• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good m&d Cyclist Traced Lion Head On His GPS To Wish Ah Gong Happy SG53 Birthday! Useless Chink Partner Gave Up Halfway!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
jtlion110818.jpg

SINGAPORE - While others celebrated National Day with parties, cyclist Afiq Syazani, 30 marked it his own way - by cycling a 75km route that traced an image of a lion's head using GPS navigation.

The musician took over seven hours to complete his route, which he documented using a GPS tracking app, finishing it well into the early hours of Aug 9.

"Maybe if I had a better bike, I could have been a lot faster," said Mr Syazani, who rode on a foldable bike.

His friend and fellow cyclist, Mr Lucas Liew, 23, had suggested they attempt it after seeing cyclists overseas complete journeys based on artworks.

"I tried tracing many different shapes, like words, but it was all a bit too difficult. Then I thought why not do something for Singapore that people would appreciate?" said Mr Syazani.

The two then settled on the image of a lion's head for the route.

Mr Syazani did some 15 reconnoitring rides over three months to plot and work out the route.

The pair embarked on their journey together on the night of Aug 8, and cycled around the northern and central regions of Singapore, passing by places such as Toa Payoh Town Park and Nanyang Polytechnic.

However, Mr Liew was forced to drop out halfway, and Mr Syazani ended up finishing the route on his own.

"I hope that people will know from this that Singapore is not that hard to cycle around... it is really pretty achievable," he said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ape-of-a-lions-head-to-celebrate-national-day

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie chink cyclist must be equipped with at least $6.9k of cycling gadgets and attire before accomplishing 6.9 km of any route. i’ve seen many sinkies who ride like they are making a fashion statement decked with every conceivable high ses gear from the cycling industry, and they can’t even mount and dismount safely at traffic lights and road junctions. some show off their $696 cycling shoes and cleats but don’t know to how to unlatch cleats from pedals to rest feet on ground, and pensang they go. very malu lah. chio kah peng. of course if chiobu must stop and help her up. otherwise just rotflmao and ride away.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
sinkie chink cyclist must be equipped with at least $6.9k of cycling gadgets and attire before accomplishing 6.9 km of any route. i’ve seen many sinkies who ride like they are making a fashion statement decked with every conceivable high ses gear from the cycling industry, and they can’t even mount and dismount safely at traffic lights and road junctions. some show off their $696 cycling shoes and cleats but don’t know to how to unlatch cleats from pedals to rest feet on ground, and pensang they go. very malu lah. chio kah peng. of course if chiobu must stop and help her up. otherwise just rotflmao and ride away.
Would you believe I am still using my trusty vintage Campagnolo cage pedals? I don't need those fancy shoes and cleats, hence I will never fall over when I need to stop. Old is best!
th

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Would you believe I am still using my trusty vintage Campagnolo cage pedals? I don't need those fancy shoes and cleats, hence I will never fall over when I need to stop. Old is best!
th

Those require even more dexterity. I pulled the straps tight while riding and then had to flip the release lever when coming to a stop. Even unplanned sudden stops required a combination of braking hard, then doing a 1 second track stand while loosening the straps so I could take my foot out.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
He could have spent his time on more meaningful matters such as deliver my pizza!

And all he had to show for the whole day was a stupid map w red outline which my 8 year old nephew can trace w his finger?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Those require even more dexterity. I pulled the straps tight while riding and then had to flip the release lever when coming to a stop. Even unplanned sudden stops required a combination of braking hard, then doing a 1 second track stand while loosening the straps so I could take my foot out.
Leave just enough space for your shoes to slide in and out snugly.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Leave just enough space for your shoes to slide in and out snugly.

You obviously were not wearing cycling shoes. The cleat locked into the pedal via the deep slot in the centre.

The whole purpose of the toe straps was to prevent the shoes sliding out so you could both push and pull on the pedals at the same.

5550927060_3573c8a4f4_b.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You obviously were not wearing cycling shoes. The cleat locked into the pedal via the deep slot in the centre.

The whole purpose of the toe straps was to prevent the shoes sliding out so you could both push and pull on the pedals at the same.

View attachment 46136
Never needed or wanted them. Makes walking very difficult and impractical. Just good indoor court futsal boots with stiff soles. The pedals when matched with these shoes still allow for efficient up (pull) and down (push) strokes.
SI-ADM20135-2.jpg

Also, I can switch pedals without needing to match my shoes to them. I have also used these ones :
campagnolo-sl-superleggeri-classic-bicycle-pedals-1.JPG

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Never needed or wanted them. Makes walking very difficult and impractical. Just good indoor court futsal boots with stiff soles. The pedals when matched with these shoes still allow for efficient up (pull) and down (push) strokes.
SI-ADM20135-2.jpg

Also, I can switch pedals without needing to match my shoes to them. I have also used these ones :
campagnolo-sl-superleggeri-classic-bicycle-pedals-1.JPG

There's little point using toe clips if you're not using cleats. You might as well just have used ordinary pedals.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
There's little point using toe clips if you're not using cleats. You might as well just have used ordinary pedals.
Which I do, most of the time. I plan on retiring the Campy pedals because they are getting more collectible. Will switch to cheaper Gipiemme pedals.
gipiemme-sprint-classic-bicycle-pedals-1.jpg

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN more like bird head than lion head KNN his friend could have ridden a tiny bird head KNN

I must say it resembles more like an eagle's head than a lion head. What happened to their "meticulous' planning and implementation on such an important symbolic occasion?