• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE 2011 Retribution

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very unfortunate that the mandate is not 100% for PAP. In fact, the national average has swung down, from previously 66% to 60%. Worse, a GRC has been taken by the Opposition. I fear that the people of the Singapore, those who wisely voted for PAP, will suffer for nothing. If only the repercussions would fall only on those who voted against PAP! But since those who voted are all Singaporeans, then all must partake in the same punishment. Some of you may scoff and laugh, but the reality is very daunting. Do not for one moment think that the PAP will let this go without retribution! For the next five years everyone will suffer because of the impulsive actions of the new voters. We have five years to repent, please, when the next election comes, do what is right for Singapore. Don't be so selfish, think about those who will suffer because the mandate was lowered. I'm not a PAP supporter, but a true Singapore supporter. And if I have to support the PAP to make Singapore better for everyone, I'm willing to make the sacrifice. But why must there be sacrifice in the first place? If you live here and call this place home, then please do not let things come to a head where the PAP has to punish people to put them in their place. Please, enough of retribution, it's time to co-exist with our rulers, not keep prodding them. So until the next election, take heart, I'll be suffering the consequences of this GE with you.

Yours Sincerely
A True Singaporean for Singapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got this email from someone who is very concerned about the GE results. If, with a resounding mandate of 75%, the PAP treats people like shit, what more with a lowered mandate of 60%? You must understand, not everyone in Singapore is so fortunate to be relatively unaffected by PAP. Those who keep poking and prodding PAP is only making PAP implement more policies that causes others to suffer even more. So have a heart, don't always go against PAP, or else others will suffer for nothing. By the way, I'm not one of those who are not unaffected, so I sympathise with the writer. History has shown that those who claim to speak up the most for those who suffer eventually causes them to suffer even more.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nice effort. I have an opening for you at the Jerry Springer show if u are keen. send me your contact details by private message.

It is very unfortunate that the mandate is not 100% for PAP. In fact, the national average has swung down, from previously 66% to 60%. Worse, a GRC has been taken by the Opposition. I fear that the people of the Singapore, those who wisely voted for PAP, will suffer for nothing. If only the repercussions would fall only on those who voted against PAP! But since those who voted are all Singaporeans, then all must partake in the same punishment. Some of you may scoff and laugh, but the reality is very daunting. Do not for one moment think that the PAP will let this go without retribution! For the next five years everyone will suffer because of the impulsive actions of the new voters. We have five years to repent, please, when the next election comes, do what is right for Singapore. Don't be so selfish, think about those who will suffer because the mandate was lowered. I'm not a PAP supporter, but a true Singapore supporter. And if I have to support the PAP to make Singapore better for everyone, I'm willing to make the sacrifice. But why must there be sacrifice in the first place? If you live here and call this place home, then please do not let things come to a head where the PAP has to punish people to put them in their place. Please, enough of retribution, it's time to co-exist with our rulers, not keep prodding them. So until the next election, take heart, I'll be suffering the consequences of this GE with you.

Yours Sincerely
A True Singaporean for Singapore