• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Health / Medical] - The truth about cholesterol is not so simple

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People who worry about cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar etc are usually the folks who get those diseases which they worry about getting.

Stop worrying and start living.

By the way, I suspect a pharmaceutical racket scam when it comes to those annual health checkups for the elderly. They might exaggerate your 'high blood pressure' etc and give you a mountain of drugs to 'control your condition'.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who worry about cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar etc are usually the folks who get those diseases which they worry about getting.

Stop worrying and start living.

By the way, I suspect a pharmaceutical racket scam when it comes to those annual health checkups for the elderly. They might exaggerate your 'high blood pressure' etc and give you a mountain of drugs to 'control your condition'.
KNN my uncle saw boss sam also take olive oil that's why leecided to search and ask more info KNN

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omega 3 tablets the Best

IMG_20210226_005411.jpg

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I haven't watched the clip yet but the "cholesterol causes heart attack" talk is getting debunked. Apparently our body produces cholesterol on its own

Correct, and statins only superficially treat symptoms (of high cholesterol), not the underling cause (ie. inflammation with oxidative stress) that causes the liver to produce high cholesterol, and thus do more harm than good. Your liver is thinking, "KNN due to inflammation with oxidative stress, I need to produce more cholesterol, but the KNN statins are blocking my effort KNN", and thus statins wreak havoc on the body while making no difference to your risk of heart attacks regardless of artificially plummeting cholesterol levels.

In addition, it is not cholesterol level(s) per se that is indicative of cardiovascular health, but rather the specific ratio of HDL : LDL : Triglycerides that is relevant. The next time you do a blood test, ask for these variables to be included, ask your doctor to print out a copy of these values from your test result for you to keep, then calculate this ratio on your own.