• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Going JB Next Week. Need Help.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, inside got which mall to go makan and jalan jalan??? The last time around >15 years ago was Holiday Plaza, Sentosa, Jalan Ah Fook, Pelangi Plaza..... any other new places??? If want to go home improvement stores, go where ah???

Last checked: Holiday Plaza uplorry liao..... lots of memories there..... lol.....

KSL mall. But I heard the pre-pandemic KSL and post-pandemic KSL quite different. Many anchor tenants changed.

City Square (not to be confused with the Sinkie one at Farrer Park).

Mid Valley Southkey Mall.

R&F Mall.

There are also the AEON malls located in the outskirts: Bukit Indah and Tebrau.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL mall. But I heard the pre-pandemic KSL and post-pandemic KSL quite different. Many anchor tenants changed.

R&F Mall.

Steady lah thanks alot laksaboy :smile:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can forget about R&F Mall. If you are going to stay somewhere near City Square, the skybridge from JB Sentral to R&F Mall is a super long walk. And when you arrive at R&F Mall, the shops are mostly empty.

Better to stay near at JB Sentral, such as Citrus Hotel (but make sure you book a window unit), and make good use of the public buses to travel to the other shopping malls.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, going JB next week for few days to do some stuff. It's been >15 years since I went to JB so things probably has changed alot in there.

1) Last time I take MRT to Kranji and then take bus don't know what number to the check point.... is that way still ok??? If yes, what is the bus number at Kranji MRT station to JB???

2) Another way is like take bus near Fu Lu Shou complex there to JB is it??? Still operating or just take MRT to Kranji and then bus???

Thanks....
just take the bus in front of the mrt, no need to cross over to the opposite side. If not sure, just ask the bus captains who are stationing there. Yes, they station there at the mrt station bus stop to help with the queue and bus arrival.

go youtube and check out places to visit in jb lah, so simple. Now so many youtubers do videos about JB and Malaysia.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can forget about R&F Mall. If you are going to stay somewhere near City Square, the skybridge from JB Sentral to R&F Mall is a super long walk. And when you arrive at R&F Mall, the shops are mostly empty.

Better to stay near at JB Sentral, such as Citrus Hotel (but make sure you book a window unit), and make good use of the public buses to travel to the other shopping malls.
when you walk along the bridge to R&F mall, dun go all the way, there is an exit down halfway, you get down and then walk straight , you can reach a food makan area with decent food. Even our Zeamatt Neo also been there before. This makan place is opposite R&F mall. i think open in the evening only. maybe 4 or 5pm onwards, go to the facebook page to find out the opening time if you are interested.

Last edited:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
when you walk along the bridge to R&F mall, dun go all the way, there is an exit down halfway, you get down and then walk straight , you can reach a food makan area with decent food. Even our Zeamatt Neo also been there before. This makan place is opposite R&F mall. i think open in the evening only. maybe 4 or 5pm onwards, go to the facebook page to find out the opening time if you are interested.

I stayed at GBW hotel the last time and for the first time, yet I didn't notice a food center just beside GBW hotel.

Now I can consider staying at GBW hotel again. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's opposite the V@Summerplace condo. :biggrin:

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stayed at GBW hotel the last time and for the first time, yet I didn't notice a food center just beside GBW hotel.

Now I can consider staying at GBW hotel again. :biggrin:
GBW Hotel looks pretty bro. Me considering staying there for 2 nights. Is it easier to go everywhere compared to KSL Hotel & Resort???

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
GBW Hotel looks pretty bro. Me considering staying there for 2 nights. Is it easier to go everywhere compared to KSL Hotel & Resort???

KSL is living on past reputation. For less than $50 per night, GBW feels very premium. The breakfast is very good compared to Citrus Hotel.

I wouldn't say it's easier to go everywhere. If you want ultimate convenience, you have to stay next JB Sentral/City Square. And Citrus hotel is okay. A better option, but more expensive is Fives Hotel Johor Bahru, which is opposite Komtar JBCC.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KSL is living on past reputation. For less than $50 per night, GBW feels very premium. The breakfast is very good compared to Citrus Hotel.

I wouldn't say it's easier to go everywhere. If you want ultimate convenience, you have to stay next JB Sentral/City Square. And Citrus hotel is okay. A better option, but more expensive is Fives Hotel Johor Bahru, which is opposite Komtar JBCC.
KSL the lift just plunged 4 floors you dare stay?

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

R&F Mall.

KSL shops now mainly cut hair, do pedicure, and sell cheap knick knacks like hand phone accessories. Durian season, so there are sellers stationed outside the main door but they wont always be there. Southkey is a made for Sinkies mall, twice the size of Takashimaya, but live on SGD. If you go during the June and Dec school holidays, all you will meet are sinkies. Step into any shop, 90-95% of the customers are Sinkies LOL. Nowadays Sinkies don't live anywhere other than the hotel at Southkey called St Giles. Opened only in Sept last year, but already smells like a ten year old shack

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will also wanna try this GBW hotel too and maybe airbnb V@summerplace if available. now, malaysia will charge tourist a tourist tax at hotel for 10rm per night. This is extra to pay beside your hotel fees. if stay 2 nights, you have to pay extra 20 rm for it.