• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

group of 30 want join Chiam Party ont the spot but SPP REJECTED

Lee_cunt_yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1071470/1/.html

Home ›

Singapore News

Opposition SPP elects 14 members to CEC
By S Ramesh | Posted: 25 July 2010 2213 hrs

Photos 1 of 2

Desmond Lim

SINGAPORE : The opposition Singapore People's Party (SPP) held its Ordinary Party Conference on Sunday, and elected 14 members to its decision making Central Executive Committee (CEC).

Veteran politician Chiam See Tong remains in the committee.

The new faces include his wife Lina Chiam and member Desmond Lim, who's reported to have differences in the party over the possible inclusion of the Reform Party into the Singapore Democratic Alliance.

Mr Chiam is the chairman of the Alliance while Mr Lim is its secretary-general.

The CEC will meet in three weeks to decide on the positions.

Current Chairman Sin Kek Tong said he hopes to make the party stronger for the next general election.

But Sunday's event wasn't without its drama.

A group of about 30 people tried to become members on the spot to take part in the party conference.

But they were asked to leave after cadre members voted against the move. - CNA /ls

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW....30 people joining one OPPOSITION?

That is at least 6 GRCs being contested.

WOW...maybe got chance whole of Singapore will be contested this time around.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The 30 are desmond lim's supporters. He obviously learnt it from Josie Lau.

I can sympathise with desmond though. If KJ allies with SPP, he will be given the pink slip. Wonder why he is so against the alliance? :eek:

Let me guess. The 30 opposition wannabes must include:

Uncle Yap
Bob Sim
Kew Ka Fatt

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Lim looks like some lao ti ko pervert

phpkGvoSc.jpg

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPP is still the weakest opp party despite being around for years. When Chiam calls it a day, SPP and SDA will eventually fade away. Sad to say SPP has not progress throughout these years, while the other opp parties has progressed and grown. NSP made the right move to leave the alliance, which is going nowhere under the present leadership. :(

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a party is stagnant and the leader refuse to make way for new blood, the party is bound to doom. This will be the case with Chiam and to make matters worse Chiam got his wife now as if to pass on the leadership to his wife when Chiam kick the bucket.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPP is still the weakest opp party despite being around for years. When Chiam calls it a day, SPP and SDA will eventually fade away. Sad to say SPP has not progress throughout these years, while the other opp parties has progressed and grown. NSP made the right move to leave the alliance, which is going nowhere under the present leadership. :(

On the contrary I am impressed with SPP's numbers. 30 cadres and DL mobilised 30 more. 4 new faces. With all due respect I'm not sure if NSP have these numbers.

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary I am impressed with SPP's numbers. 30 cadres and DL mobilised 30 more. 4 new faces. With all due respect I'm not sure if NSP have these numbers.

i had attended some SDA rallies in the past, majority of the candidates fielded were mostly NSP people. NSP's departure has no doubt been a blow to the SDA, while NSP has grown on its own, there are still talks of plenty of differences, drama, failed merger with RP, infighting in the SPP or SDA rather. The SDA leadership has failed to take the alliance forward, SPP being the leading component party has not been able to grow, and Chiam's decision to bring in his wife to take over the SPP leadership has upset some key players in the party. Sounds like more bad times for the alliance... :(

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a party is stagnant and the leader refuse to make way for new blood, the party is bound to doom. This will be the case with Chiam and to make matters worse Chiam got his wife now as if to pass on the leadership to his wife when Chiam kick the bucket.

sound familiar , just like Anwar , wife and daughter. Maybe it run in the family blood....like e current garment head.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever P they come in SDP, NPP or SPP, end of the day they still "P" bo yen at the election. What the point, is this little red dot so big you need so many different factions. I don't reckon the opposition here will amount to a force against those pappies dogs as long as they remain disunited.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chiam want a SDA alliance of SPP + RP. That Desmond don't want? Why does Chiam want RP to join. What's in it for him?

anyway Chiam better don't consider Desmond to take over his Potong Pasir, that guy not charismatic, ask him to run, might as well invite Ling How Doong to run.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one is so obvious cheapo trick. the group of 30 were obviously trying to do another AWARE-JOSIE takeover.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
PKMS fight continue in SPP too?

A team and B team membership?

Collect membership but not a member for the other camp?