• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GVGT!best MAGA Yet! Google Defected to China! Dotard want hang Google for TREASON Charge! USA @ Civil War! Xijinping is GOD!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/google被控與中國政府合作-川普說要查-131944047.html

Google被控與中國政府合作 川普說要查

Yahoo奇摩(即時新聞)

29.8k 人追蹤

2019年7月16日 下午9:19

美國總統川普今晨表示,他的政府將會調查有關谷歌公司(Google)被控與中國政府合作一事,但他在推文中沒有多談此事。
力挺川普的矽谷金主提爾(Peter Thiel)將砲口對準網路搜尋引擎龍頭谷歌與科技業,批評他們聚焦全球市場、擱置美國利益,還批Google看似做出叛國行為與中國合作。
川普在推文中說:「根據『福斯與朋友們』節目(Fox & Friends),『擁有億萬身價的科技業投資人提爾認為,Google應為叛國受到調查。他指控Google與中國政府合作』。他是個很棒又優秀的人,對此事比任何人都了解。川普政府會查查看。」
Google公司代表尚未就川普的談話發表評論。
以大數據分析出名的帕蘭泰爾技術公司(Palantir Technologies)共同創辦人兼臉書(Facebook)董事提爾昨天在華盛頓舉行的民族保守主義(National Conservatism)會議上發表演說攻擊Google。
美國雜誌「財經內幕」(Business Insider)報導,提爾主要是批評Google與中國的關係,提到Google打算以研發審查版搜尋引擎的「蜻蜓計畫」(Project Dragonfly)重返中國市場。
提爾表示,美國聯邦調查局(FBI)與中央情報局(CIA)應該調查Google。Google發言人回應他的談話表示,公司沒有與中國軍方合作,但不願進一步闡述。

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...aims-investigate-google-treasonous-china-ties

Trump claims he will investigate Google for 'treasonous' China ties
US president vows to look into claim about firm’s relationship with Chinese government

Guardian staff and agencies
Tue 16 Jul 2019 17.23 BST Last modified on Tue 16 Jul 2019 17.44 BST

Shares

Donald Trump with the PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, who made the allegations against Google. Photograph: / Reuters/Reuters

Donald Trump has suggested Google might be working treasonously with China and claimed he would look into the matter.
In a tweet on Tuesday the US president – claiming to quote Fox News – said the tech billionaire Peter Thiel “believes Google should be investigated for treason. He accuses Google of working with the Chinese government.”
He added that the PayPal co-founder – a Trump supporter – was “a great and brilliant guy who knows this subject better than anyone”, and claimed: “The Trump administration will take a look!”
Riva Sciuto, a spokeswoman for Google, said: “As we have said before, we do not work with the Chinese military. We are working with the US government, including the Department of Defense, in many areas including cybersecurity, recruiting and healthcare.”
Trump’s comments came as a House judiciary subcommittee prepared to hold a bipartisan investigation into the market power of Facebook, Google, Amazon and Apple.
Congress will begin two days of hearings on Tuesday on the digital currency planned by Facebook, to be called Libra, starting with the Senate banking committee.
Over the weekend, Thiel said the FBI and CIA should open an investigation into Google.
According to the Axios website, Thiel said Google was “engaged in the seemingly treasonous decision to work with the Chinese military and not with the US military”.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/16/20696131/trump-google-investigation-peter-thiel-fox-news

Trump’s threat to investigate Google isn’t based on evidence. It’s based on Fox News.

How Peter Thiel’s Google conspiracy theory made its way from Fox & Friends to the White House.

By Aaron Rupar@atrupar Jul 16, 2019, 12:00pm EDT

1162191881.jpg.0.jpg
Trump at the White House on Monday. Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
President Donald Trump threatened to launch a treason investigation into Google in a Monday morning tweet for allegedly working with the Chinese government — based on an 11-second Fox News clip containing no evidence whatsoever. Instead, the president cited unsubstantiated allegations made by billionaire investor and Facebook board member Peter Thiel on Monday’s installment of Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show.
Thiel, it’s worth noting, is a longtime Trump supporter and adviser — something of a rarity in left-leaning Silicon Valley.
At 7:46 a.m., Trump tweeted, “‘Billionaire Tech Investor Peter Thiel believes Google should be investigated for treason. He accuses Google of working with the Chinese Government.’ @foxandfriends A great and brilliant guy who knows this subject better than anyone. The Trump Administration will take a look!”
Trump’s tweet was posted about an hour after a Fox & Friends news segment featured an 11-second clip of Thiel’s interview with Carlson. Matthew Gertz of Media Matters for America posted the clip Trump reacted to:

Trump’s tweet was later given credence by being retweeted from the official White House Twitter account.
wh.jpg

While Trump is taking Thiel’s claim seriously, there’s good reason to believe it should be taken with a grain of salt.
Thiel has a long-running beef with Google
Thiel’s comments on Carlson’s show — the ones that wound up in the Fox & Friends news wrap Trump watched — weren’t the first time in recent days that the Trump-supporting Facebook board member and Paypal co-founder made explosive allegations about a Silicon Valley competitor. Thiel made similar insinuations during his speech on Sunday at the National Conservatism Conference, suggesting that foreign intelligence agencies, including China’s, had “infiltrated” Google and contributed to the company’s “seemingly treasonous decision to work with the Chinese military and not with the US military.”
But as Axios’s Dan Primack writes, when Carlson lightly pushed Thiel for some evidence to back up his claim about Google being infiltrated, “Thiel demurred by saying he was just ‘asking questions.’” Primack also notes that Thiel’s comments raise suspicions he might have self-interested motives for pushing conspiracy theories about Google, such as the possibility he’s shorted Google’s stock or that the software company he founded, Palantir Technologies, is competing with Google for a major US government contract.
Thiel has been publicly critical of Google for years. As Vanity Fair reported in late 2017, Thiel called Google “a monopoly both in his book Zero to One and on stage at a conference with Google executive Eric Schmidt.” According to the Kansas City Star, just days before then-Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley opened an antitrust investigation into Google in November 2017, Thiel made a maximum donation to Hawley’s campaign. Both Thiel and Hawley denied any connection between the donation and the investigation, but Hawley — whose successful 2016 attorney general campaign received $300,000 from Thiel — has since gone on to be one of Google’s biggest critics in the US senate.
But the fact remains that Thiel has presented no evidence that the Chinese government has infiltrated Google. And in response to Thiel’s comments on Sunday, a Google spokesperson said in a statement that “As we have said before, we do not work with the Chinese military.”
Trump is turning his ire to tech companies
The specifics of the Thiel-Google feud aside, the broader significance of Trump’s tweet — beyond what it says about the Fox News-to-White House pipeline — is that this also happens to be the week that the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which Hawley is a member, is holding an antitrust hearing with major tech companies, including Google.
Though Republicans tend to be pro-business, they have been increasingly critical of tech companies of late, particularly as they try to gin up suspicions that tech platforms are engaged in “censorship” stemming from anti-conservative bias. Trump’s tweet about Google comes while the White House, with help from Hawley and other Republicans, continues to push baseless conspiracy theories about tech giants and social media companies being biased against Republicans. To be clear, there are legitimate concerns about the size and scale of big tech companies that have been expressed by politicians on both sides of the aisle — Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) did a commendable job last year interrogating Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg about Facebook’s lack of competition, for instance, while Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren is proposing to break up big tech — but Trump supporters like Hawley don’t usually express these concerns in good faith.
During a social media summit at the White House last week, Trump wound down his speech on a chilling note by threatening to take action against social media and tech executives unless they address his (baseless) bias claims.
Related
The White House social media summit was a circus. Its aftermath was even worse.
“They’re not using what we gave them fairly and they have to do that,” Trump said. “And we don’t want to stifle anything, we certainly don’t want to stifle free speech, but that’s no longer free speech. See, I don’t think the mainstream media is free speech either because it’s so crooked, it’s so dishonest. To me, free speech is not when you see something good and then you purposely write something bad. To me, that’s very dangerous speech.”
Trump wants tech companies to know that he wields an incredible amount of power with the presidency, regardless of the underlying veracity of Thiel’s claims, and that they should know that he’s willing to use the power of regulation if companies get too eager to “censor” conservative viewpoints.
Of course, it also illustrates how the president is willing to capitalize upon anything and everything — even 11-second Fox & Friends clips — to make a case that companies he perceives as being insufficiently supportive are up to no good.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...gle_for_possibly_aiding_chinese_military.html

Peter Thiel: FBI, CIA Should Investigate Google For Possibly Aiding Chinese Military

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date July 15, 2019

Peter Thiel said Google should be investigated by the U.S. government for aiding China and accused the company of being infiltrated by Chinese state security in an interview with FOX News' Tucker Carlson.

Thiel said he is most scared by Elizabeth Warren in 2020 and finds the other Democratic presidential candidates "unimpressive."

TUCKER CARLSON, FOX NEWS: Peter Thiel co-founded PayPal. He was one of the very first investors in Facebook. If anyone knows a lot about big (ph) PAC and its power and its potential dangers, it’s Peter Thiel. So it means something when he warns that Google, the world’s most powerful company, has become a threat to American national security. They may even have committed treason, he says.

While speaking at the National Conservatism Conference in Washington yesterday, Thiel warned that Google may have been infiltrated by Chinese intelligence and ought to be subject to immediate investigation by the FBI and the CIA.

I’m happy to have Peter Thiel join us tonight. Peter, thanks a lot for coming on. So --

(CROSSTALK)

PETER THIEL, CO-FOUNDER, PAYPAL: -- thanks for having me.

CARLSON: What did you mean when you said that?

THIEL: Well, it was just in the form of a set of questions I asked, where you know, artificial intelligence is something people talk about nonstop in Silicon Valley -- but they almost never talk about its dual use. If it’s real, if this is a real thing, it obviously can also be used by the military, it’ll be weaponized in all sorts of ways, and it’s an important national security question as to who has it.

There’s this very peculiar background where Google is working with the Chinese on Communist government and not with the U.S. military; so the Project Maven decision was a decision not to work with A.I., with the U.S. military -- but they’re working with the Communist Chinese.

And so the question is, you know, from the outside is just -- what in the world is going on there? And I sort of suggested a few different possibilities. But I think, you know, it’s been – they described it as a Manhattan Project for A.I. So if you go around broadcasting that you’re building a Manhattan Project for A.I., I would think this naturally would draw the attention of foreign intelligence agencies.

I think the Chinese are confident enough, the Ministry of State Security is likely to have infiltrated Google, and then I think the Google management has sort of a decision of either letting the software go out the front door, or figuring, it will get stolen anyway and go out the back door.

CARLSON: When you say you believe that Chinese State Security is likely to have infiltrated Google, what does that mean?

THIEL: Well, if you say you’re building a Manhattan Project for A.I., don’t you think that would attract the interest of foreign intelligence agencies?

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: Yeah. Yeah --

THIEL: It’s just hidden in plain sight. And then they are -- well, I think there are sort of all these ways that Chinese nationals are engaged in espionage in the U.S. I’m not even -- it’s understandable that China is doing that. They see themselves in a very serious competition with the U.S., but we’re not particularly on our guard about it, and if you have sort of a series of super futuristic tech projects that you’ve broadcast to the whole world, it could lead to suspicion. And then the weird fact that’s indisputable, is that Google is working with Communist China, but not with the U.S. military on its breakthrough A.I. technology --

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: Why is that?

THIEL: Well, that’s the question. I mean I think, I think one explanation is they figure they have to, because it’ll get -- if they don’t give it to them through the front door, it will get stolen through the back door. So the first answer is they have to.

And then I think of course, there’s probably you know, a broad base of Google employees that are ideologically super left wing sort of woke, and think that China is better than the U.S. Or that the U.S. is worse than China. It’s always -- it’s more anti-American than anything.

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: Always. But this is, by definition, a threat to American national security, as you point out. So if Sundar Pichai was sitting right here, what would you say to him?

THIEL: Well, I would say answer my three questions. How many foreign intelligence agencies have infiltrated Google? Has -- have the Chinese, in particular, infiltrated? And why are you working with Communist China and not the U.S.? What is the reason you’re doing that?

CARLSON: Why do you think that -- the questions you raise -- and this, and this is not in any way to minimize their importance -- are kind of obvious questions; why haven’t (inaudible) ascertain the answers?

THIEL: Well, it’s possible that there are people in the U.S. government looking into it and they haven’t told us. But yeah, I think the FBI and the CIA would be the natural places to look into it. The FBI would look at it from the domestic side; the CIA would look at it from the outside and you know, would try to look at seeing if from the outside, their people, you know, controlling people inside Google or --

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: So if someone who’s -- this is almost rhetorical -- but as someone who’s built a lot of companies, as you have, do you think it would have been possible to create, to incubate and grow a company like Google in China? Or --

THIEL: I don’t think -- I think the U.S. is still better at innovation and at starting things, but it certainly can be copied and replicated.

CARLSON: Right.

THIEL: And something like this is true of all the breakthrough technologies we have. Most of them are still originating and developing in the West, but they don’t give us much of an advantage if they get transferred in a matter of a few years, if not a matter of months.

CARLSON: So I have to ask you -- I assume you’re watching the Democratic primaries unfold; who’s the most impressive candidate in that race, do you think?

THIEL: Well, I’m most scared by Elizabeth Warren. You know, I think she’s the one who’s actually talking about the economy, which is the only thing that I think -- the thing that I think matters by far the most.

CARLSON: Yes.

THIEL: And then I think almost all the others are equally unimpressive in the sense that it’s all identity politics of one flavor or another, and I wouldn’t want to rank how unimpressive they are, since that would be forcing me to rank the different identities and which one’s more privileged and more special --

(LAUGHTER)

-- and that would be a dangerous thing to get into.

CARLSON: It’s hard to know. It’s like --

(CROSSTALK)

THIEL: But I think Elizabeth Warren’s the dangerous one.

CARLSON: I think that’s right. Peter Thiel, it’s great to see you. Thank you.

THIEL: Thanks.​

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tw.news.yahoo.com/貿易戰廝殺美國內傷-1-2萬間店恐爆連環倒閉潮-090600528.html

貿易戰廝殺美國內傷!1.2萬間店恐爆連環倒閉潮

EBC東森新聞

13.1k 人追蹤

東森新聞
2019年7月16日 下午5:06

033864514f1776b61e0fe0e72b0ecf1a

檢視相片
中美貿易戰在日本大阪舉行雙邊會談,除了同意雙方重啟貿易談判,美方不再對中國出口產品加徵新的關稅,雙方交火一年多後暫時休兵,不過對美國的負面效應也逐漸浮現。根據市場研究機構Coresight Research數據,今年以來美國零售商關門大吉的門市數量已達7,062間,可能會在2019年底超過12,000間,創下史上最高紀錄。

▼上月底 G20 川習會談後,美中兩國同意重啟經貿磋商,亦暫停加徵新一輪關稅。
38ce494c9412ffe6dea184186765b17f

檢視相片

根據美國媒體《CNBC》報導,美媒《CNBC》報導引述去年統計資料提到,美國共有5524家商店關閉,也比2017年的歷史最高紀錄8139間,減少超過30%。

目前已經有很多家大型知名業者宣布要縮減實體門市規模,包括服飾店 Topshop、GAP、維多利亞的祕密(Victoria’s Secret)、Abercrombie&Fitch,以及藥局 CVS 和連鎖百貨 J.C. Penney等,都決定在今年要縮減實體門市規模,藉此刪減成本。

美國總統川普先前把價值2000億美元的大陸商品稅率從10%調高至25%,而就有分析師指出,川普開打貿易戰加重了美國企業負擔,如果公司增加的成本轉嫁給消費者,業績就會下滑,所以陷入進退兩難的困局。

雖然美國湧現商店倒店潮,但還是有零售商逆勢開設新店面。年初至今,美國宣布新開的實體店數量有3,017 間,7月11日,加拿大瑜伽運動品牌Lululemon 在芝加哥開設旗下最大門市,今年10月25日,紐澤西州即將開幕名為 American Dream 的購物中心,占地廣達300萬平方英尺,要來搶救經濟。

(封面圖/東森新聞)

Trade wars kill American internal injuries! 12,000 stores feared the collapse of the chain
[EBC Dongsen News]
EBC Dongsen News
13.1k person tracking
Dongsen News
July 16, 2019, 5:06 PM
View photos

The Sino-US trade war held bilateral talks in Osaka, Japan. In addition to agreeing to restart trade negotiations between the two sides, the US no longer imposes new tariffs on Chinese exports. The two sides have temporarily suspended their troops after more than a year of exchange, but the negative effects on the United States have gradually emerged. . According to market research firm Coresight Research, the number of US retailers closing the door has reached 7,062 this year, and may exceed 12,000 by the end of 2019, the highest in history.

▼ At the end of last month, after the G20 Sichuan-Study meeting, the United States and China agreed to restart economic and trade consultations and suspended a new round of tariffs.
View photos

According to the US media "CNBC" report, the US media "CNBC" reported that last year's statistics mentioned that there were 5,524 stores closed in the United States, which was also more than 30% lower than the 2017 record of 8139.

At present, many large-scale well-known companies have announced the reduction of physical store size, including clothing store Topshop, GAP, Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, and pharmacy CVS and chain department store JC Penney, all of which have decided to reduce the entity this year. The size of the store, in order to cut costs.

US President Trump previously raised the value of the 200 billion US dollars in mainland goods from 10% to 25%, and some analysts pointed out that Trump’s trade war has increased the burden on American companies, if the company’s increased costs are passed on to consumers. The performance will decline, so it is in a dilemma.

Although there are stores in the United States, there are still retailers who are offering new stores. Year-to-date, the United States announced that there are 3,017 new stores. On July 11, Canadian yoga brand Lululemon opened its largest store in Chicago. On October 25 this year, New Jersey will open a shopping mall called American Dream. Covering an area of 3 million square feet, it is necessary to rescue the economy.

(cover image / Dongsen News)

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal

google-treason.jpg

Huawei is Boss, Google struggling to suck-on Huawei to survive, don't give a shit to Dotard!

Last edited:

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCP Party News Agency: China is DIVINE for Trade War, Come On! 来! 来! 来!See who die 1st! Don't flee!

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/貿易戰廝殺美國內傷-1-2萬間店恐爆連環倒閉潮-090600528.html

貿易戰廝殺美國內傷!1.2萬間店恐爆連環倒閉潮

EBC東森新聞

13.1k 人追蹤

東森新聞
2019年7月16日 下午5:06

033864514f1776b61e0fe0e72b0ecf1a

檢視相片
中美貿易戰在日本大阪舉行雙邊會談,除了同意雙方重啟貿易談判,美方不再對中國出口產品加徵新的關稅,雙方交火一年多後暫時休兵,不過對美國的負面效應也逐漸浮現。根據市場研究機構Coresight Research數據,今年以來美國零售商關門大吉的門市數量已達7,062間,可能會在2019年底超過12,000間,創下史上最高紀錄。

▼上月底 G20 川習會談後,美中兩國同意重啟經貿磋商,亦暫停加徵新一輪關稅。
38ce494c9412ffe6dea184186765b17f

檢視相片

根據美國媒體《CNBC》報導,美媒《CNBC》報導引述去年統計資料提到,美國共有5524家商店關閉,也比2017年的歷史最高紀錄8139間,減少超過30%。

目前已經有很多家大型知名業者宣布要縮減實體門市規模,包括服飾店 Topshop、GAP、維多利亞的祕密(Victoria’s Secret)、Abercrombie&Fitch,以及藥局 CVS 和連鎖百貨 J.C. Penney等,都決定在今年要縮減實體門市規模,藉此刪減成本。

美國總統川普先前把價值2000億美元的大陸商品稅率從10%調高至25%,而就有分析師指出,川普開打貿易戰加重了美國企業負擔,如果公司增加的成本轉嫁給消費者,業績就會下滑,所以陷入進退兩難的困局。

雖然美國湧現商店倒店潮,但還是有零售商逆勢開設新店面。年初至今,美國宣布新開的實體店數量有3,017 間,7月11日,加拿大瑜伽運動品牌Lululemon 在芝加哥開設旗下最大門市,今年10月25日,紐澤西州即將開幕名為 American Dream 的購物中心,占地廣達300萬平方英尺,要來搶救經濟。

https://mil.news.sina.com.cn/dgby/2019-07-16/doc-ihytcerm3909111.shtml

环球时报:中国扛得住耗得起 美方看明白了吗

2019年07月16日 08:08 环球时报

原标题:社评:中国扛得住耗得起,美方看明白了吗
中国第二季度和上半年的经济增速继续下降,白宫方面立刻做出反应,通过推特强调美国的关税对想为避开关税而离开中国的那些公司产生了重大影响,并且宣称“数千家公司正在离开(中国)”。美方进一步得出结论说:“所以中国想要与美国达成协议,并且(中国)希望它一开始没有违反最初的协议。”
这则推特还老调重弹地强调美方征收的关税是由中方支付,而不是由美国纳税人支付的。众所周知,这种观点在理论上就站不住脚,而且美国及国际上的独立机构反复论证,关税的大部分确实是由美国企业和消费者埋单的。
美方这么快就对中国GDP增速继续放缓发出夸张的评论,首先传递出的信号是,华盛顿对贸易战久拖不决很着急。他们在密切关注中国方面的每一个动向,希望从中发现“中国快要顶不住了”的迹象,他们盼这种迹象真可谓盼得“望穿秋水”了。
这种急切的心情加上选举政治的需要,促使美方不断夸大其词,甚至编造事实和事情之间的逻辑关系,大搞舆论战的那一套。
全世界都很清楚,中国经济增速放缓、下行压力加大,远在中美贸易战发生前就出现了。它的主因是中国开展了史无前例的大规模经济结构调整,而贸易战叠加在了这一调整之上。加上贸易战的因素已经一年多,中国经济增速仍在令世界主要经济体羡慕的6%以上,下降幅度完全处在合理区间,恰恰说明中国经济不仅扛得住贸易战,而且非常耗得起。
完全是出于心理战的需要,美方把中国调整必然导致的经济放缓都宣扬成美方加征关税的结果,除了吓唬中国,华盛顿还想以此壮其对华发动贸易征讨的声威,冲淡美国国内的不满。
让我们颇感奇怪的是,华盛顿政治上的这一套居然在美国能玩得下去。中国经济的季度增速降到6.2%,但也几乎是美国增速的两倍,而且实际产生的经济增量也比美国的多。美国舆论用他们的那点增速就来嘲笑中国的6.2%,这种爆棚的自信是不是有点怪啊?
虽然遭遇贸易战压力,但是中国对经济的结构性调整计划不改,改革开放加速推进,贸易战暴露出的各项短板都在抓紧补缺。中国在有条不紊地朝前走,而反观美方,对关税吃得越来越香,而且搞出农民卖不出产品由国家给巨额补助的天下奇闻。贸易战在倒逼中国越来越健康,而美国则搞得越来越古怪,这才是真实的全景画。
不要拿“数千家公司”正在离开中国这样的虚数来唬人。中国都无法甄别的事情,华盛顿就清楚了?随着中国劳动力成本的上升,一直有公司离开中国,但因为中国的总体营商环境改善和市场越来越大,也有越来越多的外资流入中国。
中国商务部的最新数据显示,今年上半年中国新出现2万家外资企业,实际使用外资同比增幅达到7.2%,6月份的增幅更是达到8.5%,而且外资在中国的扩张是在全球跨境投资3年内从1.9万亿美元降到1.3万亿美元的大环境下实现的。这些硬数据比华盛顿虚张声势的说法要可信得多。
中国除了对美贸易在下降,与其他几个大经济体的贸易额都在上升。美国从中国进口的下降并未能够刺激其国内制造业的真正重振,而是从中国的进口转为了从其他国家的进口。贸易战没有给美国带来任何积极的东西,华盛顿所有对胜利的宣扬都是在自欺欺人。这样的大泡沫早晚是要破掉的,相信华盛顿对此比谁都更揪心。

点击进入专题:
每日军情TOP5

Trade wars kill American internal injuries! 12,000 stores feared the collapse of the chain
[EBC Dongsen News]
EBC Dongsen News

13.1k person tracking

Dongsen News
July 16, 2019, 5:06 PM

View photos

The Sino-US trade war held bilateral talks in Osaka, Japan. In addition to agreeing to restart trade negotiations between the two sides, the US no longer imposes new tariffs on Chinese exports. The two sides have temporarily suspended their troops after more than a year of exchange, but the negative effects on the United States have gradually emerged. . According to market research firm Coresight Research, the number of US retailers closing the door has reached 7,062 this year, and may exceed 12,000 by the end of 2019, the highest in history.

▼ At the end of last month, after the G20 Sichuan-Study meeting, the United States and China agreed to restart economic and trade consultations and suspended a new round of tariffs.
View photos

According to the US media "CNBC" report, the US media "CNBC" reported that last year's statistics mentioned that there were 5,524 stores closed in the United States, which was also more than 30% lower than the 2017 record of 8139.

At present, many large-scale well-known companies have announced the reduction of physical store size, including clothing store Topshop, GAP, Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, and pharmacy CVS and chain department store JC Penney, all of which have decided to reduce the entity this year. The size of the store, in order to cut costs.

US President Trump previously raised the value of the 200 billion US dollars in mainland goods from 10% to 25%, and some analysts pointed out that Trump’s trade war has increased the burden on American companies, if the company’s increased costs are passed on to consumers. The performance will decline, so it is in a dilemma.

Although there are stores in the United States, there are still retailers who are offering new stores. Year-to-date, the United States announced that there are 3,017 new stores. On July 11, Canadian yoga brand Lululemon opened its largest store in Chicago. On October 25 this year, New Jersey will open a shopping mall called American Dream. Covering an area of 3 million square feet, it is necessary to rescue the economy.

Https://mil.news.sina.com.cn/dgby/2019-07-16/doc-ihytcerm3909111.shtml

Global Times: China can afford to live, can the US see it?

July 16, 2019 08:08 Global Times

Original title: Social comment: China can afford to live, can the US see it?

China’s economic growth in the second quarter and the first half of the year continued to decline, and the White House immediately responded by tweeting that US tariffs have had a major impact on those companies that want to leave China in order to avoid switching taxes, and declared that “thousands” The company is leaving (China). The US side further concluded: "So China wants to reach an agreement with the United States, and (China) hopes that it did not violate the original agreement at the beginning."

This tweet also re-emphasizes that the tariffs imposed by the US are paid by the Chinese rather than by the US taxpayers. As everyone knows, this view is theoretically untenable, and independent agencies in the United States and internationally have repeatedly argued that most of the tariffs are indeed paid for by US companies and consumers.

The US has so far exaggerated comments on China's GDP growth rate continues to slow down. The first signal is that Washington is very anxious about the long delay in the trade war. They are paying close attention to every movement in China, hoping to find signs that "China is almost unable to stand up." They hope that such signs can be expected to "look through the autumn water."

This eager mood and the need for electoral politics have prompted the US to constantly exaggerate its vocabulary, and even fabricate the logical relationship between facts and things, and to engage in the set of public opinion wars.

The whole world is well aware that China's economic growth has slowed down and downward pressure has increased, and it has appeared before the Sino-US trade war. Its main reason is that China has carried out an unprecedented large-scale economic restructuring, and the trade war is superimposed on this adjustment. Coupled with the fact that the trade war has been more than a year, China’s economic growth rate is still more than 6% of the world’s major economies, and the decline is completely within a reasonable range. This shows that the Chinese economy is not only able to withstand trade wars, but also very expensive. Can afford.

It is entirely out of the need of psychological warfare. The United States has promoted the economic slowdown caused by China’s adjustment to the result of the US’s tariff increase. In addition to scaring China, Washington also wants to strengthen its conviction of trade with China and dilute the United States. Domestic dissatisfaction.

What is strange to us is that this set of Washington politics can actually be played in the United States. The quarterly growth rate of the Chinese economy has dropped to 6.2%, but it is almost twice the growth rate of the United States, and the actual economic growth is also more than that of the United States. American public opinion uses their point of growth to ridicule China's 6.2%. Is this burst of self-confidence a bit strange?

Despite the pressure of trade wars, China’s structural adjustment plan for the economy has not changed, the reform and opening up has accelerated, and the shortcomings exposed by the trade war are all in the process of filling the gap. China is moving forward in an orderly manner. On the other hand, the United States is eating more and more fragrantly on tariffs, and it has come out that the peasants cannot sell products that are heavily subsidized by the state. The trade war is pushing China to be healthier, and the United States is getting more and more weird. This is the real panorama.

Don't take the imaginary number of "thousands of companies" that are leaving China to swear. China can't figure out anything else, Washington is clear? As China's labor costs have risen, companies have left China, but as China's overall business environment improves and the market grows larger, more and more foreign capital flows into China.

According to the latest data from the Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China, in the first half of this year, there were 20,000 new foreign-invested enterprises in China, and the actual use of foreign investment increased by 7.2% year-on-year. In June, the growth rate reached 8.5%, and the expansion of foreign investment in China was across the globe. The investment was realized in the environment of 1.9 trillion US dollars to 1.3 trillion US dollars in 3 years. These hard data are much more believable than the bluff of Washington.

In addition to the decline in trade with the United States, China’s trade with several other large economies is on the rise. The decline in US imports from China has not been able to stimulate a real revitalization of its domestic manufacturing industry, but from Chinese imports to imports from other countries. The trade war did not bring anything positive to the United States, and all the propaganda of victory in Washington was self-deception. Such a big bubble is going to be broken sooner or later, and I believe that Washington is more worried than anyone else.

Click to enter the topic:
Daily military TOP5

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gobbledygook should be investigated for eavesdropping on home conversations with their home products. it's not a "flaw". it's intentional.
https://money.cnn.com/2017/10/11/technology/google-home-mini-security-flaw/index.html

A major flaw has been detected in the newly-unveiled Google Home Mini speaker that allows it to secretly record conversations without users knowing.
Last week, Google showed off its next-generation smart speakers at an event in San Francisco. Following the event, it sent members of the press home with a review unit of the Google Home Mini, expected to launch on October 19.

Android Police tech blogger and founder Artem Russakovskii was the first to discover a bug in the software used by those devices. After using the gadget, he went to his Google (GOOG)activity account page and noticed it was populated with audio clips recorded in his home.

The Google Home Mini saved recordings at times when the wake word "OK Google" wasn't used. (A wake word typically triggers smart devices like Google Home and the Amazon Echo to start listening to your verbal commands).

It's not uncommon for companies like Google and Amazon (AMZN) to keep the audio smart speakers hear -- but in this case, the device wasn't activated by the wake word.

"My Google Home Mini was inadvertently spying on me 24/7 due to a hardware flaw," he wrote on the site.

A Google spokesperson confirmed the issue to CNN Tech and said it stems from the touchpad, known as the activation button, on the devices given to early reviewers.

Unable to fix the glitch with the touchpad, Google has sent out a software update which will now permanently disable it. This means users will only be able to activate the device with voice commands. The volume and on/off buttons on the side of the device will continue to work.