• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GO WEST, life is peaceful there, GO WEST, in the open air (Misc post about west)

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bp20.jpg

Lenticular Over Mt. Rainer: The wonder of the weather.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bp21.jpg

The Village of Gasadalur: The village of Gasadalur and the island of Mykines in the background. Until a tunnel was built in 2004, the 16 residents living in Gasadalur had to take a strenuous hike or horseback over the steep 400 meters mountain in order to make it to the other villages. It was a rare sunny day in the Faroe Islands and I had to wait until the clouds rolled in to provide some softer light. I decided to go with a long exposure (1 minute 10 seconds) to illustrate the force of the wind and a serene sea among the isolated islands.

bp24.jpg

Another World: This is the great Japanese maple tree in the Portland Japanese Gardens. I tried to bring a different perspective of this frequently photographed tree.

bp26.jpg

Frosted Vignette: An early morning drive along the Pullman Highway coupled with a pale grey sky revealed this beautiful scene.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
image-385079-galleryV9-vsbt.jpg

This little squirrel bit off more than he could chew.
Stuck fast in a storm drain in a small town in Germany, the critter looked like he'd become road kill when his body refused to follow his head through the hole.
Police in the town of Isernhagen were called out by a worried motorist who phoned in to report the stuck-up rodent after he narrowly avoided running over him.

A squirrel stuck in a manhole cover on a street in Isernhagen, Germany. The squirrel had to be rescued by the police and recovered
Police tried to free him by pulling, but without success.
Then one of them prised up the drain cover and pushed while his colleague pulled, but again without a result.

Finally a housewife came out with a bottle of olive oil and the officers smeared it around the squirrel's neck and body. After another 15 minutes of tugging he was freed.
'We wanted to take him to a vet's for a check-up,' said one of the officers. 'But he was having none of it. He legged it straight away into a garden and up a tree, which is where he belongs I suppose.'

image-385080-galleryV9-kfck.jpg

Last edited:

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am seriously thinking of relocating there, There is just something about USA. My family and friends are telling me, I should take the risk now, Since Im only 26 and have no commitments. Easier said then done.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh USA, tough to step in now due to economic crisis. They protect the local jobs unlike PAP.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2197969-14D22401000005DC-219_634x473.jpg

Getting candy from a baby! Did thoughtful parents taking flight with young twin boys hand out sweets to other passengers? (and they even brought earplugs for everyone)

An overly considerate couple is being praised for going above and beyond to placate their fellow air travelers.

The parents, accompanied by their 14-week-old twin boys, distributed sweets to passengers as a pre-emptive strike in anticipation of the infants wreaking havoc in the skies.

The innovative approach was broadcast on Reddit by Andrew Merritt, who received one of the goodie bags from the parents on his cross country flight from San Francisco.

Some have disputed the legitimacy of the too-sweet-story, analyzing the prospective cost to the parents and the trustworthiness of Mr Merritt, but it appears the story is indeed genuine.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh USA, tough to step in now due to economic crisis. They protect the local jobs unlike PAP.

Relocate my Business there, I am not going there to work for people. Since i am single and got no committee, I am thinking this is the best time to land.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Relocate my Business there, I am not going there to work for people. Since i am single and got no committee, I am thinking this is the best time to land.

Why would you need a committee in the first place?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s_a21_06015887.jpg

Anori, a five-month-old polar bear, plays in a pool of water at the zoo in Wuppertal, Germany, on June 6, 2012.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s_a28_RTR35J2G.jpg

An ethnic Uighur child pulls a donkey near Mount Tianshan in Aksu, Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, on July 28, 2012.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s_a29_50574574.jpg

Meerkats are weighed and measured during the ZSL London Zoo 's annual weigh-in on August 22, 2012 in London, England

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s_a34_12029749.jpg

Wearing a bowtie for the occasion, Blue Joie is held by his owner Ingrid Robinson of New York, as they and others wait for the start of the most expensive wedding for pets in New York, on July 12, 2012. The black-tie fundraiser, where two dogs were "married", was held to benefit the Humane Society of New York.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s_a40_RTR36OPX.jpg

A disabled dog named Christmas, during a charity event in Minsk, Belarus, on August 11, 2012. The Public Association for Animal Protection "EGIDA" organized an event to match homeless dogs and cats to prospective new owners in the Belarusian capital on Saturday.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s_a41_97246689.jpg

An archival photo of Bao Bao, a panda in the Berlin Zoo. Bao Bao, the world's oldest known male panda, died in the zoo at the age of 34, on August 22, 2012, after a period of declining health.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="982" height="552" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://www.washingtonpost.com/baby-panda-mystery-solved-its-a-boy/2012/09/07/2fa17b6a-f92b-11e1-a93b-7185e3f88849_inline.html"></iframe>
Baby Panda in San Diego Zoo