• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Great news for real estate agents, COVs fall to zero, fuck you!

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/business/cov-hdb-flats-falls-zero-resale-volume-slumps?singlepage=true

SINGAPORE — The median cash-over-valuation (COV) for Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats fell to zero last month for the first time in at least eight years, a further sign that the Government’s cooling measures have been effective in taking the heat out of the public housing resale market.

The fall, from the S$3,000 COV in January, came as resale volume declined to an estimated 734 units last month from 918 units previously, the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX) said in its flash report yesterday.

It was the first time that the median COV hit nil since it started compiling this data in 2006, the SRX said.

Analysts whom TODAY spoke to said the cooling measures — such as the reduction of the mortgage servicing ratio to 30 per cent, the reduction of the maximum term loan on HDB loans to 25 years and the three-year wait imposed on permanent residents, as well as allowing singles to buy directly from the HDB — continued to weigh on the resale market.

However they said the curbs are expected to remain in place. The slower activity last month could also be attributed to the Chinese New Year holidays, they said, adding that it was probably too early for the Government to start rolling back some of the property curbs.

Mr Ku Swee Yong, Chief Executive of real estate agency Century 21, said: “I don’t think the Government will step in, unless there are so many below-valuation cases that the valuations drop drastically.

“In the last two quarters, the HDB index dropped and they considered the market stable, so if the decline continues in the next two quarters at about the same pace, they will not panic.

“If the resale price index drops 10 per cent a quarter, then that is alarming,” Mr Ku added.

The HDB’s official Resale Price Index had fallen by 0.9 and 1.5 per cent in the last two quarters of last year, but the declines pale in comparison with the 102.9 per cent surge in the resale price index from the first quarter in 2006 to its peak in the second quarter of 2013.

Zero COV is also a sign that the market is stabilising, analysts said.

Mr Nicholas Mak, Executive Director for Research and Consultancy at property firm SLP International, said: “Zero COV does not mean a disaster. It means that the transaction price is in line with valuation and is a sign of more stability in the market. So I think the Government will probably let the market be and see how things turn out in the next few months.”

The SRX said 12 out of the 26 HDB towns saw resale deals done below or at parity with valuation last month, an increase from eight estates in January. Analysts noted that the estates with the most negative-COV transactions were those located far from the central region, including Sengkang, Woodlands and Jurong West. On the other hand, better-located towns such as Bishan and Clementi still fetched good COVs, they said.

Despite the latest fall, potential buyers are not expected to return to the market in droves, with many adopting a wait-and-see approach.

The rule requiring newly-minted PRs to wait three years before they are allowed to buy an HDB flat has also choked off a large chunk of demand.

“Many prospective buyers are still waiting for prices to go down further, so it will still be a situation where we have more sellers than buyers,” Mr Ku said.

Mr Alan Cheong, Senior Director for Research and Consultancy at real estate consultancy Savills, said that in this environment, it may be the right time for the Government to start scaling back the cooling measures before the market crashes.

“It’s not healthy at this pace; if COV continues to drop by S$3,000 a month, within 10 months it will be S$30,000 below valuation,” he said.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alan Cheong is an idiot. Prices have doubled in the past seven years and after a 1.5% drop he says better relax or market will crash

Better go sell Chee Cheong Fun lah, what senior director

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Eugene fellow is another idiot. When COVs are rising, they are published; when dropping, asking to hide the information? Fuck you!

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/pre...-making-public-covs-hdb-resale-flats-20140307

Property players split on making public COVs for HDB resale flats

[SINGAPORE] The issue of having cash over valuation (COV) in HDB resale transactions - once a political hot potato - is boggling the minds of property analysts and agencies again as latest flash estimates show that COVs have fallen to zero and may dip further into negative territory.

ERA Realty key executive officer Eugene Lim echoed calls from the past to scrap the publishing of COV figures on concerns that negative COVs will cause a downward spiral of HDB resale prices.

"How much cash under valuation, or CUV, is your seller looking at?" That's what buyers are asking the property agents now, Mr Lim said.

COV is the cash premium that buyers pay in excess of the valuation of an HDB flat. The overall median COV for HDB resale flats slumped from $32,000 a year ago to hit zero last month.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERA Key Executive, what the fuck is that? Taking and handing over keys?

ERA had some dirty agents, including one Mike Parikh. Better be careful when dealing with ERA, or any of the other agencies for that matter.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys should all be happy now, all the hopes of living on enhanced assets for the elderly all wiped out.

BamBi

Alfrescian
Loyal
a few of my agent friends now moonlight as taxi drivers. the next few years will be buyers market.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
technically there is no such thing as negative cov,,,,, if it is negative cov, it should mean the seller pay buyer for the difference in selling n valuation price,,,,,,

these idiots meant below valuation,,,,

and also, the valuation will be adjusted to lower value,,,,, not cov whatever shit that is

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I know many property agents were former SAF regulars. Many of them learn nothing in the armed forces that teaches them about surviving in the commercial sectors and when forced to leave most either opt to sell insurance or become property agents.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree with you chaps. Many real estate agents, (only a handful are good ones) dont value add to clients. Theyre just fark all paper boy who earn tons of commission just by showing up with their face.
Do they know fengshui? Fark all
Do they know how to get you the best deal? Fark all as well.
Now the tide has turn. Wish all wannabe real estate agents the luck. You'll be driving taxis soon.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I met a property agent this morning and he said in the past he was managing about 100 properties. Now he has less than 50 and added that the government is not renewing EP and S passes and if PR's do not stay in Singapore for a long time, their PR status will be removed.

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love property agents, some will let you have their love nest just hoping to close the deal.

ERA Key Executive, what the fuck is that? Taking and handing over keys?

ERA had some dirty agents, including one Mike Parikh. Better be careful when dealing with ERA, or any of the other agencies for that matter.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are a sad state. Not cohesive to weather through the govt cooling measures. Some assholes property agents lead by CDL chairman ask for cooling measures to be removed? For your greed in the short term, you don't care about housing affordability for your children in the long term? Fuck you indeed!

Last edited:

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I don't see why there should be hatred against housing agents, especially those selling HDB units. They are doing a service to ignorant flat owners. Before you all flame me let me explain. There is no need to use an agent if you are selling your flat. The HDB Sales Purchase forms are easy to understand. All you need is go to Toa Payoh HDB Hub, get the forms, run through them and follow instructions. It is simple DIY. I sold my sister's flat and a friend's flat without going through an agent and thereby saved a bundle. (The other parties engaged them and their agents were hostile to me throughout the deal). However, I note that even educated people engage agents because they want the easy way out and do not want to use their grey matter. Those who chose this path must have to pay for the services of an agent. Some are honest but some are looking for ways to rip off his/her clients.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of the articles regarding the property market and property price trends you see in the mainstream media are nothing more than informal advertisements or press releases for the various property agencies.

That is what inevitably happens when you blur the line between government and business.