• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Girl slaps, kicks dad in public

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
theres an old chinese saying 打是疼,骂是爱... the daughter is returning her affections for her parent.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Filial piety chinese style.

filialpiety.jpg

hi there

1. sammy, can you get real?
2. the so-called filial piety thing is dead a very long time ago hoh.
3. chins are dogs everywhere!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think differently from you. Your opinions could be greatly influenced by the 'Westernised Chinese ' that you come into contact with during your social intercourse with them where you are in New Zealand.
As for me , I practically reside in China so I know what I'm talking about.

hi there

1. bro, no offence.
2. get real please!
3. me too, in and out of chineyland just like drinking water hoh.

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOE worries that our younger generation will be a bunch of spoiled-brats. 没有家教!

Character and Citizenship classes for schools
Syllabus to be introduced at primary, secondary levels in 2014 and will be conducted in Mother Tongue
by Sharon See
Nov 15, 2012
SINGAPORE - From 2014, all primary and secondary schools will offer the new Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) syllabus.

Education Minister Heng Swee Keat, who said this during a visit to Yangzheng Primary School yesterday, said the new syllabus is linked to the life experience of students so that they can relate to it more readily.

Identity, relationships and choices - core concepts of the new syllabus - will be delivered through different activities like storytelling and discussions, such as a mini version of Our Singapore Conversation, where students discuss current issues.

The CCE lessons will be conducted in the Mother Tongue, but it will also be taught through interactions with the form teacher. Schools will also be able to customise lessons that reflect their school values.

One new component is Family Time, which has suggestions for activities that allow parents to bond with their children and support the CCE.

Mr Heng believes this component will complement the efforts from the schools. "It provides for better bonding as well as greater involvement of parents and the community, and this is a very important effort because I think schools alone cannot succeed without the support of the parents and the community," he said.

As for core values like responsibility and integrity, these would not just be taught through formal lessons.

Ms Elena Tan, a teacher at Yangzheng Primary School, said teachers will also try to seize on "teachable moments" during other lessons to explain these values.

"For example, in terms of Science, through these experiments, I can teach them values such as perseverance - where sometimes, you do not get the first try right all the time," she said.

Some teachers said the challenge is to get students to internalise these values and apply them to their daily lives. This could be done by frequently recognising and showing appreciation for the effort made by students who do the right thing, as that would then encourage them to continue to do more good, they said.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing new. They did that on a massive scale during the cultural revolution. Many parents were beaten to death or committed suicide. The red army are now in their 60s, many of them in high positions, e.g. Bo Xilai.