• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ha! Ah Kua Show star complain when someone call her Ah Kua

watchnut

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's like only black people can call themselves nigga,

leona.jpg

ah-kua-show-a-play-by-leona-lo-482x298.jpg

The Straits Times
Saturday, Oct 06, 2012

SINGAPORE - An SBS Transit bus driver will be disciplined for using a gay slur on a woman, in what is believed to be the first case of its kind here.

Public relations consultant and trans-sexual woman Leona Lo, 37, was at the Bedok temporary bus interchange on Tuesday morning when a bus driver hurled an insult at her, she said.

"As I was walking to the MRT station, this bus driver started mimicking the way a woman walked and yelled 'Ah Kua'. Other bus drivers started hooting and clapping," she said.

"Ah Kua" is a derogatory Hokkien term for a trans-sexual or transvestite.

Ms Lo then sent a letter to SBS Transit about the incident.

In response to queries, SBS Transit spokesman Tammy Tan said the operator has investigated the incident and identified the offending bus captain.

She said: "He is deeply apologetic and we will be taking disciplinary action against him.

"I would like to extend my deep regrets to the complainant and to assure her that this is not something we at SBS Transit condone," Ms Tan added.

This is the first time the transport operator has received a complaint about an employee using a gay slur on a member of the public, she added.

Ms Lo, who is an outspoken activist, called the incident "a painful reminder that institutional discrimination remains in Singapore".

She added that vulnerable individuals must have the courage to stand up to such bullying.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there any other term in hokkien other then Ah Kua to address faggot like them?

I don't think there is.
Even in english I can't think of a polite term.

So it really depends on how sensitive the individual & in this case he/she took offence.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think there is.
Even in english I can't think of a polite term.

So it really depends on how sensitive the individual & in this case he/she took offence.

Use words from the dictionary....

transvestite, transexual, homosexual......its not rude if listed in dictionary......

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Use words from the dictionary....

transvestite, transexual, homosexual......its not rude if listed in dictionary......

These english terms can also be considered insulting. Alot depends on the tone & context the word are used. SBS can take all the disciplinary action they want but I doubt it will change attitudes.

I was wondering if there such a thing as a hokkien dictionary:confused: