• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Have you done any digital banking

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
GXS, which is 60% owned by Grab and 40% by Singtel, will aim to amass customers by letting them “earn interest daily” through the bank’s mobile application which will be available from September 5. Incumbent lenders typically pay out such yields monthly.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered (STAN.L) and FairPrice Group on Thursday rolled out their digital bank focusing on Singapore's retail segment, a move that comes on the heels of digital bank launches by GXS Bank and China's Ant Group in the affluent city-state.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered (STAN.L) and FairPrice Group on Thursday rolled out their digital bank focusing on Singapore's retail segment, a move that comes on the heels of digital bank launches by GXS Bank and China's Ant Group in the affluent city-state.
For those already existing bank like Stan chart, what is the difference of digital banking with current Internet banking model ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those already existing bank like Stan chart, what is the difference of digital banking with current Internet banking model ?

I think digital banking requires the usage of their stupid app, maybe involves scanning of QR codes.

Internet banking is just signing in to a bank website and doing your transactions.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Surprised it took the NTUC cronies so long when the license was given to Jack Ma's bank very early. :rolleyes:

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think digital banking requires the usage of their stupid app, maybe involves scanning of QR codes.

Internet banking is just signing in to a bank website and doing your transactions.
Current Internet banking also have scanning of qr code for payments etc .

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No physical branch. All in the cloud. Too bad i dontch qualify.
Stan chart has branches. That's why I asked about the actual difference of digital banking.
Also since long ago banking was already in the cloud just that the term wasn't been used.