• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Glenn Knight, The Prosecutor

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if he got titanium balls, I doubt he would want to have anything to do with LKY again.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if he got titanium balls, I doubt he would want to have anything to do with LKY again.

GK was super powerful when he was DCAD. I recall even then CP also gave him face. He was destined for higher office. Maybe AG or SG or even a high court judge.

His offence doesn't appear so serious as to charge him in court. Many others were told to resign or retire for more serious offences. Though he claimed it wasn't political, I have my doubts.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw the book in the library and browsed thru it. It's about the cases he had handled, nothing controversial or anything on his later life after he was charged.

A pity indeed. Am sure he is familiar with many controversial events and decisions from the MIW.

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is thanking his lucky stars that he got his practicing cert back.if it was Yong Pang Hau or Sundaresh Menon presiding, he will still be " out-lawed".

M

Mdm Tang

The Newpaper , 9 Sep 12 , Sunday, got

an article with G K ...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is thanking his lucky stars that he got his practicing cert back.if it was Yong Pang Hau or Sundaresh Menon presiding, he will still be " out-lawed".

I understand Shanmugam played a key role. Defended GK in court previously. Second case I think.

M

Mdm Tang

Former top prosecutor Glenn Knight: No government involvement in my graft conviction

September 9, 2012 - 12:36am

By:*
Benita Aw Yeong

TNP PHOTO: Gavin Foo

His downfall was not politically motivated, declares ex-public prosecutor Glenn Knight in his new book, Glenn Knight The Prosecutor.
It might have been because of the unhappiness of someone within the system, but it had nothing to do with the Government, says Mr Knight.
The book is his attempt to set the record straight.
Read the full report in The New Paper on Sunday (Sept 9).
Tags:*
Glenn Knight page one

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GK was officially named as AG designate to takeover from the then retiring AG. During that time his wife was developing a resort on Bintan on a small scale. GK was seeking investors to pump in money and sought a number of people including Ng Ser Miang. Though no money was handed over he was charged for attempted cheating on the basis that other investors/partners had already committed when it was not the case. In the business world this is quite common and I have not seen prosecution or after this incident. GK also fucked up when he took a vehicle loan from the Govt and used the vehicle in an inappropriate manner.

It is believed that it was the then AG Tan Boon Teik has referred complaints from Indonesian businessmen that he was asking them for money for his resort that led to the investigation.

The whole case is shrouded in mystery and I suspect that GK has no clue or is not prepared to disclose. To his close friends he keeps mentioning about someone he upset. Whatever it is people were surprised that he pleaded guilty to a filmsy case.

Lawrence and CPIB are also clueless on why this even took place and I am sure that CPIB know that they were doing someone's else's dirty work. Lawrence Ang never made AG even though he was so excited about screwing GK.

If there is anyone to blame it has to be his wife. She thinks she was some sort of superb chef and thought that she could run a resort. Sadly GK was in love with another lady and that flame I understand is still on.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He came in from the cold...we will never see the invisible hand behind all this..it is again, Money, Power, Connection..and some instances, throw in SEX!

sex is so natural and yet it is so potently destructive. we are all vulnerable.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He came in from the cold...we will never see the invisible hand behind all this..it is again, Money, Power, Connection..and some instances, throw in SEX!

Yes, the knight who came in from the cold. I like this very apt description. Very well written!