• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS: Political oppositon will never be the same again after LKT's speech

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, it would be total hypocrisy for WP people to criticise or scold and whine about other parties of being "spoilers" if WP itself doesn't believe in opposition unity in the first place. Let fair contest takes place but voters must be even more discerning in making their choice in such contests. Opposition supporters should not be confused from now on. They should not vote blindly but instead, should spend more time in assessing the performance, strength and weaknesses of each candidates instead of just vote according to party loyalty.

Opposition politics will never be the same again after Mr Low Thia Khiang's rally speech tonight. I believe that it is basically a public confirmation of distinct departure of WP from the rest of the opposition parties. Maybe Mr. Low feels that with 8 MPs in parliament, it is an opportune time for WP to take flight and establish itself as in the same league as PAP....on the same boat as PAP. But one thing Mr Low must realize, the only thing could stay constant, is impermanence and this knife will cut both ways.

- http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.sg/2013/01/wps-path-away-from-opposition-unity.html

well say!!!

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the right question to ask is this: Is there even opposition unity to start with? If there isn't, what is GMS trying to say? There is now disunity in disunity?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTK should have at least met with other parties rather than ignoring them altogether and then made this statement.
He lacks political astuteness n will never run Singapore

If you know you are going to step on shit if you go there and you also know that going there serves no other business than tasting the other person's shit would you still go? If this is too difficult for you to understand, I shall give you another analogy. If you know someone is going to play an April Fool's joke on you, would you still accept his invitation?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS is like the S-league player talking about world football as if he has won the world cup. Here is a man who has never won any election, been kicked out from party to party, formed two-bit parties that never went anywhere, backed a presidential hopeful that became a joke telling us that oppo parties will never be the same again. Who gives a fark what he thinks?
and he is machiam some self style football pundit that cannot get a job......that no media wants to employ.....so he sets up own website/blog just to hear himself speak.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK is a shrewd operator. I am certain he knew the reasons behind CST's SDP fiasco when a certain CSJ joined them. CSJ's cardinal objective was to neutralise the rise of SDP then. Why would LTK want history to be repeated?

Let's face it lah.

The rest of the opposition parties with the exception of WP have clown and jesters including their leaders.

They don't change and don't seem to want to change.

It's in a way the the same with the PAP's problem.

They can't rid themselves of cronism and nepotsim and it has gotten too entrenched by now. Even if LHL wants to change, it's too late and can't be done.

So LTK had better learn all those mistakes made by these ppl and never to fall into the same issues that after sometime, cannot be undone.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't want PAP to win? Or do you want to have two votes? Funny. Again you used the pronoun "we". Who are "we"?

Want n reality can be two different things sir.
Why do you want WP to win? What for when they are lying to the people?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If LTK is a good guy, he will not be in politic... Politic is the most dirty place!!! Why JBJ need to leave WP and set up RP?? Is more or less the same reason why CST need to leave SDP and set up SPP!!!

Is just that LTK do it beautifully and CSJ do it like shit!!!

If LTK is a nice guy, He should invite JBJ( I mean last time hor, I know now LTK cannot find him any more:eek:) back to WP or at lease help up the son of his 恩人 which is KJ to win this election!!!

I do not mean PAP are good hor...

Like I say Politician only know how to make use of supporters to do or work for them... After using us.. they will throw us into the toilet and flash us away with their shit!!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Want n reality can be two different things sir.

Honey,

Please help me talk to your father. He keeps calling me.
I know he wants a fuck in Geylang and in reality he needs to eject, Can you help him, please.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP style right. Cannot win, throw lots of insults without any substance in the argument. Or you learnt well from your rice MP.

Honey,

Please help me talk to your father. He keeps calling me.
I know he wants a fuck in Geylang and in reality he needs to eject, Can you help him, please.

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If LTK is a good guy, he will not be in politic... Politic is the most dirty place!!! Why JBJ need to leave WP and set up RP?? Is more or less the same reason why CST need to leave SDP and set up SPP!!!

Is just that LTK do it beautifully and CSJ do it like shit!!!

If LTK is a nice guy, He should invite JBJ( I mean last time hor, I know now LTK cannot find him any more:eek:) back to WP or at lease help up the son of his 恩人 which is KJ to win this election!!!

I do not mean PAP are good hor...

Like I say Politician only know how to make use of supporters to do or work for them... After using us.. they will throw us into the toilet and flash us away with their shit!!!:biggrin:

That's such a horrible thing to do. How do you know whether this is true?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's such a horrible thing to do. How do you know whether this is true?

You mean which part is false?? Politic is dirty or politician will throw us into the toilet with their shit!!:confused:

Who cares it is true or not in this forum??? I need to produce evident?? Who cares!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
One must always negotiate and bargain from a position of strength. That's Negotiation 101.

Of course you can also bluff, as in poker. And LKY used to do that back in the 60s and 70s. If someone had called his bluffs, he would have been caught out, then he had to pay for an expensive tuition lesson, if not with his freedom or even life. TT Durai tried to be like LKY and tried that on SPH and SPH called his bluff and he lost everything.

So if you are weak, you can try to gamble. But if you have a weak hand, and others can see it, better to close your cards and live to fight another day - in a stronger position.

Last edited: