• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ghost in lift?

Raider

You have every right to believe what you believe. But don't impose your beliefs on others. E.g. I believe pigs can fly, but I won't force you to agree with me.

The trouble with Christians is that they judge and condemn others based on their own belief while trying to ram their faith down the throats of non-believers, not realizing that others also have a right to their own – 'illogical' as they may seem to Christians – faiths and beliefs.

u believe that there is only a christian god. so only got christian god and no others who u call them devils or demons.

correct?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u believe that there is only a christian god. so only got christian god and no others who u call them devils or demons.

correct?

Who said there's only one God? The Muslims have their Allah, the Christians have their Jehovah, the Hindus have their Shiva, Krishna and Brahma and a whole pantheon of 1,000 deities, the Zoroastrians have their Ahura Mazda ... so be it. Why must the Christian God take precedence over other Gods?

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who said there's only one God? The Muslims have their Allah, the Christians have their Jehovah, the Hindus have their Shiva, Krishna and Brahma and a whole pantheon of 1,000 deities, the Zoroastrians have their Ahura Mazda ... so be it. Why must the Christian God take precedence over other Gods?
It seems to me that raider intended his post for me. :wink:

correct?
Correct.

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
But don't impose your beliefs on others.
Couple of points:

1. I was simply giving an honest answer (even though it might be a bit long-winded) to raider, who was the one who first asked me the question, "you believe in ghost?" I did not confront him, whether he liked it or not.

2. Therefore, how am I "imposing" my beliefs on raider? I have never even met him in real life, nor have I ever seen any photos of him, so I can't hurt him in any way if he doesn't agree with me.

Even if I were to say that he will end up in Hell after death if he refuses to repent before death, that is still not imposing my beliefs on him, because I'm simply sharing with him (for his own good, of course) what I believe to be the true reality of life after death, which was obviously not designed by me, but by God.

If you want to accuse anyone of "imposing" such beliefs on non-Christians, you might as well accuse God, which would be blasphemy, for which God, not I, would punish you by simply denying you entry into Heaven (if you fail to repent before your death, of course), in which case the demons would immediately drag your soul into Hell (because that's what the demons want to do; just like on earth, it's not the judge in court who does the actual imprisoning and punishing of convicted criminals, but the prison warders) to torture it in a neverending "death", whether you like it or not.

The trouble with Christians is that they judge and condemn others based on their own belief while trying to ram their faith down the throats of non-believers
If I were you, I would do well to differentiate between false Christians, who use the name of God and Jesus Christ in vain (i.e. misusing it or using it in the wrong way) in order to gain some earthly benefit (to say the least), and true Christians (or at least the actual teachings in the Four Gospels, which are the only books that contain the actual words from the mouth of Jesus Christ) who are trying their best to repent and put into practice the teachings of Jesus Christ.

not realizing that others also have a right to their own – 'illogical' as they may seem to Christians – faiths and beliefs.
And where does this "right" come from? :wink:
I would agree with you if you replaced the word "right" with "choice" because even the Christian God agrees, since it was He who made humans with free will.
But they only have the "right" (i.e. they would be in the right) to choose the Christian God and His teachings and put them into practice in their own lives; if they don't, then they would simply be in the wrong (from the Christian God's point of view, of course).

And just in case you've not seen this post of mine (which I thought might have been deleted or moved to the Trivia sub-forum because it was too religious) in another thread before:
Some years ago, after much thinking, I reached the conclusion that only God can dethrone the PAP because the PAP are simply too powerful for any group of mere Sinkie mortals to dethrone.

That does not mean that I believe that God enthroned the PAP.
God simply did not stop the enthronement of the PAP from happening, just as He has not stopped countless other sins committed all over the world from happening, simply because He wants humans to have free will, otherwise they would not be human.

(And obviously, He would like humans to use their free will to choose to do good (i.e. good in the eyes of God); and He wants humans to exist and serve Him because He is a "jealous" God, but that's not a sin for God because only He has the right to be "jealous" or even "vain", simply because He's God and even a truly good God, who knows what's best for His creatures, which is why He created them in the first place to share His Goodness with them, even though He did not, and still does not, need any service or love from His creatures, simply because He's perfect and can exist happily without bothering to create anything in the first place; but He bothered to create because He was, and still is, a loving God, who wanted, and still wants, to share His Love and Goodness with all humans; but that Divine Love and Goodness only exists in Heaven after death; that does not mean His followers should commit suicide as soon as possible; they simply have to patiently "die" a slow "death" (carrying their personal "cross") while living without sinning (and repenting for their past sins) on earth until they die in any way other than suicide.)

What He can, and will, do, is to punish those sinners who refuse to repent before they die by simply denying them entry into Heaven after they die, in order to be fair to those sinners who made the effort to repent.

In any case, those unrepentant sinners would not want to go to Heaven, simply because they are addicted to their sins, which means that immediately after they die, their departed souls would want to return to their bodies and also obviously want their bodies to become strong and healthy again, so that they can continue sinning on earth.
This is why in some folk religions (including the Chinese version), such deluded superstitious believers think that there exists some earth-like paradise after death where they can continue committing the same old sins that they have become addicted to on earth before their deaths.

As for atheists who believe that absolutely nothings exists after death, they will receive the shock of their lives (together with the above-mentioned superstitious unrepentant sinners) when they experience demons dragging their souls to Hell, simply because their belief in nothingness after death is motivated by their desire to maximize their enjoyment of their lives on earth (known as Hedonism) before they die, without having to worry about being punished for their sins after they die.

I'm afraid this is the true reality that cannot change, even if the vast majority of people either don't believe it or live their lives in such a way as if they don't believe it (while claiming to "believe").

Last edited:

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faith means shutting the eyes of reasons. That's the problem with people with faith they can continue to believe what they wanted to believe without any evidence.
Other than the testimony of, say, your grandmother, do you have any "evidence" that your ancestors from, say, one thousand years ago existed?

Also, since you have never actually seen any of those ancient ancestors of yours before, why don't you simply believe, like the Japanese emperors, that your first ancestors were your four grandparents, who were actually gods who suddenly appeared somewhere on earth, say, one hundred years ago? Why don't you believe that you are a member of such a unique family? :wink:

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
given so, will u actively or passively try to convert people to your leeligion? lol:biggrin:
Three points to answer your question:

1. I don't have any "leeligious" beliefs, but I do have religious beliefs. :wink:

2. No, I will not actively convert people, unless God Himself commissions me to do so (and a sign that it's a true commission is that I would be granted miracle-working powers), in which case I would go out on the streets and literally confront people, whether they like it or not; which is also what many false Christians do, even though they have no miracle-working powers, which is why they are false Christians.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by "passive" conversion, but I have a duty/mission from God (which is similar to, but not the same as, outright public confrontation on the streets, which is a different kind of mission from God) to answer anyone who sincerely wishes to learn from me. After that, the choice is theirs. :wink:

Public missions and miracle-working powers must go hand in hand, otherwise the missioner would have no credibility.
But private practice of one's faith, and private sharing with others who sincerely wish to understand, requires no miracle-working power.

Initially, I was hesitant to share my religious beliefs in such a public forum, but after a few tries, since my posts have yet to be deleted or moved to the Trivia sub-forum, I decided to continue; I'm aware that my sharing has become more public, so maybe I should stop, especially since nobody seems to agree. . . . :o

Raider

Three points to answer your question:

1. I don't have any "leeligious" beliefs, but I do have religious beliefs. :wink:

2. No, I will not actively convert people, unless God Himself commissions me to do so (and a sign that it's a true commission is that I would be granted miracle-working powers), in which case I would go out on the streets and literally confront people, whether they like it or not; which is also what many false Christians do, even though they have no miracle-working powers, which is why they are false Christians.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by "passive" conversion, but I have a duty/mission from God (which is similar to, but not the same as, outright public confrontation on the streets, which is a different kind of mission from God) to answer anyone who sincerely wishes to learn from me. After that, the choice is theirs. :wink:

Public missions and miracle-working powers must go hand in hand, otherwise the missioner would have no credibility.
But private practice of one's faith, and private sharing with others who sincerely wish to understand, requires no miracle-working power.

Initially, I was hesitant to share my religious beliefs in such a public forum, but after a few tries, since my posts have yet to be deleted or moved to the Trivia sub-forum, I decided to continue; I'm aware that my sharing has become more public, so maybe I should stop, especially since nobody seems to agree. . . . :o

do u agree that there is a 50% chance that there is no god given that you have not seen him or her?

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u agree that there is a 50% chance that there is no god given that you have not seen him or her?
okay, since you seem to want me to continue, I shall give you a slightly deeper answer:

Although I have never seen God with my physical eyes, I have "seen" Him with my soul's "eyes", something like a "sixth sense".
So in that sense, I have graduated from believing to knowing and "seeing" with my "sixth sense", but not with my physical sense of sight.

How? After many years of research and observation and meditation and even tears, and not just by reading the Bible.

So, no, I do not agree that "there is a 50% chance that there is no god" just because I have never seen Him (not Her, because Jesus Christ was, and still is, a man with a penis! :o) with my physical eyes; just as I do not agree that there is any chance that my grandfather's father did not exist, just because I've never seen him or his photos with my physical eyes.

Last edited:

Raider

okay, since you seem to want me to continue, I shall give you a slightly deeper answer:

Although I have never seen God with my physical eyes, I have "seen" Him with my soul's "eyes", something like a "sixth sense".
So in that sense, I have graduated from believing to knowing and "seeing" with my "sixth sense", but not with my physical sense of sight.

How? After many years of research and observation and meditation and even tears, and not just by reading the Bible.

So, no, I do not agree that "there is a 50% chance that there is no god" just because I have never seen Him (not Her, because Jesus Christ was, and still is, a man with a penis! :o) with my physical eyes; just as I do not agree that there is any chance that my grandfather's father did not exist, just because I've never seen him or his photos with my physical eyes.
there is also a 50% chance that your 6 sense is wrong, isnt it?

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is also a 50% chance that your 6 sense is wrong, isnt it?
No, there is zero chance that I'm wrong on my religious beliefs.
(And just because certain stubborn people you know in real life are wrong about certain things obviously doesn't mean that all stubborn people are wrong, although I would agree that many, or even most, are wrong.)

In my late teens to early twenties, when I started my serious research, I would agree that there's a high chance I was wrong about certain religious issues, because my faith back then was still quite weak.

According to the true Christian point of view, every human soul, from the moment it was conceived in its mother's womb, has the ability to use its "sixth sense" to sense the existence of God and Jesus Christ, simply because all human souls are direct creations by God (and not created by their parents, who vainly tend to like to think that they are the ones who created both the bodies and souls of their children, so that they can brainwash their children into being their toys and/or slaves because they "owe" their parents).

Unfortunately, the faith of the vast majority of human souls tends to weaken gradually after birth because of exposure to all kinds of evil things in this world, to say the least.

Anyway, another example to illustrate the strength of my faith is, just as jw5 dared to say:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?147355-Identity-Of-A-Manipulative-Bullying-Fucker-Scroobal&p=2394611#post2394611
Anyway I am 100% about GoldenDragon, his other monikers and his identity. I would bet my life on it, let alone my internet moniker.
so I also dare to say that I would:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?226652-Hell-was-invented-by-Church-to-instill-fear&p=2407278#post2407278
...follow His example of rather being sentenced to death (or imprisonment) than sinning (by being a slave of unrepentant sinners) to avoid such earthly punishment.

kingjamesbibleonline.org/James-2-18
"Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last Saturday, went to LIM CHU KANG cemetery to perform some rituals for my whole clans.

It easily cost 30K just to have priests , helpers , set up tentage, Power Generators, food and other stuff just to have that kind of ritual. One thing, i didn't even see a single Spirit and strangely there are no mosquitoes flying around.

Yet people complained that they are strike hard by dengue in Singapore.

Actually, my other cousins boycotted the events because they are Christians. But i am too one, yet i attended and participate in the event itself . I just can't stand people who are so self righteous. I always know that my God loves me.
perhaps the ritual costing 30k would've included the incense / joss sticks etc that cleared the mozzies all the way to the muslim and jewish cemeteries :confused:

Raider

No, there is zero chance that I'm wrong on my religious beliefs.
(And just because certain stubborn people you know in real life are wrong about certain things obviously doesn't mean that all stubborn people are wrong, although I would agree that many, or even most, are wrong.)

In my late teens to early twenties, when I started my serious research, I would agree that there's a high chance I was wrong about certain religious issues, because my faith back then was still quite weak.

According to the true Christian point of view, every human soul, from the moment it was conceived in its mother's womb, has the ability to use its "sixth sense" to sense the existence of God and Jesus Christ, simply because all human souls are direct creations by God (and not created by their parents, who vainly tend to like to think that they are the ones who created both the bodies and souls of their children, so that they can brainwash their children into being their toys and/or slaves because they "owe" their parents).

Unfortunately, the faith of the vast majority of human souls tends to weaken gradually after birth because of exposure to all kinds of evil things in this world, to say the least.

Anyway, another example to illustrate the strength of my faith is, just as jw5 dared to say:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?147355-Identity-Of-A-Manipulative-Bullying-Fucker-Scroobal&p=2394611#post2394611

so I also dare to say that I would:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?226652-Hell-was-invented-by-Church-to-instill-fear&p=2407278#post2407278

good for you. do what u believe in. its your conviction.
as long as u dont be a pest and try to convert others, i am fine.

lol:biggrin:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I ain't afraid of no ghost ..........:kma:

[video=youtube;Ag1wjUWusNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1wjUWusNA[/video]

Last edited:

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
as long as u dont be a pest and try to convert others, i am fine.
Usually in real life and even in this forum, it's the other way round, i.e. certain people (such as my own parents and the government) would confront me and try to impose their non-Christian way of life on me by outright pressure or subtle temptation (basically, manipulation). And this also happens to, I dare say, most people around the world.

As I've said before, I have no duty/mission from God to confront, let alone pester (which is what you don't want me to do, and I agree), others who are not interested; therefore, I'm also not interested in converting them, since it's a waste of time and energy that could be used for other things.

But if others bother to repeatedly question my philosophy and lifestyle in real life or online, even though I've not confronted, let alone pestered them, I will respond (otherwise, they might not stop pestering me, or maybe they would sincerely like to learn from me), unless they clearly tell me to stop or Leongsam or a moderator deletes or moves my post to the Trivia sub-forum (I'm actually quite surprised this has not happened yet).

If you've noticed, other than a few religious posts to GoldenDragon and harimau (who claim to be some kind of "Christians", but who are obviously false Christians, in my opinion), my remaining religious posts in the Courtyard have been in response to other posts, and as long as nobody bothered to reply to me, I didn't continue (just like how I also didn't continue PMing or e-mailing certain members of this forum after they did not reply :wink:).

But you and a few others, unlike jw5, have replied and even asked questions, which did not seem to be obviously rhetorical to me, so I answered them as honestly as I could, which obviously required more than a few words, in order to be as clear as possible because I don't want to risk any misunderstanding due to too few words.

Finally, if I have continued pestering anyone in this forum after they have either ignored me or clearly told me to stop, please show me those posts of mine, and I will apologize to both you and them.

Last edited:

Raider

Usually in real life and even in this forum, it's the other way round, i.e. certain people (such as my own parents and the government) would confront me and try to impose their non-Christian way of life on me by outright pressure or subtle temptation (basically, manipulation). And this also happens to, I dare say, most people around the world.

As I've said before, I have no duty/mission from God to confront, let alone pester (which is what you don't want me to do, and I agree), others who are not interested; therefore, I'm also not interested in converting them, since it's a waste of time and energy that could be used for other things.

But if others bother to repeatedly question my philosophy and lifestyle in real life or online, even though I've not confronted, let alone pestered them, I will respond (otherwise, they might not stop pestering me, or maybe they would sincerely like to learn from me), unless they clearly tell me to stop or Leongsam or a moderator deletes or moves my post to the Trivia sub-forum (I'm actually quite surprised this has not happened yet).

If you've noticed, other than a few religious posts to GoldenDragon and harimau (who claim to be some kind of "Christians", but who are obviously false Christians, in my opinion), my remaining religious posts in the Courtyard have been in response to other posts, and as long as nobody bothered to reply to me, I didn't continue (just like how I also didn't continue PMing or e-mailing certain members of this forum after they did not reply :wink:).

But you and a few others, unlike jw5, have replied and even asked questions, which did not seem to be obviously rhetorical to me, so I answered them as honestly as I could, which obviously required more than a few words, in order to be as clear as possible because I don't want to risk any misunderstanding due to too few words.

Finally, if I have continued pestering anyone in this forum after they have either ignored me or clearly told me to stop, please show me those posts of mine, and I will apologize to both you and them.
your point noted. lol:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get tis newly launched device from sony ...

[video=youtube;9UWbASEi7_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UWbASEi7_o[/video] ...

sony woh! ... trusted brand leh ...

jw5

Loyal
get tis newly launched device from sony ...
[video=youtube;9UWbASEi7_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UWbASEi7_o[/video] ...

sony woh! ... trusted brand leh ...

This must be used by the modern day Ghostbusters! :biggrin: