• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government Logic: lower cost will hurt Singaporeans

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys voted for her...so be it.

See the source image

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wealth of all Singaporeans is dependent upon a buoyant property market and any moves to lower the price of property will mean a net loss of wealth for everyone.
only for those who already hold properties. For those who don't, it will mean an increasingly unattainable place of permanent residence. Hardly ideal for ALL. Only ideal for those who already own their properties.
Falling prices of any commodity or service is never a positive. High prices reflect strong demand and strong demand is indicative of a thriving economy.
Really? So inflation is good? People prefer paying higher prices for the same goods? Leaving that aside, ok. I'll buy strong demand and thriving economy.
Of course there will be a few low SES losers that are left behind but that is their problem.
Those few SES losers are a good chunk of the native-born population. It is the government's remit to take care of ALL citizens and that includes those low SES losers. If you choose to consign the low SES to the trash bin then yes, you would be correct in saying lower prices would hurt the balance.

But you did say all... I'm just pointing out that some people didn't have the opportunities, maybe the graft or even the intelligence to achieve a good economic position and I don't think they should be consigned to the scrap heap.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your persistence might get you pofma'ed.
what, by our boss? I think he would be the last to do that. Besides his principle of free speech at all costs, I believe that he's terribly bored of the same old, same old. If somebody genuinely has an interesting and different viewpoint, I'm pretty sure he would be curious to hear it even it opposes his.

Of course if you're referring to regular chat sites or the gahmen, then yes I would be pofma'ed, but then so would most of the other stuff on here. which one are you referring to?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the price of a $1m HDB, one can buy a 4-storey apartment in Tokyo Japan and own the land around it. You can convert the 1 floor into a shop and rent it out to business, convert 3 stories into singles apartment and rent it out while you take 1 full level for yourself; and pay off the purchase in slightly less than 10 years.
wouldn't you have to pay Japanese taxes then?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that would require a good proportion of the population to do it. I don't think the average sinkie has the guts to do so.
The average sinkies have a herd mentality and don't have a mind of their own. They're like sheep led to the slaughter.