• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ghost Writer Likes to Serve NS, Proud of Familee Day Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Pleasant, familiar signs of patriotism as National Day approaches
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->AS I hurried to the bus stop in my No. 4 uniform, the sight of HDB blocks decked out in red and white stopped me in my tracks.
As I waited for the bus, patriotism was in the air and sentiments ran high. A boy in a prominent pink kindergarten uniform was waving a Singapore flag and singing the National Anthem enthusiastically. Not far away, a lady in her 20s was wearing a red top with a white skirt.
I am sure such little acts of patriotism are common in Japan and China, but what intrigues me is the spell which Singapore, a small country with no long history to boast of, has cast on its citizens to make us carry a spark of patriotism in our hearts.
Perhaps it is the Asian values that have been ingrained in our minds, or the message of armed forces advertisements on public transport, or simply the study of history in school - I don't know.
But I do know my time as a full-time national serviceman has shed light on the issue of patriotism, which I believe lies at the core in all of us.
Like soldiers before me, I still break out in a cold sweat when I think of my army days. After 'mosquito sessions' in field training, muscle cramps after a seemingly impossible number of push-ups and unreasonable extra duties imposed for making the slightest mistake, who would not?
While we were preoccupied with counting the number of days to ORD (operational ready date), the seeds of patriotism had been planted in our hearts through bittersweet memories in NS.
In today's world, patriotism is not just about fighting for your country but also ensuring your country does not have to fight.
While we wave the flag this National Day, we must remind ourselves to protect our fragile social fabric and be careful not to step on any racial landmines.
Chan Hang Yang

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Pleasant, familiar signs of patriotism as National Day approaches
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->AS I hurried to the bus stop in my No. 4 uniform, the sight of HDB blocks decked out in red and white stopped me in my tracks.
As I waited for the bus, patriotism was in the air and sentiments ran high. A boy in a prominent pink kindergarten uniform was waving a Singapore flag and singing the National Anthem enthusiastically. Not far away, a lady in her 20s was wearing a red top with a white skirt.
I am sure such little acts of patriotism are common in Japan and China, but what intrigues me is the spell which Singapore, a small country with no long history to boast of, has cast on its citizens to make us carry a spark of patriotism in our hearts.
Perhaps it is the Asian values that have been ingrained in our minds, or the message of armed forces advertisements on public transport, or simply the study of history in school - I don't know.
But I do know my time as a full-time national serviceman has shed light on the issue of patriotism, which I believe lies at the core in all of us.
Like soldiers before me, I still break out in a cold sweat when I think of my army days. After 'mosquito sessions' in field training, muscle cramps after a seemingly impossible number of push-ups and unreasonable extra duties imposed for making the slightest mistake, who would not?
While we were preoccupied with counting the number of days to ORD (operational ready date), the seeds of patriotism had been planted in our hearts through bittersweet memories in NS.
In today's world, patriotism is not just about fighting for your country but also ensuring your country does not have to fight.
While we wave the flag this National Day, we must remind ourselves to protect our fragile social fabric and be careful not to step on any racial landmines.
Chan Hang Yang

somebody charge this motherfucker for writing to the press as he is not supposed to do so as a NSF, all communications to the press is to be conveyed via the public affairs division not this cb pte

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's only writing this because he doesnt realize the
lady in her 20s was wearing a red top with a white skirt
was trying to get NSF banned from taking buses coz they are too smelly