• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GR Sport Toyota Land Cruiser

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not "insisting" that they work all I'm doing is showing all the evidence that they don't. If evidence surfaces that they are more effective than vaccines as claimed by the CDC then it would be fantastic news as the risk associated with masks is definitely lower than the risks posed by vaccines.

so now you are going back on your own words? How come? cause the facts have backed you into a corner?

there you have it folks he is backtracking

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I was a joke you wouldn't get your panties all tied up in knots whenever I show data indicating that masks don't work.

Have you ever heard of the internet? anyone can do what you do but it takes a rare talent to come up with such stupid opinions

and that is all they are, refuted et al

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
so most people in 100+ countries dunno what they r doing how can it be rite?
i have a better one. go to any hospital peek inside the OR and see if they have been wear masks since forever

then add in humanity then you get exactly how dumb his masks dont work idiocy is

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
bollocks. in u.s. still have to wear masks at hospitals, airports, in airplanes, trains, buses, subways even after vaccination in blue states. cal “fully” opens up tomorrow but mask mandates are still enforced for above exceptions. fuck you and fuck off for spreading false info.

first of all I dont take public transport dipshit

1 month ago costco walmart target big box stores all in 1 day said no more masks for fully vaccinated then kroger followed next day then everyone else with new signs on the door that says we now follow CDC guidelines and the checkout girl told me that means they assume everyone not wearing a mask has been vaccinated even though not everyone is but whatever who cares the system sucks as bad as you do

even 2 weeks ago costco put the table and chairs back in the food court since then I have not worn a mask

Today I went for breakfast at a diner not 1 mask then I went to lowes to change out a faucet a few were oldies were wearing them not the staff then I went to bank of america which pisses me off cause the fucking assholes have closed half the branches and the tellers were wearing them but not us customers and there was a line cause of shitty ass cost cutting the drive through windows are all gone so fuck you and bank of america

then i went to costco to fill up and goddam lines are so long cause every shit for brains like you wants to save a few cents but I gotta go because my tundra guzzles gas then my prescription was not ready cause it was on backorder but they did not tell me

So fuck you and go buyself a walker i hear they have specials for you through AARP and tell your old ass buddies those hearing aid ads are pissing me off

So dont piss me off of all days today or else I'll get some white MAGA

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha you got caught out by @eatshitndie Liar, liar pants on fire. :roflmao:

You forget that the forum does have some members who are not from India and are actually unfortunate enough to live in a blue state. :FU:

if that moron wants to live in a gay ass state with butt fucking homos having gay parades he can have it

who wants to live in cali high costs traffic people pissing you off everywhere and morons like you

no thanks and no dont come here my state is full

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first of all I dont take public transport dipshit

1 month ago costco walmart target big box stores all in 1 day said no more masks for fully vaccinated then kroger followed next day then everyone else with new signs on the door that says we now follow CDC guidelines and the checkout girl told me that means they assume everyone not wearing a mask has been vaccinated even though not everyone is but whatever who cares the system sucks as bad as you do

even 2 weeks ago costco put the table and chairs back in the food court since then I have not worn a mask

Today I went for breakfast at a diner not 1 mask then I went to lowes to change out a faucet a few were oldies were wearing them not the staff then I went to bank of america which pisses me off cause the fucking assholes have closed half the branches and the tellers were wearing them but not us customers and there was a line cause of shitty ass cost cutting the drive through windows are all gone so fuck you and bank of america

then i went to costco to fill up and goddam lines are so long cause every shit for brains like you wants to save a few cents but I gotta go because my tundra guzzles gas then my prescription was not ready cause it was on backorder but they did not tell me

So fuck you and go buyself a walker i hear they have specials for you through AARP and tell your old ass buddies those hearing aid ads are pissing me off

So dont piss me off of all days today or else I'll get some white MAGA
don’t need to explain yourself moron. there are still retail stores that require you to wear a mask even if you’re vaccinated as they don’t know who is and who’s not. the honor system doesn’t work well in u.s. with frauds and fakes like you, thus not all stores allow you to walk in without a mask on. all you cite are some stores, not all. in fact i was in costco yesterday and they still require ALL members walking in to wear masks. what shit are you sprouting? fake and fraud. kena caught. fuck off!

this caveat at the mask sign is still up at some costco stores not all.

“The wholesale club said it updated its policy Friday, CEO Craig Jelinek wrote in a letter to members.

Customers who live in areas that have state or local mask requirements may still have to wear masks – regardless of vaccination status”

Last edited:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
don’t need to explain yourself moron. there are still retail stores that require you to wear a mask even if you’re vaccinated as they don’t know who is and who’s not. the honor system doesn’t work well in u.s. with frauds and fakes like you, thus not all stores allow you to walk in without a mask on. all you cite are some stores, not all. in fact i was in costco yesterday and they still require ALL members walking in to wear masks. what shit are you sprouting? fake and fraud. kena caught. fuck off!

this caveat at the mask sign is still up at some costco stores not all.

“The wholesale club said it updated its policy Friday, CEO Craig Jelinek wrote in a letter to members.

Customers who live in areas that have state or local mask requirements may still have to wear masks – regardless of vaccination status”

you fucking moron in my state there are no mandates. get it dipshit? our mayor tried and the governor told her to fuck off

and if your goddam costco or walmart makes you wear them that is on you for living in such a fucked up place

so glad i never lived in cali fuck you and your stupid tree hugging gay ass licking homeless hobo feeding shelter of a joke of a state

and dont come here we are full

and tell your indian buddies to stop coming here too

you fuckers smell

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
you see what i mean?

anyone who thinks that he is smarter than 5 billion people just goes to show just how stupid he is

At this point its pure fun for me, presenting the facts and watching the pathetic responses

he is just taking the piss I am sure but i did tell him his waka waka is getting old

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Can't US Get The Toyota Land Cruiser 70? | MotorBiscuit
Why Can’t US Get The Toyota Land Cruiser 70?
by Thom Taylor on October 24, 2019
For funky-cool old-school looks and a different off-road vibe we wish the Toyota Land Cruiser 70 pickup truck and variants was sold in the US. A stripped down throwback, the Land Cruiser 70 does well in Australia and other pickup-friendly locals. Why not the US, too?

The Roots Of The FJ40
In the early 1980s after Toyota stopped producing the FJ40, it created two different replacements, the FJ60 and FJ70. We got the FJ60, but not the more utilitarian FJ70. After all of these years Toyota still finds it has plenty of customers for the FJ70.

2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Pickup | Toyota
Spartan as it is the 70 has all of the comforts of other new pickups like standard air conditioning, Bluetooth, anti-lock brakes, stability and traction control. It’s also got side impact guards, a collapsible steering column, and twin airbags, which leads us to think it would meet US safety specs? If that is true we’re surprised Toyota doesn’t send a few boatloads of these stateside to see how they fare.

The pickup version comes in either a single-cab or double-cab body. If you’re liking the general idea of a new stripper workhorse but would prefer an SUV, the Land Cruiser 70 also comes as a wagon called Work Mate, or the GXL troop carrier. Toyota has a lot of variety engineered into the 70.

Land Cruiser 70 Troop Carrier
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Troop Carrier | Toyota
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Troop Carrier | Toyota
The troop carrier is quite the interesting SUV. It’s a two-door, but has a raised roof and “five seats.” We are told that means five rows of seats. That’s a lot of passenger accommodations. The odd thing is that the wagon comes as a four-door, but the troop carrier is only a two-door. Toyota didn’t go the easy way out by just lengthening the wagon, it has created a completely different body for the troop carrier. But only two doors with a liftgate in the rear.

Specifications and accessories carry over all of the models. The specifications also make us think Toyota should send this here. The 4.5-liter turbodiesel supplies a tad over 200 hp with 317 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is 7700 lbs. So it’s got plenty of grunt.

Lots Of 70 Options And Accessories
With four-wheel drive and a five-speed manual transmission, it is all business. It can also be ordered with those aluminum cargo trays for the back, right from Toyota. No need to have them custommade.

Running lights, tow hitches, brush guards, even a sun visor for over the windshield like in the days of yore is all available. Optional canvas seat covers help you to keep it nice for maybe the next owner? If you want them the Land Cruiser 70 has them.

2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Pickup | Toyota-001
With solid front and rear axles maybe Toyota feels this is not suited for city driving? Maybe the US customer has shown something a little more rugged won’t sell. Ride quality is said to be firm with just a bit of tire noise. Fifth gear is overdriven so at least some consideration has been given to highway driving.

Over 1.3 Million Sold Globally
In all global sales are over 1.3 million sold. Over 250,000 have found buyers in Australia alone. It’s stayed in this basic configuration for over three decades while continuing to accept upgrades and technology updates well. It’s also sold in the Middle East, South America, and Africa.

Maybe someday, with a possible revised version Toyota may look to the US to increase sales?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I absolutely love Toyota SUVs. But the land cruiser is a massive beast, mostly impractical for city and urban driving considering what it is capable of. For me, the Fortuner is ideal. It oozes manliness, don't fuck with me, no nonsense approach to cars (and life). Not too big, drives and behaves like a sedan when needed. But also great for forays across the causeway. I do prefer the first-generation model though.

Toyota-Fortuner-First-Generation.jpg

Second generation model
Toyota Fortuner is a big functional family car

Toyota's second Fortuner is a massive SUV which aims to replicate its predecessor's illustrious 11-year inning​

dummy.gif

Most of the improvements in the Fortuner are found in the cabin.
Most of the improvements in the Fortuner are found in the cabin. ST PHOTO: KUA CHEE SIONG
christopher.png

Christopher Tan
Senior Transport Correspondent
  • Published
    May 28, 2016, 5:00 am SGT
Facebook Twitter

Forget about designer lines and driving lines. Sometimes, all people want is a big, functional family vehicle which they can drive everywhere.
The Toyota Fortuner is proof of that. The massive seven-seat SUV was first launched here in 2005. That first-generation car was so successful that Toyota did not see a need to replace it until now, 11 years later. And the new car looks set to do an encore.
Just look at it. There is nothing graceful, elegant or remotely sexy about it. But what it lacks in beauty, it makes up for in sheer size.

The new car is even bigger than the first one. It is longer, wider, taller and heavier. It is as if Toyota - the maker of fuel-sipping hybrids - did not get the global memo on downsizing.
This must be good news for those who prefer old-school SUVs. Other than the Mercedes-Benz G-class, the Fortuner is possibly the only old-school SUV available here.
  • SPECS / TOYOTA FORTUNER
    Price:
    $153,888 with COE
    Engine: 2,694cc 16-valve inline-4
    Transmission: Six-speed automatic with paddle shift
    Power: 163bhp at 5,200rpm
    Torque: 245Nm at 4,000rpm

Top speed: 175kmh
    0-100kmh: 12.5 seconds
    Fuel consumption: 10.7 litres/ 100km
    Agent: Borneo Motors
You have to climb on board. Yes, the side step is not to make the car look more rugged. It is not decorative. Use it or risk splitting your tight pants getting in and out of the lofty cabin.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/toyota-fortuner-is-a-big-functional-family-car

Last edited:
Reactions: jw5

turbulent

Alfrescian
Loyal
My experience with Toyota has been generally positive especially it’s reliability. I cannot say the same for most conti brand again speaking from own experience.

Reactions: jw5

jw5

Loyal
My experience with Toyota has been generally positive especially it’s reliability. I cannot say the same for most conti brand again speaking from own experience.

Absolutely agree and I am with you on this. :thumbsup:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Conti brand is good only under warranty.
Used s class with its air suspension will cost a bomb to repair. Same with other european makes.and its led lights too. No more simple change of bulbs.