• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help needed: Laptop to LCD TV

Guruking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a computer, electronic noob....

I would like to know how to view my laptop content from my 42" LG LCD.
I tried to connect via the RGB cable (many pins connector) but my LCD display no signal.

Wat is the prob? pls help me by simplify the process in layman term. Much appreciated and thank you!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

I tried to connect via the RGB cable (many pins connector) but my LCD display no signal.

Wat is the prob? pls help me by simplify the process in layman term. Much appreciated and thank you!

press the fn-screen button on your laptop?

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

a. check if the LCD shows "searching for signal" or some similar message...
b. then press "Fn" key follow by "F3".. the LCD should flicker a while and the display appears...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

actually, me was oso trying 2 find out ...

so me went 2 ask sum1 ... n sum1 tol me ...

muz connect using a 15-pin cable fr ur laptop 2 ze tv ... press fn 5 ...

if u wan sound 2 b transmitted as well, get 1 more other cable ... tink wif red n white color 1 ...

if in doubt, go 2 sum shops in sim lim n ask la ...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Connect like the desktop to LCD monitor connection. Using VGA or DVI cable from laptop to LCD TV and if you want sound connect another cable from laptop earphone hole/plug to LCD TV Audio in hole/plug.
Then from your laptop activate/ON the VGA/DVI source by pressing FN(function key) and F3 together. And from the LCD TV using remote control select Video source by pressing source/video.
This will be able to work. Only one cable for video and another cable for sound cost less than $10.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, me was oso trying 2 find out ...

so me went 2 ask sum1 ... n sum1 tol me ...

muz connect using a 15-pin cable fr ur laptop 2 ze tv ... press fn 5 ...

if u wan sound 2 b transmitted as well, get 1 more other cable ... tink wif red n white color 1 ...

if in doubt, go 2 sum shops in sim lim n ask la ...

I am not sure if the Sim Lim shop owners will help you if you have no plans to buy anything from them.

Guruking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all!

I managed to get the connect the laptop to the LCD TV but there is no sound. MY laptop has no red and white cable connection port but the TV has. My laptop has one port which consist of 7 holes and 2 USB port. The TV has one S-Video port, 3 HDMI port and 2 set of red, white, yellow ports. So which one to connect to provide the sound?

Bro, Cestbon,
what is a VGA/DVI cable? My laptop has a earphone hole and wat kind of cable should i connect to the TV and on the TV which hole to connect?

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all!

I managed to get the connect the laptop to the LCD TV but there is no sound. MY laptop has no red and white cable connection port but the TV has. My laptop has one port which consist of 7 holes and 2 USB port. The TV has one S-Video port, 3 HDMI port and 2 set of red, white, yellow ports. So which one to connect to provide the sound?

Bro, Cestbon,
what is a VGA/DVI cable? My laptop has a earphone hole and wat kind of cable should i connect to the TV and on the TV which hole to connect?

Friend, have you tried googling your way to an answer? The internet is more than just sammyboy you know..................

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all!

Bro, Cestbon,

There is a cable that splits a normal earphone jack into the red/white audio input on your tv.

Guruking

Alfrescian
Loyal
so i have to buy a normal earphone plug with two cables, one red and one white? computer store has sell this cable? i just realise my TV has a small earphone plug like my laptop and its stated RGB/DVI Audio.....so which one should plug into?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
so i have to buy a normal earphone plug with two cables, one red and one white? computer store has sell this cable? i just realise my TV has a small earphone plug like my laptop and its stated RGB/DVI Audio.....so which one should plug into?

Most electrical stores have it. Just ask the guy for an earphone jack to an
av audio red/white input. ( make sure you get the longest length)

I am not sure about the rgb/dvi audio you are talking about. You should refer to the manual about this one.

The cable that I suggested is good enough.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most electrical stores have it. Just ask the guy for an earphone jack to an
av audio red/white input. ( make sure you get the longest length)

I am not sure about the rgb/dvi audio you are talking about. You should refer to the manual about this one.

The cable that I suggested is good enough.

my.php

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Plug into Audio in( mean audio in from other source like CD/Laptop/DVD player wahtever source)
:smile: