• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Gen Y Speaks: I am an overseas graduate starting a new career as prime mover driver. And I’m proud of it

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case what even is the point of the education system.it doesn't matter how carefully u think when considering tertiary education....like u said only those from the top top top....... top unis,top degrees,top honours will get the jobs,the other 90 percent would have been for nought,wasted 14 years of their lives......we should just tell the first graders and primary oners forget it......just prepare urselves for a career at prime Amazon driver.the odds are heavily stacked against them, 90 to 10.....at this point,good doesn't even cut it,even every good doesn't even cut it anymore,u can be an em1 student,special stream,o levels all A1.....and there will still be a 50 to 70 percent chance u won't make it to the starting line......

This man future is very bright?u just said so urself,he made a very bad decision when it came to tertiary education,more likely he couldn't make it it the first place,he's a prime mover driver for Christ sake.a delivery goods driver something any Tom dick and Harry with a n level cert could have done in the 80s.
Being a prime mover driver in singkieland needs skills. N it's not easy. U try driving one in the streets of singkieland. N if the truck stops the economy stops. The essential items that end up on supermarket shelves is done via teleportation?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
not really lah.nowadays parental or relatives connection make a difference whether you get a job.big companies all pretend they go thru due process of interviewing many candidates but the back already agree liao with connected people
Tat is why he should join the PA etc n get into the right circle. That might help him

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case what even is the point of the education system.it doesn't matter how carefully u think when considering tertiary education....like u said only those from the top top top....... top unis,top degrees,top honours will get the jobs,the other 90 percent would have been for nought,wasted 14 years of their lives......we should just tell the first graders and primary oners forget it......just prepare urselves for a career at prime Amazon driver.the odds are heavily stacked against them, 90 to 10.....at this point,good doesn't even cut it,even every good doesn't even cut it anymore,u can be an em1 student,special stream,o levels all A1.....and there will still be a 50 to 70 percent chance u won't make it to the starting line......

This man future is very bright?u just said so urself,he made a very bad decision when it came to tertiary education,more likely he couldn't make it it the first place,he's a prime mover driver for Christ sake.a delivery goods driver something any Tom dick and Harry with a n level cert could have done in the 80s.
This is not about absolutes...like everything else in life it is almost always grey instead...also life is a marathon not a sprint...

Sound solid education is an important building block in life...but it is just one factor...end of the day you should try to do something you really love because then you would try your utmost to succeed...

There will always be opportunities out there...oh and you don't require an Oxbridge/Ivy League education to find the same...it is up to the individual to go find them...for instance, the digital world has created a whole new horizon...

As for young Andy Wong, chap is just 26 years old, he has got his whole life ahead of him. And I maintain that he has quite a bright future ahead of him, because what he is doing now shows that he has the ability to adapt and be resilient. He does not appear to give in to rejection and failure. What he has learnt over the last six months could never be learnt in University (undergrad/grad/doctorate), Oxbridge/Ivy League or otherwise.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being a prime mover driver in singkieland needs skills. N it's not easy. U try driving one in the streets of singkieland. N if the truck stops the economy stops. The essential items that end up on supermarket shelves is done via teleportation?

What.....?have u seen who drives one of those trucks that delivers goods to supermarkets, petrol stations and restaurants at 3am in the morning?they are usually banglas or south Asians or malaysians.if it's so important and so hard why aren't they paid more than $1,200 a month just like all the other poor "essential" workers that had to work during covid 19 and still make the same miserable shytty wage?

Oh right because no one wants to do those goddam jobs with shytty pay they had to drag people from all over the world poorest shytholes to do it for peanuts.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not about absolutes...like everything else in life it is almost always grey instead...also life is a marathon not a sprint...

Sound solid education is an important building block in life...but it is just one factor...end of the day you should try to do something you really love because then you would try your utmost to succeed...

There will always be opportunities out there...oh and you don't require an Oxbridge/Ivy League education to find the same...it is up to the individual to go find them...for instance, the digital world has created a whole new horizon...

As for young Andy Wong, chap is just 26 years old, he has got his whole life ahead of him. And I maintain that he has quite a bright future ahead of him, because what he is doing now shows that he has the ability to adapt and be resilient. He does not appear to give in to rejection and failure. What he has learnt over the last six months could never be learnt in University (undergrad/grad/doctorate), Oxbridge/Ivy League or otherwise.

He's 26?unless by some miracle he skipped NS I don't think he's 26.... especially not when he graduated more than 3 years ago back in 2016 or 2017....

Yes yes u could say he could have a bright future ahead just like every late 20 something soon to be 30 have a bright future ahead,everyone could rise to the top and we all could be winners,which of course is impossible,statistically and realistically.if everyone are winners......what's the point of winning and say u are from Cambridge,Harvard or mit?

The more likely scenario is he has hit the bottom not rock bottom in his life yet,unless he's a edmwer bbfa,but the bottom in terms of career choices and is facing desperation.

And idealistically we would all like to say that the education system is just enlightening and purifying the mind and a personal journey.....if we were just there to learn,I would choose to spend all day reading books whether fiction or non fiction and on subjects and genres that interests me,than forcing myself to cram all kinds of nonsense and turn it into some competition to see who can

That's not farking true,the education system or its purpose is to train us to be robots and to prepare us to make a living in the future.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn you all, last time, when i was taxi driver although i graduated with a BEng(hons) EEE, you all laughed at me! i also bit the bullet but i ended up in melb.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's 26?unless by some miracle he skipped NS I don't think he's 26.... especially not when he graduated more than 3 years ago back in 2016 or 2017....

Yes yes u could say he could have a bright future ahead just like every late 20 something soon to be 30 have a bright future ahead,everyone could rise to the top and we all could be winners,which of course is impossible,statistically and realistically.if everyone are winners......what's the point of winning and say u are from Cambridge,Harvard or mit?

The more likely scenario is he has hit the bottom not rock bottom in his life yet,unless he's a edmwer bbfa,but the bottom in terms of career choices and is facing desperation.

And idealistically we would all like to say that the education system is just enlightening and purifying the mind and a personal journey.....if we were just there to learn,I would choose to spend all day reading books whether fiction or non fiction and on subjects and genres that interests me,than forcing myself to cram all kinds of nonsense and turn it into some competition to see who can

That's not farking true,the education system or its purpose is to train us to be robots and to prepare us to make a living in the future.
On Andy Wong's age...well assuming he went into NS at 18 and NS is 2 years,then he would have ord at 20. If I am not mistaken the course he took at Hull University is 3 years. So that would make him 23 or thereabouts when he graduated. So him now being 26 should be plausible.

As for the rest of your above piece...I stand by what I said previously...just to add, we should all try to search for our own meaning of happiness, whatever that may be...and don't get caught up by external factors...look within to find the answer.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
What.....?have u seen who drives one of those trucks that delivers goods to supermarkets, petrol stations and restaurants at 3am in the morning?they are usually banglas or south Asians or malaysians.if it's so important and so hard why aren't they paid more than $1,200 a month just like all the other poor "essential" workers that had to work during covid 19 and still make the same miserable shytty wage?

Oh right because no one wants to do those goddam jobs with shytty pay they had to drag people from all over the world poorest shytholes to do it for peanuts.
That is bcos in singkie land there are no labour rights. So such jobs r offered at a low price to boost profits n bonuses for senior managers. If such jobs are offered at a proper rate taking into account cost of living there will b local takers. Anyway cheap foreign workers are good for the pap. N I hope this chap is just using the job as a stepping stone so that he can concentrate on his investigative journalism at a later date...its his life anyway