• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Great News - More Useless Sinkies Laid Off - Make Way for Foreign Talents

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over 17,000 job seekers find employment in first half of 2018, 40% increase from same period last year
SINGAPORE - More than 17,000 people found jobs through a government career placement scheme in the first half of 2018, a 40 per cent increase from the same period last year.
About two-thirds of the job seekers had been unemployed, half were professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs), and a third were aged 50 and above.
"Even though there's a certain amount of churn in the labour market, job opportunities are still available... Even those who are not quite so young are able to get back to work," said Manpower Minister Josephine Teo on Saturday (Sept 15), after a career preview fair for a nursing professional conversion programme.
This is one of the schemes under Workforce Singapore's Adapt and Grow initiative launched in 2016 to guide and match Singaporeans to opportunities for good careers.
One reason for the increase in job placements this year, said Mrs Teo, is the presence of more progressive employers, who do not expect "plug-and-play employees who are a 100 per cent job fit".
Instead, they are prepared to take on those who can be trained on the job, she said, adding that the Government helps such firms with training and even salary costs.
On the other side of the equation, said Mrs Teo, job seekers also need to keep an open mind to offers that they may not be as familiar with.
"We know it's not easy to make the transition into new job functions or new industries," she said, but a willingness to consider such options would make returning to the workforce easier.
Her comments come on the back of thelabour market report on the first half of the year released on Thursday.
In the second quarter, layoffs increased to 3,030 from 2,320 in the first, but the second-quarter figure was lower than that of the same period a year ago.
The bulk of layoffs came from the services sector, with PMETs comprising 79 per cent of all retrenched residents.
Mrs Teo said it was not surprising that PMETs would take up a bigger proportion of retrenchments given that the number of PMET jobs has been growing faster than non-PMET ones.
Most of the retrenchments were due to business restructuring and reorganising, and not recessionary measures, she added.
"That tells us jobs are still available... However, it does require that some adjustments are made."

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Additionally, foreign employment (excluding FDW) grew slightly by 400 in H1 2018, compared with the decline in H1 2017 (-21,400). This was due to the moderated decline in the construction sector (-5,400 in H1 2018, compared to -20,400 in H1 2017), and stronger growth in the Services sector (+8,200 in H1 2018, compared to +5,200 in H1 2017).
All data is from the Labour Market Report Second Quarter 2018 by Ministry of Manpower.
Layoffs in Singapore in Q2 2018
Despite the growth in employment, retrenchments in Q2 2018 (3,030) were higher than the previous quarter (2,320); although they remained lower than the same period a year ago (3,640). The top reasons for layoffs? Business restructuring and reorganisation, accounting for close to two-thirds.
Professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs) formed the majority (79%) of all retrenched residents, and were over-represented relative to their overall workforce composition.
Sectorally, the bulk of the retrenchments (57%) came from services, mainly in wholesale trade, professional services and financial services.
retrenchment-data-e1536893256449.jpg

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for Gilbert Goh to peddle more sob stories:

Female PMET aged 40s finding it difficult to land a job
Post Published: 24 August 2018
Author: admin (online)
Found in section: Highlights, Latest Articles

Hi Gilbert,
I chanced upon your website and would like to find out more about your services.
I am a PMET in my 40s, who has been looking for a job for quite some time but have not been successful. I sent out many job applications, and most of the time, I did not get a response. The few job interviews I went for, I was not selected for the job.
I have read a couple articles on your website and found them helpful – appreciate the sharing provided by others through your site.
I hope that you will get back to me soon.
Thank you so much and have a good day
Yours sincerely,
Carmela Chen

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Gilbert,
I chanced upon your website and would like to find out more about your services.
I am a PMET in my 40s, who has been looking for a job for quite some time but have not been successful. I sent out many job applications, and most of the time, I did not get a response. The few job interviews I went for, I was not selected for the job.
I have read a couple articles on your website and found them helpful – appreciate the sharing provided by others through your site.
Yours sincerely,
Carmela Chen
Who did she vote for?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hi Gilbert,
Yours sincerely,
Carmela Chen

Even though she is in her 40s, but if Carmela lost some weight and put on some nice clothes and make up, I would consider her for a job opening as a PMET in my company. Does she mind working late and can she hold her liquor well?

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Gilbert,
Yours sincerely,
Carmela Chen
Another well written piece, Gilbert. Hope you can write more and solicit more money from sinkies. Huat ah!
IMG-20170715-WA0011.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women over 40 ask ginfreely to teach them blowjobs. With her guidance, the number of cocks they sucked in a year will be more than the french fries they eat in a lifetime.
Telling blatant lie with no shame is typical ccb Malaysian son of whore way of winning. Besides insulting people poor. So cheap!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another blatant lie from you ccb Malaysian pretending to be sinkie. I was not laid off. I walked out of my job in style after blasting at LJ McCully.
Looks like walking out of my job due to sexual harassment doesn’t stop the ill effects of it. Where is justice?