• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawker Chan's roast pork rice now costs $8.10 instead of $5.80

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price of roast pork rice from Liao Fan Hawker Chan's outlet at Plaza Singapura's Kopitiam food court has gone up from S$5.80 to S$8.10 -- a 40 per cent increase.

According to Shin Min Daily News, the customer who bought the dish was so shocked he went online to complain that the stall raised prices without informing customers, since it was quite a significant hike.

Sudden increase without notification

The customer, Liang Jianan, 40, said he buys food from the stall weekly.

Shocked by the abrupt increase in prices, he asked the stall's cashier repeatedly to confirm the 40 per cent price hike.

Liang said: "I checked and found that this rice dish is no different from what was served before, other than an extra half an egg now."

More at https://shrtcô.de/b9UlEf

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hawker Chan's roast pork was never impressive, even before it got famous.

Soy sauce chicken is the main attraction.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can somebody please tell me why so many dumb sinkies are so enamored with Michelin food-ratings ?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can somebody please tell me why so many dumb sinkies are so enamored with Michelin food-ratings ?
Michelin star I not so Dulan.

I damn dulan those food vloggers. They go post YouTube videos and make the stalls i frequent extremely crowded. Really KNN.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this social media age where "likes" and followers can be bought easily, can't these hawkers buy ratings from Michelin as well ?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's not that expensive considering Chicken rice now cost $11.30

Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 4.40.36 PM.png

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not know what is the problem-you can choose not to buy from this Chan just like you can don't vote for PAP or Chan Chun Sing