• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

have u check your interests from your bank account?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before I dont even know why Posbank deduct $2 every month. Until I ask them I keep more than min amount required. They said is current account service charge.
After DBS(Damn Bloody Stupid) take over all free service gone.
Before POSbank current account is free so do they cheaque.

by the way, the cheque book isn't free either. they will bill u $10 for a 50 pages chequebook. i think they also charge u for postage if they mail to u.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, disappointed ER. BUT I feel Soooooooooooo rich when I looked at my CPF statement today instead.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, disappointed ER. BUT I feel Soooooooooooo rich when I looked at my CPF statement today instead.

wtih paps in power, cpf looks good. without paps around, it might be a different look. just like a model looks good with all the makeup. once those camouflage is removed she looks worst than auntie jinx!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is how bank is run by Dirty Bastard of Sgpore:

POSB and DBS Bank customers rush to check bank accounts

Published on Jan 6, 2012

POSB and DBS Bank customers rushed to check their bank accounts on Friday morning after the bank said on Thursday night it was investigating a series of unauthorised transactions made from Malaysia that has seen at least 200 customers affected and $200,000 stolen. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEEBy Magdalen Ng and Robin Chan
POSB and DBS Bank customers rushed to check their bank accounts on Friday morning after the bank said on Thursday night it was investigating a series of unauthorised transactions made from Malaysia that has seen at least 200 customers affected and $200,000 stolen.

Many older customers who do not have online access to their bank accounts went down to update their passbooks manually, as queues lengthened and waiting times increased at some branches.

At the Tiong Bahru POSB branch, a woman who gave her name as Ms Tan, a 40-year-old quantity surveyor, took time off work in the morning to check for all three of her family's bank accounts.

She was also waiting for the bank branch to open at 11am to de-activate ATM cards linked to bank accounts with larger amounts, she said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_752564.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Any money which you cannot use immediately to spend in any way you please (including investments) or be used to pay bills, buy food etc is worthless.

The CPF is hidden taxation on your disposable income.

It is not a pension scheme, it does not help you to cope with retirement, its usage has been bastardised into a hydra of clusterfucking confusion.

And at the current rate the pappies are shifting the goal posts (i.e. raising withdrawal), you are statistically more likely to die first before being able to take out your money.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low interest rate: bad for savings, good for borrowing.

There may come a time when the bank will charge you for keeping money with them. It's like a safebox payment for safe-keeping, compared to keeping money in your home. As it is, I notice that there is a service charge every month for keeping my money in the bank.

AirAsia called shrewdly called it "convenience fee" for payment by Internet - even though they tend to benefit.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any money which you cannot use immediately to spend in any way you please (including investments) or be used to pay bills, buy food etc is worthless.

The CPF is hidden taxation on your disposable income.

It is not a pension scheme, it does not help you to cope with retirement, its usage has been bastardised into a hydra of clusterfucking confusion.

And at the current rate the pappies are shifting the goal posts (i.e. raising withdrawal), you are statistically more likely to die first before being able to take out your money.

Half truth becomes a lie. Repeat a lie many times and it becomes a truth. Money in CPF earns much more than money put in banks. Interest is between 2 - 4 per cent compared to less than 1.00 per cent in banks.

It's better to keep money with CPF if you are not using it. But you are allowed to use it for investment, education, and housing if you think it gives you better returns. If this is what you called "bastardised", then better change the meaning of bastard.

Anyway, majority of people who use CPF to invest lost money. They think they are wise.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Half truth becomes a lie. Repeat a lie many times and it becomes a truth. Money in CPF earns much more than money put in banks. Interest is between 2 - 4 per cent compared to less than 1.00 per cent in banks.

It's better to keep money with CPF if you are not using it. But you are allowed to use it for investment, education, and housing if you think it gives you better returns. If this is what you called "bastardised", then better change the meaning of bastard.

Anyway, majority of people who use CPF to invest lost money. They think they are wise.

if gov keeps adding restriction and prevent one to withdraw when he's qualified, our cpf is as good as kaput! last time, withdrawal is 55yo.people were living longer. now it's withdrawal age is extended to 60 ( and maybe even more later), people are dropping dead at quite a younger age. if lau lee can live that long, he's fortunate. many singaporeans aren't really that lucky like him.

if it's our $, return us when time is due. keep cooking up "unforeseens" to scare us is NOT a good conjob. it's a conjured robbery!

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
if gov keeps adding restriction and prevent one to withdraw when he's qualified, our cpf is as good as kaput! last time, withdrawal is 55yo.people were living longer. now it's withdrawal age is extended to 60 ( and maybe even more later), people are dropping dead at quite a younger age. if lau lee can live that long, he's fortunate. many singaporeans aren't really that lucky like him.

Now ? Now it's 65. Remember to update your database.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
my money in the cpf is dead.dead.cold and dead....keeps increasing the medisave and minimum sum. my cpf is dead dead dead...si liao!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was living in Canada I put some money in an RRSP(Registered Retirement Savings Plan). It is a Canadian retirement plan open to anyone living in Canada. You get to choose a bank & a combination of investment schemes. One is allowed to switch between RRSPs. The amount you put in the RRSP is tax exempt. You can withdraw the money at any time & the only penalty is that you will have to pay income tax on the amount.

I've never taken out the RRSP, it's still there & last I checked it was 300% plus of the the original value :eek: In a few years time I'll go & get the $$$ out, it may not be much but it is still mine & I'll be able to get it out unlike my CPF.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was living in Canada I put some money in an RRSP(Registered Retirement Savings Plan). It is a Canadian retirement plan open to anyone living in Canada. You get to choose a bank & a combination of investment schemes. One is allowed to switch between RRSPs. The amount you put in the RRSP is tax exempt. You can withdraw the money at any time & the only penalty is that you will have to pay income tax on the amount.

I've never taken out the RRSP, it's still there & last I checked it was 300% plus of the the original value :eek: In a few years time I'll go & get the $$$ out, it may not be much but it is still mine & I'll be able to get it out unlike my CPF.

does canadian gov soft- threat that in the event of a leegime change, the saving might be kaput?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to depend on your Loudhailer friend to carry the flag for such a protest.

if u r referring to chee, then more damages than good would be done to the people. under whatever chee's protest hid a more sinister conspiracy NOT to better the life of citizens but to turn it messier :(