• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good News for SG - Many FTs available at Low Salaries

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Job crisis just went from bad to worse for India's engineers
Updated: 12 Mar 2019, 02:03 PM IST
indias-job-crisis-is-going-from-bad-to-worse.jpg

1/10
India's Job crisis is going from bad to worse
Reuters
With the Lok Sabha elections just around the corner now, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is staring at an unemployment rate of 7.2% which does not go well with his 2014 poll promise of creating millions of jobs each year.

India's education system churns out hundreds of thousands of engineers - studying everything from computer code to civil engineering - each year. Many with large loans and little prospect of finding a job in their field. Data compiled by Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), a think tank, shows that 31.2 million people are actively looking for jobs.

With more than half of India's population under 25 years of age and looking for jobs in a rather dry employment mart, the young and jobless could seriously hurt Modi's chances of securing a second term on May 23 this year.

Here's a look at a few of those engineers who are struggling to secure a job.
-vikas-kamble.jpg

2/10
Vikas Kamble
Reuters
Vikas Kamble, a 27-year-old fitter.

Unemployed since: Six months

"I was told that if I did this course then there would many opportunities in the industrial sector. If there is one opening then there are at least 50 trained fitters like me for applying for it."
tejaswini-shelake.jpg

3/10
Tejaswini Shelake
Reuters
Tejaswini Shelake, a 23-year-old Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) graduate

Unemployed since: Four months

"My father has 19 acres of land. But I do not want to get into farming. I want to have a better life. My mother works at the farm along with my father back in the village."
santosh-gurav.jpg

4/10
Santosh Gurav
Reuters
Santosh Gurav, a 27-year-old Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.)

"I have over 70,000 Indian rupees of education loans from my engineering degree. Many people who did this degree are jobless. There are many graduates and few jobs."
rahul-dandwate.jpg

5/10
Rahul Dandwate
Reuters
Rahul Dandwate, a 26-year-old Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)

Unemployed since: One year

"Companies come up with jobs but the salary is very low or they donâÄÖt want to pay every month. They try to take advantage of so many jobless youngsters by offering low salary."
pankaj-kumbhakarn.jpg

6/10
Pankaj Kumbhakarn
Reuters
Pankaj Kumbhakarn, a 27-year-old Master of Computer Science (MCS) graduate

Unemployed since: one year

"These days I am very depressed. Now my age of learning is also passing by. I need to get a job. Each and every day is difficult to pass."
mandar-gosavi.jpg

7/10
Mandar Gosavi
Reuters
Mandar Gosavi, a 38-year-old Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) graduate

Unemployed since: Three months

"I was taking orders from clients, mainly automotive giants. The market has come down. Order volume was very high a few years back, but these days it has come down. I was fired from there. I apply for 10-15 jobs online daily. I have appeared for interviews for 7-8 jobs."
kajal-ithape.jpg

8/10
Kajal Ithape
Reuters
Kajal Ithape, a 25-year-old Master of Commerce (M. Com.)

"I had to leave my job as I wanted to take leave for one year after I had a baby. I have been trying to look for an accountant job for the last 6 months but without any luck."
gayatri.jpg

9/10
Gayatri
Reuters
Gayatri, a 24-year-old Master of Engineering (M.E) graduate

Unemployed since: Four months

"I do not want to sit at home. I want to find a job that suits my capabilities."
ashwani-khabale.jpg

10/10
Ashwani Khabale
Reuters
Ashwani Khabale, a 21-year-old Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.)

Unemployed since: One year

"I invested 4 years of life in becoming an engineer but the last one year has been just wasted in looking for jobs. There are so many engineers at every job interview."

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is not start a business? Create good jobs for india. That is 7.8% of entrepreneur potential there, more better than SG. :cool:

Climax69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abnns are wellcum to enter sinkieland to work as rubbish cleaners,car washers, mama storekeepers, money changers, desker sex workers. Provided they don’t start another Little India riot.