• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Morning ~ Is it so hard to say when the lift door opens?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean like to greet "jiak pah buay" I'll refuse to answer back why I need to tell them I makan already or not. So strange.

Anyway Claire complain so much can fuck off to angmoh country and be happy there why suffer here?

because stupid,people especially the pioneer generation used to live in hunger and poverty,eating ur stomach full was the highlight of your life or at least a well wishing.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good morning to All.

This morning, I woke up at 6am, put on my Nike tights and running top, Asics running shoes, and went for a run. I returned to his apartment block at 7am. Waited for the lift. Lift door opened and a Caucasian stepped out. He said "Good Morning". I returned his morning greetings.

When I am on my travels, whether in my overseas office or hotels, I find that the westerners tend to be more "generous" with their morning greetings when the lift door opens (as compared to the Chinese, Indians, Japanese, Koreans, Middle Easterns and others).

Often, when going down for breakfast at hotel lobby, and if the lift door happens to open on the lower floors, I will greet whoever that comes in "Good morning" too. It is just natural for me to do so.

I simply do not understand why Asians enters the lift, just keep quiet and pretend no one is inside. The worst scenario is when I greeted and a Singaporean couple holidaying in Tokyo, they pretended that I am transparent! So much for whatever courtesy campaigns, gracious behaviours, etc etc.

I don't stay in a HDB flat, so I do not know what is the culture of morning greetings here in Singapore HDB flats ~ especially when we have 40 to 50 storey block of flats, and the lift door is bound to open on the lower floors.

Nonetheless, I guess it is an "errie" silence when someone steps into the lift ~ given the experiences I have encountered with Singaporeans.

Is it that difficult to say "Good morning" for Singaporeans?

Does it cost an arm or a leg to be friendly and polite irrespective of what social class he or she is?

We, heartlanders, wake up every morning pek chae ...where got mood to greet others.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Zhihau. i agree with you on the stay vs live. Excellent! Thanks for correcting my error. My humble apologies.

However, I maintain my view on moved. :smile:

The difference between stay (temporary) and live (more permanent) is correct,
and "move" instead of "shift" is correct.
I believe that too many individuals have been using "shift home or house from abc to xyz", but it is incorrect.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Afternoon Charlie. Nice to see you post. :smile: You are also a nice gentleman too.

On Nay, I particularly like his way he explained himself without the unnecessary use of crudeness that I see here.

To me, an instant attraction, aside from his professional status and motivation in facing challenges, which are desirable traits in a man.

I am flattered on this Monday morning.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder when we see another person when the lift door opens at night, do we greet him/her " Good nite " ?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I believe that too many individuals have been using "shift home or house from abc to xyz", but it is incorrect.

In standard English, I'd concur "move" would be a better choice of word when it comes to relocation of an abode; whereas in my case of contextualizing the circumstances as well as taking care of the spatial and temporal connotations in relation to my physical being in the places I'm residing, I would say "shifted" is more appropriate for this case :smile::smile::smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In standard English, I'd concur "move" would be a better choice of word when it comes to relocation of an abode; whereas in my case of contextualizing the circumstances as well as taking care of the spatial and temporal connotations in relation to my physical being in the places I'm residing, I would say "shifted" is more appropriate for this case :smile::smile::smile:

i remember "shifted" being used for not removing panties for coitus in a recent sex scandal. :p

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

OK, it looks like you have a very good command of English.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Am I shifting my home or moving my home?

l080609110044.JPG