• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess the race!!!! Chinatown People’s Park Complex moneychanger cheated old woman

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
ejGjGNe.png

Earlier this week, on the the 18th of June, my mom headed to a money changer in People’s Park Complex (Chinatown), and was cheated of $500 at Haji Rahmathuliah (#01-K95B). A police report was made and an investigation is currently ongoing.

She entered this ?!#%^ money changer and was welcomed by a man who was apparently extremely “nice, friendly and helpful”. He brought her to the side where there was a corner counter and asked her what was the rate she was seeking. My mom then showed him my message that stated “If you change SGD$1450 you get IDR 14871200”. He ended up giving a lower rate but my mom decided to go ahead and change with him because he seemed really nice. Little did she know, she was walking right into his trap .

My mom had $600 on hand (6 x $100 notes) and went to withdraw $850 (17 x $50 notes) from the nearest ATM. She then counted all her money before handing them over to the guy.

What went down...

- Mom gave the $1450 she had on hand to the guy at the corner counter, where you can't see when he counts the money (as she recalled).

- Someone then came beside my mom and changed money with the same guy, which distracted her attention. (So weird though... like why would you attend to another customer when you’re presently already attending to one ???)

- Guy then diverts his attention back to my mom and tells her that she did not give him enough money.

- Mom said this can’t be because she was very sure that she handed him $1450.

- Guy refuted and insisted that she did not give him enough.

More at https://tinyurI.com/yccxgv79

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
ejGjGNe.png

Earlier this week, on the the 18th of June, my mom headed to a money changer in People’s Park Complex (Chinatown), and was cheated of $500 at Haji Rahmathuliah (#01-K95B). A police report was made and an investigation is currently ongoing.

She entered this ?!#%^ money changer and was welcomed by a man who was apparently extremely “nice, friendly and helpful”. He brought her to the side where there was a corner counter and asked her what was the rate she was seeking. My mom then showed him my message that stated “If you change SGD$1450 you get IDR 14871200”. He ended up giving a lower rate but my mom decided to go ahead and change with him because he seemed really nice. Little did she know, she was walking right into his trap .

My mom had $600 on hand (6 x $100 notes) and went to withdraw $850 (17 x $50 notes) from the nearest ATM. She then counted all her money before handing them over to the guy.

What went down...

- Mom gave the $1450 she had on hand to the guy at the corner counter, where you can't see when he counts the money (as she recalled).

- Someone then came beside my mom and changed money with the same guy, which distracted her attention. (So weird though... like why would you attend to another customer when you’re presently already attending to one ???)

- Guy then diverts his attention back to my mom and tells her that she did not give him enough money.

- Mom said this can’t be because she was very sure that she handed him $1450.

- Guy refuted and insisted that she did not give him enough.

More at https://tinyurI.com/yccxgv79
Fucking shitskin snake. I am sure he has a cctv. Should have made a police report immediately before this fucker can erase the evidence.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are there no Chinese Money Changer at China Town?

Most of the money changers at People's Park Complex are Indian Muslim, normally they quite trustworthy, but , but...one has to be extremely careful. Years ago, one of my colleague was cheated of a few HUNDRED DOLLARS changing into RM...at Raffles Place. There are 'snakes' everywhere, if not sure...bring along someone to change money, especially the elderly ,simpleton, & careless, especially some woman.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the money changers at People's Park Complex are Indian Muslim, normally they quite trustworthy, but , but...one has to be extremely careful. Years ago, one of my colleague was cheated of a few HUNDRED DOLLARS changing into RM...at Raffles Place. There are 'snakes' everywhere, if not sure...bring along someone to change money, especially the elderly ,simpleton, & careless, especially some woman.
was the last one dressed like kt lata's ex-colleague ie like a slut? :sneaky:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN this sort of things can happen any shop without cctv no proof KNN even go coffee shop buy food some time give $10 they say where got only $4 and the cheater is fast to mix the $10 with her pool of $10 KNN

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my uncle say KNN this sort of things can happen any shop without cctv no proof KNN even go coffee shop buy food some time give $10 they say where got only $4 and the cheater is fast to mix the $10 with her pool of $10 KNN

A counter clerk at the Post Office in JB did that to me, eons ago...one when dealing with a certain type of people, you have to be extremely cautious. I wrote down the Ten Ringgit Note serial number before I gave the Tudung wearing minah, when I was purchasing postage stamps....she told me I gave her only RM2.00, my eyes was fast to catch the sleight of hand who slipped that RM10 into her pile of RM10....I told her I have noted the RM 10 serial number...you show me your pile of RM10 I will identify the RM10 I gave you...

The moral of the story is...know who you are dealing with & be cautious...prepare, as long as money is involved...

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
A counter clerk at the Post Office in JB did that to me, eons ago...one when dealing with a certain type of people, you have to be extremely cautious. I wrote down the Ten Ringgit Note serial number before I gave the Tudung wearing minah, when I was purchasing postage stamps....she told me I gave her only RM2.00, my eyes was fast to catch the sleight of hand who slipped that RM10 into her pile of RM10....I told her I have noted the RM 10 serial number...you show me your pile of RM10 I will identify the RM10 I gave you...

The moral of the story is...know who you are dealing with & be cautious...prepare, as long as money is involved...
KNN did you really note down or you hung her KNN good strategy though tough KNN

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In china, shopkeepers shortchange you by giving jiao or fen notes. Foreigners mostly duped. Worst kind of thieving.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN did you really note down or you hung her KNN good strategy though tough KNN

I was already pre-warned that these type of people at the counter are 'good at sleight of hands'...to test this prejudice, I really wrote down the RM10 Serial number & right on!..it happened. Another incident was at the old woodlands Malaysian side CIQ...where the q was fantastically long & counters were few & we have to fill in the white immigration card & hand it together with the passport to the Immigration officer. I keep a very keen eye on the white card always when I hand over...one incident, the IO, told me I didn't fill up the white card...I told him, you drop it into the pile at the right...he said, "Oh, maaf!"...hmmm! The point is, one have to be very careful...

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was already pre-warned that these type of people at the counter are 'good at sleight of hands'...to test this prejudice, I really wrote down the RM10 Serial number & right on!..it happened. Another incident was at the old woodlands Malaysian side CIQ...where the q was fantastically long & counters were few & we have to fill in the white immigration card & hand it together with the passport to the Immigration officer. I keep a very keen eye on the white card always when I hand over...one incident, the IO, told me I didn't fill up the white card...I told him, you drop it into the pile at the right...he said, "Oh, maaf!"...hmmm! The point is, one have to be very careful...
KNN correct one have to be very careful. my uncle caught 1 prawn mee auntie who short changed patrons and even caught by some she still continue to try her luck until her husband the chef has to apologise to patrons on her behalf KNN

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is nothing but a filthy lie. I've used the chettiar services of these good kelings several times in the past, and they've given me a good exchange rate.

I hope the good chettiars would be suing that bitch for defamation soon.