• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Green Econ Button in New Car

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I continue to cc66 at car showrooms, notice many new car models dashboard has a green econ button on it.

what the purpose of the button?

what will the car do after pressing the button?

I ask salesman, all just say engine will run on green mode? then sat in my boss mercs, the car off aircon upon stopping at traffic light:eek:. is that a mercs feature or all car will do the same after engaging green mode?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I continue to cc66 at car showrooms, notice many new car models dashboard has a green econ button on it.

what the purpose of the button?

what will the car do after pressing the button?

I ask salesman, all just say engine will run on green mode? then sat in my boss mercs, the car off aircon upon stopping at traffic light:eek:. is that a mercs feature or all car will do the same after engaging green mode?

Now cars electronically controlled. Press green button, many things can happen depending on manufacturers. Some cars engine will stop at traffic lights. That is OK in northern hemisphere, but not suitable in south east Asia where its hot and humid.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore does not have an inkling of what green is. Industrialized countries are already gearing up for electric car, hydrogen fuel cell cars, and Peesai still makes a big deal out of F-1, which she proudly boasts as the ONLY night race for the series! Damn it, if the cars are driven at night, they should come with headlamps! Green my foot!

Cheers!