• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious HDB Terrace House At Queenstown With 47 Years Lease Left Selling For $980k! Who Says 99-Year HDB Prices Will Decline After 20 Years?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Asking price is a world of difference from transacted price. One can ask for anything, whether can sell or not is another thing.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite all the cons buyer still went ahead with it. He must have very strong reasons to purchase such old flat. Indeed a unique buyer.:smile:

Unless he can rent it out for $5K every month for the next 20 years, then it's ok.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless he can rent it out for $5K every month for the next 20 years, then it's ok.

If i wish to rent a hm at tiong bahru no way i would pay 5k a mth. I wont even want to have a second look. 5k? U must be pulling my leg.:smile:

MacPhersonEstate

Alfrescian
Loyal
from outside nice and peaceful,
go inside n inspect
you will realised, old buildings usually windows v small and place not much natural sunlight
sewage pipes more than 50 years old, the smell will rise up everytime you flush the toilet bowl, how to replace sewage pipes embedded in the concrete?

if have 1 million to spare, should buy a new hdb apartment and buy a nice car, lots of change leftover
and most importantly, the clocking is ticking

Recently I went to the area office regarding leaking sewerage pipe in my hdb. The area officer told me that if ceiling leak is hdb. But sewerage pipe leak I need to repair it myself. Is this correct?

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I went to the area office regarding leaking sewerage pipe in my hdb. The area officer told me that if ceiling leak is hdb. But sewerage pipe leak I need to repair it myself. Is this correct?

water leaks in hdb from top floor to bottom, both owners share cost of repairs
for condo the top floor bears the cost 100%

first you have to be very sure of the source of leak, some leaks are extremely tricky to track
i kena before, change toilet bowl, test water proof membrane, etc etc and downstairs still leaking, spent a fair bit of money

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why buy a leasehold property with less than 50 years left and subject to HDB shitty rules, when you can buy a freehold one or a condo by paying a bit more?

People have their own reasons for buying a property. Even HDB flats in shitty locations are occupied. The point of the article is to debunk the bullshit that a decaying HDB lease would lead to a sharp reduction in market value of the HDB property for property owners.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
People have their own reasons for buying a property. Even HDB flats in shitty locations are occupied. The point of the article is to debunk the bullshit that a decaying HDB lease would lead to a sharp reduction in market value of the HDB property for property owners.

Looks more like some propaganda shit to attract stupid Sinkies to buy such almost worthless units.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looks more like some propaganda shit to attract stupid Sinkies to buy such almost worthless units.

The property were transacted at nearly $1 million. They are not worthles nor is it propaganda. You are just upset that your oppie fake narrative about the local property market has been debunked yet again.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuxkcking stupid to buy that piece of shits. There is a home temple nearby and the main road is just in front. MRT line whizzing by ...LOL

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuxkcking stupid to buy that piece of shits. There is a home temple nearby and the main road is just in front. MRT line whizzing by ...LOL
the convenience and proximity to main road and mrt are important aspects of a chicken coop. it’s not for living. it’s for doing business.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The property were transacted at nearly $1 million. They are not worthles nor is it propaganda. You are just upset that your oppie fake narrative about the local property market has been debunked yet again.
hanor, but these mil$ transactions are exceptions rather than the norm - one swallow doesn't make a cummer! :whistling: