• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Giant Gone Fuck? NTUC To Makan Giant Also?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
42195090_1040353582798686_1422048411686797312_n.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have surprised that Junction 10 Giant still alive...Farceprice died long tome ago & so did foodfare....many of these Giant Stores were once, Shop N Save, after Diary Farm bought them over & converted some of them to GIANT Stores. I liked Shop N Save..used to have one, near where I lived...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to go to NTUC & Cold Storage to get my groceries.

Nowadays my groceries are delivered to my home by Amazon Prime. They can deliver within hours. However I'll probably start ordering stuff from Redmart because they have a wider range of food items than Amazon.

With online stores you cannot see how fresh the produce you are ordering. However when one gets older it is more difficult to carry those heavy shopping bags. Now I don't have to worry about buying bulky & heavy products such as water. I also do not have to waste time queuing at the supermarket.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok bring back emporium:biggrin:

Emporium boss went bankrupt....later years he bounced back, after setting up stores in Brunei etc...He came back here many years back & put up an advert in all the papers, he will give $1,000 to all his ex-employees...& he did.

Emporium was the first to sell CHINA MADE goods....way back in the early seventies, when PRC was still behind the bamboo curtain & communist China was our enemy...

There will not be another emporium....they will not survive today, in our 'communist' state, where the government own almost everything..

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Giant were to go also, then the hollowing out of Singapore is going from bad to worse.
Why are Singapore-based companies moving out of the country?
What is puzzling is that this is not happening during the last few years but more than a decade ago.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
If Giant were to go also, then the hollowing out of Singapore is going from bad to worse.
Why are Singapore-based companies moving out of the country?
What is puzzling is that this is not happening during the last few years but more than a decade ago.
Giant is the useless HK Diary Farm chain. Not sinkie lah. :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giant is the useless HK Diary Farm chain. Not sinkie lah. :biggrin:
Giant is jardine matheson. One of the iriginsl tai pans. Also owns mandarin oriental.
Now giant supermarket was hit by similar accounting fraud that affected UK tescos.the bosses were paid hefty bonuses, but in the end, turned out to be losses.unlike tescos in UK, giant does not look like it can recover. Suppliers are paid 6 months after goods are sold from 1-2 months when they first started.
Their top bosses are all ang moh.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to go to NTUC & Cold Storage to get my groceries.

Nowadays my groceries are delivered to my home by Amazon Prime. They can deliver within hours. However I'll probably start ordering stuff from Redmart because they have a wider range of food items than Amazon.

With online stores you cannot see how fresh the produce you are ordering. However when one gets older it is more difficult to carry those heavy shopping bags. Now I don't have to worry about buying bulky & heavy products such as water. I also do not have to waste time queuing at the supermarket.

My god, you're turning into the fat slobs living in bubble machines i saw in the movie 'Wall-E"!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My god, you're turning into the fat slobs living in bubble machines i saw in the movie 'Wall-E"!

I may be getting less exercise but I'm also getting older. When one get's older it is harder to carry all those heavy items.

With so many people in Spore, the queues were getting longer at NTUC & that is why I prefer to go to Cold Storage.
Now with home delivery I avoid the hassle, saving time & $ on transportation costs.

With Amazon prime as long as the order is $40, they will deliver for free. Delivery takes only a few hours & I can track on real time the delivery progress on my iPad.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
In near future,Sinkeeland got only one Giant Supermarket NTUC.
In near future,Sinkeeland got only one Giant Super GRC.