• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE 2016/15 speculation

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY to retire? No chance unless he dies before then.

If he had passed away 5 years ago or passes away before 2016, he would have died in office. No one including himself expected that he will live that long, and 90 is the age where your basic faculties will fail before you die, so it will be too ridiculous to run a campaign from a wheelchair and I believe he will step down after 2016.

Many people used to think he will be PM forever, or he will stay in cabinet forever, or he will become president. All these didn't materialize.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the old man live long... beyond even GE2016, to see his beloved PAP thrashed! Seeing his doggies abandoning him will be that day!

Lets hope he does not die so early. Only thing is we poor sinkies will have to continue to pay fat salaries - for him and his doggies.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can be certain that WP will be expanding and looking to compete in more than just the 23 seats from GE2011, but I think they will still mainly stick to the East Side, possibly taking over Pasir Ris GRC and Tampinese GRC. If they are really aggressive they may even go into Bishan Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio or Marine Parade.

We can expect to see our first 3-corner fights in a GRC in GE2016

only way for WP to go 3-way fight in GRC is to go where RP and SDA are..................these 2 weakest................otherwise PAP win for sure

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can be certain that WP will be expanding and looking to compete in more than just the 23 seats from GE2011, but I think they will still mainly stick to the East Side, possibly taking over Pasir Ris GRC and Tampinese GRC. If they are really aggressive they may even go into Bishan Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio or Marine Parade.

We can expect to see our first 3-corner fights in a GRC in GE2016

Tampines GRC is confirm. Pasir Ris Ponggol GRC very likely since it an extension of Ponggol East SMC. Bishan GRC unlikely out of respect for CST. AMK GRC unlikely until WP is ready to extend westward. Marine Parade GRC possible if Joo Chiat is merge into it.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tampines GRC is confirm. Pasir Ris Ponggol GRC very likely since it an extension of Ponggol East SMC. Bishan GRC unlikely out of respect for CST. AMK GRC unlikely until WP is ready to extend westward. Marine Parade GRC possible if Joo Chiat is merge into it.

There's a chance WP will win all their seats so they shouldn't be too ambitious and just stick to one more GRC at the most. Apart from the 5 who were expelled or resigned, there are 7 candidates who should not be fielded if they had better choices. Angela Oon of course is one and crying Dr Watson is another.

That leaves only 11 good ones and you need another 12 just to reach the same 23 in 2011. One more GRC and you need 28 more good ones. Not easy to find. If you win and screw up or infighting starts, good luck.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a chance WP will win all their seats so they shouldn't be too ambitious and just stick to one more GRC at the most. Apart from the 5 who were expelled or resigned, there are 7 candidates who should not be fielded if they had better choices. Angela Oon of course is one and crying Dr Watson is another.

That leaves only 11 good ones and you need another 12 just to reach the same 23 in 2011. One more GRC and you need 28 more good ones. Not easy to find. If you win and screw up or infighting starts, good luck

WP does not have the resources to take the PAP head on; in fact the PAP will be too happy if LTH/SL decide on this strategy....as this will exhuast and burn out the WP....LTK himself is wise enough to comment that the WP is not ready yet to form the govt

WP has limited resources of good canidates for the GE; at best they probably have enough for 1 more GRC + another 1-2 SMC with a >60% of winning

LKY - it may well be a disaster for the PAP if he choses to stand and defend his seat

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tend to concur.

These 10 will stand the highest chance of not running in 2016. There should be around 5 more at least.

Lee Kuan Yew
Goh Chok Tong
Lim Hng Kiang
Mah Bow Tan
Wong Kan Seng
Charles Chong
Hawazi Daipi
Irene Ng
Lily Neo
Seng Han Thong

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I doubt that SPP will have the manpower to compete in Bishan-TPY GRC, having lost most of the candidates that competed in GE2011 to the DPP.
I've got a feeling that DPP will be targeting Bishan-TPY, and WP may just step in to force a 3CF

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP will take on 3 GRCs, Aljunied included. Unless they are gun-ho.

SDP unpredictable: They may try for the two lion's den--no good luck to them there.

NSP--might as well flop out ans just do the small seats.

Don't care about the other parties. RP best to dissolve.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt that SPP will have the manpower to compete in Bishan-TPY GRC, having lost most of the candidates that competed in GE2011 to the DPP.
I've got a feeling that DPP will be targeting Bishan-TPY, and WP may just step in to force a 3CF

Very hard for new party or rejuvenated one like DPP to gain entry into the already saturated space. Either they form alliance with existing party or enter 3CF and lost their deposit.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

another mickey mouse party....................DPP...............simi lanjiao.............

i suspect all these people from small opposition parties are working for the PAP...............to make opposition look jialat

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP have been walking around Joo Chiat SMC in recent weeks and put paid to the old "managed perception" that you only see the Opposition once every 5 years. In fact, I've seen more of WP than PAP in my constituency. Either PAP given up or they already plan to "divide and conquer" Joo Chiat by splitting it up in GE16 so no need to waste time

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Either PAP given up or they already plan to "divide and conquer" Joo Chiat by splitting it up in GE16 so no need to waste time

dissolving Joo Chiat SMC into MPGRC & ECGRC? i welcome that move, then both MPGRC & ECGRC can fall at the same time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not necessarily. It is easier for the Chiams than the others to have 3 qualified candidates at the last minute, which is all they need for a team.

Very hard for new party or rejuvenated one like DPP to gain entry into the already saturated space. Either they form alliance with existing party or enter 3CF and lost their deposit.

Not necessarily. A 3CF between DPP and RP or SDA, the party that will lose deposit is unclear. Unless it is a 3CF between DPP and WP.

i suspect all these people from small opposition parties are working for the PAP...............to make opposition look jialat

With the rise of WP, such a strategy may not work anymore. In the past, every party was equal in strength and this was to the PAP's advantage. Today, if the opposition is split, WP's prominence will rise.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP may be adventurous with Pritam leading a team in one GRC, and another WP big wig (not from the A GRC team) in another. That's it. LLL stays in PE (if that place still exists by then), CSM again sidelined.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
dissolving Joo Chiat SMC into MPGRC & ECGRC? i welcome that move, then both MPGRC & ECGRC can fall at the same time

joo chiat sure will cut into 2......pro PAP will go to EC....pro WP will go to MP...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Best is DPP contest Tanjong Pagar,,,

SPP contest Bishan- Toa Payoh and Potong Pasir

WP Contest Aljunied, East Coast, Tampinese and Marine Parade,

the rest can contest the other GRCs..WP is the only one that can win against the PAP if the other 3rd rate oppos dont mess things up. Lets face it we need more responsible oppos,,so far only WP can deliver,,,DPP have potential,,for SPP,,CST is old and sick,,,if they dont get good new blood in,,they are a goner..by right,,with Ben Phwe in SPP,,,there is chance but now,,I dont feel positive about it.....just my rants