• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawker makes $6,000 monthly selling $1.50 chicken rice

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very possible to make 6k a month if he sells enough plates of it. S$ 1.50 for a meal surely attracts plenty of people and chicken rice is something almost everybody likes.

What's so unbelievable?

How much chicken comes with the price? Three sliver or three strands? You think sinkees would want to pay $1.50 for that?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wat dey meant was dat in order 2 make mor profit, u shud sel ur tings chip ...

dey shud tel ze gahmen 2 start selling evryting chip-chip ...

He makes business sense to sell more rather than sell expensive. A true entrepeneur. I have already witness many hawkers in food court area closed down within a month when they charged customer above $4 for tasteless food.

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any FR on this $1.50 chicken rice? i don't mind buying two packets home for lunch n dinner. if portion is really small, then must eat two packets for lunch only. :(

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am interested to know how come an able bodied chap is only earning $850 a month. The guy is also presentable. Real journalist would know which is the correct story. or is this guy smart enough to grab the large subsidy?

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any FR on this $1.50 chicken rice? i don't mind buying two packets home for lunch n dinner. if portion is really small, then must eat two packets for lunch only. :(
you will end up eating alot of rice (chicken flavoured) with bits of chicken. with the kind of rental and the food cost here.......dun think you can get any type of decent chicken rice for $1.50.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you are a vegetarian, you will not worried about buying chicken rice and it got much meat in it.

angbin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please correct me if I am wrong:

1. 820 Hainanese Chicken Rice Model

650 plates per day opens 28 days per month = 18,200 plates
Profit is $6,000 per month = $0.33 per plate
$0.33 over the sale $1.50 per plate GM = 0.33/1.50 = 22%

2. Typical $2.50 Stall (lets assume the below situation)

Could sell only 300 plates per day 54% less plates than above
Plates sold per month assume he takes 4 days holidays = 26 x 300 = 7,800 plates

Now this guy is selling $1 more than 820 Hainanese but lets assume his cost is higher and the difference is $0.70 instead of $1
This means that for every plate he has an extra $0.70 plus the original profit of $0.33 = $1.03 per plate
$1.03 over the sale $2.50 per plate GM = 1.03/2.650 = 41%

His profit = 1.03 x 7,800 = $8,034 vs $6,000 = 34% more

So now who is smarter? Selling 54% less but making 34% more?

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This means that for every plate he has an extra $0.70 plus the original profit of $0.33 = $1.03 per plate

Speaks like a true blue businessman. When are you going to take me as your student? :biggrin:

angbin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wonder how does this $1.50 chicken rice tastes like.....if you can find any chicken meat at all.

Two person asked this question how it taste and still no reply, maybe 820 Hainanese stall don't exist?

angbin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Speaks like a true blue businessman. When are you going to take me as your student? :biggrin:

Businessman? Cheaper pinoy had taken over my field job stuffing your ATMs while I got a promotion desk job that pays me 35% less, go figure. But I'm not complaining, now more time to go to my Chiangmai home to relak one corner.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Two person asked this question how it taste and still no reply, maybe 820 Hainanese stall don't exist?

I have eaten before. Not so nice. The opposite coffee shop is selling at 2.50, 3.00 and has a queue forming up during peak hours. Next time you come back, bring you to go eat lah :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please correct me if I am wrong:

1. 820 Hainanese Chicken Rice Model

650 plates per day opens 28 days per month = 18,200 plates
Profit is $6,000 per month = $0.33 per plate
$0.33 over the sale $1.50 per plate GM = 0.33/1.50 = 22%

2. Typical $2.50 Stall (lets assume the below situation)

Could sell only 300 plates per day 54% less plates than above
Plates sold per month assume he takes 4 days holidays = 26 x 300 = 7,800 plates

Now this guy is selling $1 more than 820 Hainanese but lets assume his cost is higher and the difference is $0.70 instead of $1

I dun see many $2.50 chicken rice around also. Minimum $3. Even have $2.50 also dun expect to fill stomach.
I would think selling even 300 plates per day is considered good business liao.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dun see many $2.50 chicken rice around also. Minimum $3. Even have $2.50 also dun expect to fill stomach.

hi there

1. bro, the hainanese chicken rice stall at blk 632 bedok reservoir still sells at 2.50c per plate.
2. bingo! don't expect too much to fill the tummy hoh:biggrin:
3. honest, it is some decent meal.
4. the stall has been operating there for more than 30 years hoh:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have eaten before. Not so nice. The opposite coffee shop is selling at 2.50, 3.00 and has a queue forming up during peak hours. Next time you come back, bring you to go eat lah :biggrin:

hi there

1. raid, walau!
2. is your avatar your latest conquest or what?
3. and who is the vegan in the pic below:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. bro, the hainanese chicken rice stall at blk 632 bedok reservoir still sells at 2.50c per plate.
2. bingo! don't expect too much to fill the tummy hoh:biggrin:
3. honest, it is some decent meal.
4. the stall has been operating there for more than 30 years hoh:biggrin:

lets do the math....if you were to cook chicken rice at home, how much need for ingredients? granted buying in bulk only can mitigate food cost to a certain extent. add on rental and labour......end of the day hawker got to use cheapskate rice and frozen chicken (maybe)......where got quality? Sell at $1.50 sure need to cut portions and cut corners here and there.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lets do the math....if you were to cook chicken rice at home, how much need for ingredients? granted buying in bulk only can mitigate food cost to a certain extent. add on rental and labour......end of the day hawker got to use cheapskate rice and frozen chicken (maybe)......where got quality? Sell at $1.50 sure need to cut portions and cut corners here and there.

hi there

1. bro, you are absolutely correct.
2. there are those "broken" rice (mai sui) that is very coarse and needs plenty of water to cook.
3. bedok reservoir stall still uses full-grain rice.
4. one of the cheapest rice in town: rice from the land of the ganges:biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the picture I see a "Him", Why the article keep stating "Her" ? Am I seeing wrongly ? But he got a breast so is it a he or her ? :confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you eat vegetarian ... you will filled your stomach easily.