• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heard on radio Carrefour closing shop in S'pore, massive retrenchment

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kanina,

Please tell us what is the percentage breakdown between local and foreign staff hired by Carrefour in Singapore.

Don't know exactly, but visually can tell they don't hire prc n pinoys. That's a formula for failure in retail business

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
GIANT is taking over carrefour and keeping all the staff.

carrefour shouldn't close. instead CUNT should close with their fuckup servixces.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next one will be GIANT.
Most items more expensive than others and very few location.
The only left will be NTUC, SS and Cold Storage.
I like Cold Storage because theirs vege and fruit is nicer and price also comparable and some item even more cheaper.
SS vege and fruit are for pig.

jw5

Loyal
Next one will be GIANT.
Most items more expensive than others and very few location.
The only left will be NTUC, SS and Cold Storage.
I like Cold Storage because theirs vege and fruit is nicer and price also comparable and some item even more cheaper.
SS vege and fruit are for pig.

Don't forget Shop N Save. I think they have the same parent company as CS.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Giant, Shop N Save and Cold Storage all trade under the DairyFarm group of companies. A Hong Kong conglomerate.

Last edited:

ConyuConhee

Alfrescian
Loyal
massive retrenchment??

how many staff do they employ???
long overdue ..... operating a supermarket in prime location
long live pap
long live lky

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of all the places, have a supermarket in suntec. no surprise carrflour collapses. the parking is horrendous! damned inconvenient. all traffic jams. huge complex a massive white elephant.so many things many irrelevant. fairprice will turn the place into the finest supermarket for sure!au revoir!!!

It was rumoured that they were denied better locations. Somehow NTUC managed to get all those prime locations:rolleyes:

I'll miss Carrefour for their breads & cheeses.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC will survive because the way they run the business, alway
win win on their side, supplier lost lost no gain! Semi gahmen with
all the white shirt papaya sitting inside with high salarlee!

Sheng Siong will stay to expand more outlet as it has something to do
with famiLee!