• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE 2016/15 speculation

yenwei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder which constituencies will be contested. Definitely we know that PAP will contest all seats. :(

GRCs
- Aljunied (WP)
- Ang Mo Kio (NSP?)
- Bishan-Toa Payoh (SPP)
- Chua Chu Kang (NSP)
- East Coast (WP)
- Holland-Bukit Timah (SDP)
- Jurong GRC (NSP & SDP?)
- Marine Parade (NSP)
- Moulmein-Kallang (?)
- Nee Soon (WP)
- Pasir Ris-Punggol (WP? & SDA)
- Sembawang GRC (SDP)
- Tampines (NSP & WP?)
- Tanjong Pagar (SDP?)
- West Coast (RP)

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My take:

- Aljunied (WP)
- Ang Mo Kio (RP)
- Bishan-Toa Payoh (SPP)
- Chua Chu Kang (NSP)
- East Coast (WP)
- Holland-Bukit Timah (SDP)
- Jurong GRC (NSP)
- Marine Parade (NSP)
- Moulmein-Kallang (WP)
- Nee Soon (WP)
- Pasir Ris-Punggol (SDA)
- Sembawang GRC (SDP)
- Tampines (WP)
- Tanjong Pagar (DPP)
- West Coast (RP)

yenwei

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMCs (Parties keen to be interested/ Witnessed walking in the area)
- Bukit Panjang (SDP)
- Hong Kah North (?)
- Hougang (WP)
- Joo Chiat (WP)
- Mountbatten (NSP)
- Pioneer (?)
- Potong Pasir (SPP)
- Punggol East (SDA & WP)
- Radin Mas (?)
- Sengkang West (SDA & WP)
- Whampoa (?)
- Yuhua (NSP & SDP)

Any clarifications or any suggestions, feel free to add yours. :smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
if the old fart konks out in 2014, i wouldn't be surprised if an election is called there after in the same year :p:p:p

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMCs (Parties keen to be interested/ Witnessed walking in the area)
- Bukit Panjang (SDP)
- Hong Kah North (?)
- Hougang (WP)
- Joo Chiat (WP)
- Mountbatten (NSP)
- Pioneer (?)
- Potong Pasir (SPP)
- Punggol East (SDA & WP)
- Radin Mas (?)
- Sengkang West (SDA & WP)
- Whampoa (?)
- Yuhua (NSP & SDP)

Any clarifications or any suggestions, feel free to add yours. :smile:

SMCs are more dynamic (higher interest and competition, appearing from and disappearing) so I will not hazard any guess.

yenwei

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP MPs/Ministers that are likely to retire/leave?
- Emeritus SM Goh
- Former PM/MM Lee Kuan Yew
- Mah Bow Tan
- Minister Lim Swee Say
- Wong Kan Seng
- Charles Chong
- Lee Bee Wah
- Sam Tan
- Minister K Shanmugam
- Seng Han Thong
- Minister Lim Hng Kiang
- Inderjit Singh
- Halimah Yacob
- Minister Teo Chee Hean
- Hawazi Daipi
- Lily Neo
- Raymond Lim
- Cedric Foo

Feel free to discuss or add more if you want to.

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP MPs/Ministers that are likely to retire/leave?
- Emeritus SM Goh
- Former PM/MM Lee Kuan Yew
- Mah Bow Tan
- Minister Lim Swee Say
- Wong Kan Seng
- Charles Chong
- Lee Bee Wah
- Sam Tan
- Minister K Shanmugam
- Seng Han Thong
- Minister Lim Hng Kiang
- Inderjit Singh
- Halimah Yacob
- Minister Teo Chee Hean
- Hawazi Daipi
- Lily Neo
- Raymond Lim
- Cedric Foo

Feel free to discuss or add more if you want to.

At this stage I cannot see reasons for any of the highlighted leaving/retiring. Maybe you have reasons for them leaving/retiring.
But I see them being around till 2020.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These 10 will stand the highest chance of not running in 2016. There should be around 5 more at least.

Lee Kuan Yew
Goh Chok Tong
Lim Hng Kiang
Mah Bow Tan
Wong Kan Seng
Charles Chong
Hawazi Daipi
Irene Ng
Lily Neo
Seng Han Thong

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, log back in already.
Will Khaw run this time?

It is very possible he will run, but then as was the case with MBT, WKS and RL, it would be announced just after the next GE that he will step down as minister and move to the backbench. (The departure of the 3 plus GCT and LKY just after GE2011 set the template, i.e., precedence, for such an exercise). I also see that as possibly for LHK.

Those who are looking for a large turnover of PAP MPs before the next GE might not be correct. I say that because suitable replacements, i.e., a large new cohort of heavyweight PAP candidates, might not materialise. PAP can get any number of candidates, but suitable, heavyweight personalities might not answer the party's call this time round.

Incidentally, KBW would be an electoral liability in most places except in Sembawang where the opposition in the form of SDP cannot make a dent there.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
It is very possible he will run, but then as was the case with MBT, WKS and RL, it would be announced just after the next GE that he will step down as minister and move to the backbench. (The departure of the 3 plus GCT and LKY just after GE2011 set the template, i.e., precedence, for such an exercise). I also see that as possibly for LHK.

Those who are looking for a large turnover of PAP MPs before the next GE might not be correct. I say that because suitable replacements, i.e., a large new cohort of heavyweight PAP candidates, might not materialise. PAP can get any number of candidates, but suitable, heavyweight personalities might not answer the party's call this time round.

Incidentally, KBH would be an electoral liability in most places except in Sembawang where the opposition in the form of SDP cannot make a dent there.

Oh, thanks for the reply, good points.

Fantastic term - "heavyweight". :wink:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP should contest wherever RP is contesting........RP basically macam like RIP liao............even if WP can't win in those 3-corner fights.......in 2021, even more voters will swing from RP to WP................RP totally irrelevant liao

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP should contest wherever RP is contesting........RP basically macam like RIP liao............even if WP can't win in those 3-corner fights.......in 2021, even more voters will swing from RP to WP................RP totally irrelevant liao

We can be certain that WP will be expanding and looking to compete in more than just the 23 seats from GE2011, but I think they will still mainly stick to the East Side, possibly taking over Pasir Ris GRC and Tampinese GRC. If they are really aggressive they may even go into Bishan Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio or Marine Parade.

We can expect to see our first 3-corner fights in a GRC in GE2016

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does anyone know the minimum attendance in Parliament required to remain an MP?

He is already retired. Seldom attend parleement n for.decades never go mps..the issue is pap wont let anyone else contest TP. So might walk over again.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can be certain that WP will be expanding and looking to compete in more than just the 23 seats from GE2011, but I think they will still mainly stick to the East Side, possibly taking over Pasir Ris GRC and Tampinese GRC. If they are really aggressive they may even go into Bishan Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio or Marine Parade.

We can expect to see our first 3-corner fights in a GRC in GE2016

SDP will take on WP GRCs...