• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Graduate starting salaries in 2009

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/photos/447860/Graduate_starting_salaries_in_2009.html

Graduate starting salaries in 2009

data.jpg

Accountancy - $2,400 (three years, NUS/NTU)
Four-year programme at SMU - $2,500

data.jpg

Applied Science - $2,500
with Honours - $2,600

data.jpg

Arts - $2,500
with Honours - $2,700 - $2,900

data.jpg

Business Administration - $2,600
with Honours - $2,900

data.jpg

Communication Studies - $2,600 (4 year, with Honours)

data.jpg

Computing - $2,800
with Honours - $2,900

data.jpg

Dental Surgery - $3,000

data.jpg

Education (Science / Arts) - $3,000

data.jpg

Engineering (Aerospace, Chemical & Biomolecular, Industrial & Systems) - $3,000

data.jpg

Engineering (Bioengineering, Mechanical, Materials, Computer, Electrical and Electronics) - $2,800 to $2,900

data.jpg

Engineering (Civil, Environmental) - $2,600 to $2,700

data.jpg

Fine Arts (Art, Design and Media) - $2,300

data.jpg

Science - $2,500 (w/o Honours)

data.jpg

Science (Maritime Studies, Real Estate, Nursing) - $2,600

data.jpg

Science (Biological, Mathematics, Chemistry & Biological Chemistry, Information Systems Management) - $2,750 to $2,950

data.jpg

Science (Economics) - $3,000

molly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised that accountancy get so low pay $2400. That's a big difference compared to those on the high end $3000. And people say accountacy is a high stress job :(

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really pathetic. the same nus and ntu fresh grad who is in training stints here with us companies in the sf bay area is making usd3400 on the average. as interns, not even full time employee yet, one can make usd3200 or better on average.

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those figures are for local unis. What about foreign uni? Those from Australia, how much is the starting pay? I imagine it will be low for uni like Deakin, QUT etc

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those figures are for local unis. What about foreign uni? Those from Australia, how much is the starting pay? I imagine it will be low for uni like Deakin, QUT etc

Compare to China, India, Burma, Philippines and Malaysia, the salary is much higher.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Compare to China, India, Burma, Philippines and Malaysia, the salary is much higher.

of course. otherwise, these 3rd world losers wouldn't be swarming to singapore for jobs. singapore has to pay higher to attract these vermins. after they work in sg for a year or two and realize to their horror they can make more in the u.s., they will jump on the next plane to san francisco. you can meet many of these stone steppers in the annual free dinner buffet funded by the sg consular general at sofitel in san mateo. they have no shame, swarm like ants and eat like pigs. i don't respond to those invitations anymore, after seeing sinkie women and former sg ft trashies hoarding food and hogging the buffet line.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
for local grads, those numbers are ridiculous

as long as they think they deserve so much they will remain unemployed and depend on their aged parents

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal

QUT, Deakin or CQU degrees shouldn't pay too well, if not the same as local.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
please take this numbers with a pinch of salt

the universities are very commercially driven

you can see they run a lot of ads in our newspapers

so they try to talk up the salary to boost their own value

the papers will report because they want to get the ad money

must discount 30% for true value

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised that accountancy get so low pay $2400. That's a big difference compared to those on the high end $3000. And people say accountacy is a high stress job :(

Don't be mislead by titles. There are half-past-6 company and half-past-6 title exist. A accountant or engineer, depend on what company they worked for, can range from 2k to >10k, given the same no. of yrs of working experience.

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be mislead by titles. There are half-past-6 company and half-past-6 title exist. A accountant or engineer, depend on what company they worked for, can range from 2k to >10k, given the same no. of yrs of working experience.

What rot u talking, simi years of working experience? These are figures for FRESH GRAD pay. It is accurate that accountancy grads earn the least among all grads, as most of them are recruited as auditors by the big 3 audit firms, and the starting pay for auditors IS indeed $2.4k. In fact this figure is already an increase from last few years when it's only $2.2k. I know this FOR A FACT cos i know at least 10 losers who became auditors after NTU accountancy or SMU and that is the pay they draw.

Please go and ask any loser accountancy grad you know what auditor's pay is.

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
really pathetic. the same nus and ntu fresh grad who is in training stints here with us companies in the sf bay area is making usd3400 on the average. as interns, not even full time employee yet, one can make usd3200 or better on average.

NUS, NTU and SMU degrees are not recognised in the states.

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal

These are OVERSEAS universities. Not foreign.

Please brush up your English and understand the distinction between overseas and foreign.

The only other losers I know who don't know the distinction cos they are god damn stupid are Farmers (local grads).

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
What rot u talking, simi years of working experience? These are figures for FRESH GRAD pay. It is accurate that accountancy grads earn the least among all grads, as most of them are recruited as auditors by the big 3 audit firms, and the starting pay for auditors IS indeed $2.4k. In fact this figure is already an increase from last few years when it's only $2.2k. I know this FOR A FACT cos i know at least 10 losers who became auditors after NTU accountancy or SMU and that is the pay they draw.

Please go and ask any loser accountancy grad you know what auditor's pay is.

May I know why ..you called accountancy grads and auditors' losers :confused: