• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goal Post Change: Mask and Social Distancing are No Longer The Best. Vaccine is the best to protect yourself against virus

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
With regards to Covid and masks I'm not posting views I'm posting data and the data does not show any evidence that masks work. If they did all the masked jurisdictions would show a much lower infection rate compared to non masked jurisdictions but I just don't see that in the data. The virus carries on spreading regardless.

Lockdowns work if everyone complies and stays at home but at some point we have to emerge from our bunkers and the spread will then continue so what is the point.

New variants will continue to surface and if we lock ourselves indoors at the first sign of a new danger this will never end and the rich/poor divide will get even wider.

Many jurisdictions have opened up with zero restrictions and the world has not come to an end. In fact the difference in infection rates is so minimal that the measures all seem pretty pointless and achieve next to nothing. We'd save far more lives banning alcohol, ciggies and fast food then we will getting people to mask up and stay home.
You know masks do work. Everyone knows they do deep down. You're just inviting debate. And oh yes... insults. :roflmao:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You know masks do work. Everyone knows they do deep down. You're just inviting debate. And oh yes... insults. :roflmao:

Masks work if used fastidiously. The way masks are worn, stored and handled currently by 99% of the masked brigade actually makes things worse.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
They most certainly do.

View attachment 113608

are you still high on drugs or what? we all know masks work

but I'll tell you what. In my job I make money lying to people so how about this:

If you pay me, I'll say masks work. I am so used to lying for a living I'll have no issues coming on here and telling everyone you were right that masks dont work even though they do

Question is how much are you willing to pay? I dont come cheap you know, Peiweh has extravagant tastes.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Masks work if used fastidiously. The way masks are worn, stored and handled currently by 99% of the masked brigade actually makes things worse.
So now you say masks work and pivots to say they work if worn properly?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So now you say masks work and pivots to say they work if worn properly?

I've said that from the beginning. I am always very consistent in all my messages. I have repeatedly stated that what happens in a lab setting using petri dishes to determine transmission in no way mimics what happens in the real world.

Here's what I said back in Feb...

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 5.14.54 PM.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The beauty of on line discourse is that everything is on record and documented forever. If I am falsely accused of anything the search function reveals exactly what transpired.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I recall this discussion. You are right when you are thinking from the point of view that the way the mask functions is to prevent the wearer from catching the virus from someone else or from fhe environment. Ie the mask actually filters and catches the virus on its surface. Then yes if you touch the dirty mask then touch your nose or mouth then the virus actually is transmitted into your body.

This was why at the beginnig we said masks probably dont work.

But along the way there was the thought that enougj people wore masks then those who were covid positive and wearing masks would have droplets from mouth and nose caught in the mask they are wearing nad hence make it harder for them to infect others. Ie you wear the mask to protect others from you if it turns out you are covid positive and didnt know.

That one has less to do with how the user wears and handles unless they touch mask them toucj surfaces which others also touch.

Again data might not tell the whole picture. Cos when presented data is often biased already and used to justify a prevailing idea or hypothesis.

The whole issue regarding the effectiveness of masks boils down to the mode of transmission of the virus.

If droplets are required to transmit sufficient viral load to cause an infection then masks should do a good job.

However if the primary mode of transmission is via aerosols then masks won't be effective because aerosols are like smoke and we have already seen numerous videos that show how masks do nothing to prevent smoke from spewing out in all directions.

It looks like aerosol transmission occurs on a regular basis because there have been numerous reports of those in quarantine transmitting the virus to a neighboring hotel room via the ventilation system.

The fact that indoor transmission has been shown to be the primary means of super spreading while outdoor transmission is rare further supports the evidence that aerosols play a significant part.

I'm sure masks would help if they are worn and disposed of the correct manner. However because most people just wear masks so they don't get fined it is pretty obvious they aren't going to bother with the technicalities. That is the reason why data from the ground shows that masks don't work.

We don't live in a perfect world so mandates need to be practical not theoretical. Human nature has to be taken into account.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Do condoms work?

They do too. But is it the problem with the condom itself or the user and wearer?

Lol!

Think of the masks for covid like someone having foreplay with his girlfriend while wearing a condom but no sexual intercourse ok! Great results! Very few pregnancies.

But if got penetrative sex penis in vagina I think the "succes rate" for the condom falls dramatically.

It is hard to isolate data only on masks for covid. And only on Lockdown for covid. And social distancing for covid. Cos many are practiced together.

Anyway why does it matter so much anymore?

This mask thing is old news liao.

The current strategy is vaccination.

Condoms definitely work because it is the only method of contraception and protection from STDs that I have ever relied upon and I have no STDs and no children.

The reason why they have worked for me is because I always buy good quality rubbers and store them in a cool place and not in a car glove compartment or in my wallet. When putting them on I have always made sure that all the air is expelled from the tip and I've checked the box to make sure they have not expired.

I've had two cases of breakage in my whole life but luck was on my side.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condoms definitely work because it is the only method of contraception and protection from STDs that I have ever relied upon and I have no STDs and no children.

The reason why they have worked for me is because I always buy good quality rubbers and store them in a cool place and not in a car glove compartment or in my wallet. When putting them on I have always made sure that all the air is expelled from the tip and I've checked the box to make sure they have not expired.

I've had two cases of breakage in my whole life but luck was on
You sure you were lucky? Syphilis causes mental problems either immediate or remote.:sneaky:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
There will also be people who swear condoms dont work.

What does the data say?

Hope you get my point sam.

Making sweeping statements like masks dont work and condons work might not sit well with certain individuals.

For condoms there is enough data to say that they around 85% effective and that includes data from idiots that don't use them correctly.

For masks the data shows that that they are -5% effective because the infection rate in masked jurisdictions is worse. This includes data from idiots who use the same mask for a week while pulling it down over their chin and stuffing it in their filthy pockets.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will also be people who swear condoms dont work.

What does the data say?

Hope you get my point sam.

Making sweeping statements like masks dont work and condons work might not sit well with certain individuals.

i am one of those individuals

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole issue regarding the effectiveness of masks boils down to the mode of transmission of the virus.

If droplets are required to transmit sufficient viral load to cause an infection then masks should do a good job.

However if the primary mode of transmission is via aerosols then masks won't be effective because aerosols are like smoke and we have already seen numerous videos that show how masks do nothing to prevent smoke from spewing out in all directions.

It looks like aerosol transmission occurs on a regular basis because there have been numerous reports of those in quarantine transmitting the virus to a neighboring hotel room via the ventilation system.

The fact that indoor transmission has been shown to be the primary means of super spreading while outdoor transmission is rare further supports the evidence that aerosols play a significant part.

I'm sure masks would help if they are worn and disposed of the correct manner. However because most people just wear masks so they don't get fined it is pretty obvious they aren't going to bother with the technicalities. That is the reason why data from the ground shows that masks don't work.

We don't live in a perfect world so mandates need to be practical not theoretical. Human nature has to be taken into account.

good. more backtracking.

its nice to see a slow return to rational thought, no?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
ADMIN does not care if "data is against him" will ignore your request to "be reasonable" :whistling:
Yeah. Just do whatever you like. Sam says just leave things as is.
My efforts are for nothing.
There are more important things to do.
Have a good weekend.

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. Just do whatever you like. Sam says just leave things as is.
My efforts are for nothing.
There are more important things to do.
Have a good weekend.

doctor i thought so. you actually would have turned this forum into something worthwhile but it has to come from the top, as you can see its allowed to be what it is

I call it the Shit Times and your friend eatshit says I am trying to bring down the forum

If you ask me its Leong and he know it, also the night antics of Jw5 end up putting the lid on the coffin

out of our hands