• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GAY SINGAPOREAN: I was raped in a gay sauna, and the rapists infected me with HIV

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“I was raped in a gay sauna, and the rapists infected me with HIV.” – Sunny’s Story

Gay bathhouses, also known as gay saunas, are commercial bathhouses for men to have sex with other men. In gay slang in some regions in the West, they are knows as “the baths”. In Singapore and Malaysia, they are known colloquially as “saunas”. Not all men who visit gay saunas consider themselves gay, regardless of their sexual behaviour.

Records of men meeting for sex with other men in bathhouses date back to the 15thcentury. That’s pretty ancient!

From the mid-1980s (during the AIDS epidemic) onward, there was fierce lobbying against gay saunas blaming them for the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), especially HIV, and many were forced to close as a result. Neither the claim that gay saunas are responsible for the spread of STDs, nor the claim that they are not, has been conclusively proved, but it is known that STDs are spread via unprotected sex.

Sunny is a 33-year-old bisexual Singaporean guy who has just tested positive for HIV. Having visited a gay sauna in a foreign country, he relates his horrific experience of being raped by two unknown men in a gay sauna in a foreign country. He adds, “I am no weakling but they were much more stronger than me, only letting go of me after I hurt myself in the struggle to escape. I did not make a police report as I didn’t know how things would turn out.”

Sunny had noticed that the rapist was wearing a condom so STDs did not cross his mind one bit. But several weeks later when back home in Singapore, he fell very ill and experienced diarrhoea, fever, vomiting and severe weight loss for about five weeks. He had to admit himself to a hospital, where he was finally advised to take a HIV test. It was a positive result.

Au.jpg

Sunny enthuses, “I did not think it was possible at all and I thought the doctors were barking up the wrong tree. I was shocked when it was confirmed. At that moment, all my plans shattered!” To him, all seemed at a loss, like all doors were slamming shut on him. Sunny was worried about his career prospects and gone were any hopes of reconciliation with his ex partner, or marriage plans, even.

Being a newly diagnosed PLHIV, Sunny has yet to be on HIV anti retroviral (ARV) medications. According to the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) guidelines, doctors recommend HIV ARV medications if an individual’s CD4 count is at 500 or lower. Sunny’s CD4 count at first test was below 300 and as he was newly exposed to the virus, doctors believed that his CD4 count would improve, and indeed, it did 2 months later to a mid-400s level. It would be wise to think that Sunny’s CD4 count would rise at the subsequent blood test and it would be ultimately up to him on when to begin medications.

Having read HIV/AIDS health resource websites like www.TheBody.com, www.aids.organd www.healthline.com, Sunny is still hesitant about having to start HIV medications, which is a common worry many newly diagnosed individuals face. The usual dilemma many have is the worry about side effects from the pills, and regimented daily adherence.

Sunny still has his HIV diagnosis under tight lip, having only told his very close friends, in the hopes that they would have his support and understanding, and also so they could inform his family should anything untoward happen to him. He has chosen not to inform his family because he fears they might be devastated at the news, and especially how he got infected in the first place (in a gay sauna). He advises newly diagnosed PLHIV on coming out to family, “It really depends on how close you are with your family, you have to gauge on your own whether your family can take such jarring news in a positive light.”

Sunny feels that getting tested should be routine for everyone, and feels that other Singaporeans who are afraid to go get tested for HIV and other STDs should do so. Counsellors and doctors attending to you will be compassionate and supportive of your situation and will try their best as health care providers to be a comfort to you. He reminds readers that the Ministry of Health has to be notified once a Singapore resident (both citizens or work-permit holders) tests positive for HIV. Doctors will know once the data is keyed into the medical records and they are ordered to be mindful that they are dealing with a HIV positive person. He does however feel that doctors at the public clinic that see him are a little judgemental.

Sunny ends with a few words, “I went through Denial, Anger, Regret, Depression and finally Acceptance. It’s not like I can turn back time or pop a miracle pill. As the staff nurse shared, it’s like having High Blood Pressure or Diabetes, conditions that require long-term medication. HIV is not a death sentence. I didn’t believe her at first, but now it’s become a lifeline. Suicide is not an option. She also cautioned me against taking ‘revenge’ or trying to spread it to others as it was against the law —— not that I would want anyone else to catch it, though. It’s scary enough to be living with HIV, not being able to take some of my favourite food, or refrain from visiting public pools so that chances of catching some waterborne parasite is lowered. It’s shit to have a weakened immune system. I don’t know how anyone can even think of passing it to someone else. But I am certain things will get better soon, and I am hopeful.”

roy-the-heart-truths.jpg

Sunny’s story of HIV infection from a gay sauna is shocking but it is not uncommon. Many men who frequent these places think that once you are in such premises and dressed only in a towel (or even naked on those “full moon party” nights), it means you have given the green light for any kind of sexual contact. Many sauna-goers forget that sauna etiquette still applies, even when all patrons are in the nude and frolicking about.No means no. You have the choice to refuse advances from another man, and if he does not respect that, you have the right to tell him to fuck off and use a little force to push him away if need be.

Know your rights as a sauna-goer and as an individual before you visit a gay sauna for some enjoyment.

Stay Safe, boys.

Source:
http://pozboysg.tumblr.com/post/73202159325/i-was-raped-in-a-gay-sauna-a...

- See more at: http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/gay-singaporean-i-was-raped-gay-sauna#sthash.AZQP8pxV.dpuf

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kan nin lau bu eh chau cheebye
kan nin tua chee eh virgin cheebye

why is this news related to Alex and Roy?

fuck your mother and daughter and sister
and let the african big dick sodomise your sons and fathers

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw roy's picture and i was thinking kind of a coincidence it was posted when his case vs the pm is ongoing.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The photos are irrelevant to the article.

Agenda-driven, no?
No fuck use hehe....
Roy's supporters are growing and the movement is gaining momentum....can't stop.
You insinuate that he's gay....truth or not no one cares....in any case maybe it will see increased donations from LGBTs.....
Either way Arse Loong is fucked....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
castrate all gays, problem solved

Yes, for once, I agree with a fucktard like you. ALl gays should be castrated, starting with PM gay Loong. After he is castrated, singapore's problems will be solved with a new PM.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
10367141_10152245192047730_4051791334797736711_n.jpg

DANGERS OF 'GAY' SEX

Remember this case reported in The New Paper 29 Sept 2013?
Man found naked, hanging from a metal chain in 'Gay' Sex Club
"Many of the rooms have all-around mirrors, a single mattress, a toilet paper dispenser and a holder for lubricant and condoms. Several had "themed" furnishings, with erotic apparel for "Bondage, Discipline, Sadism and Masochism" (BDSM) practices, he said.
They then saw a naked body hanging from a metal chain around its neck. The chain was part of a group of four hanging from the top corners of a rectangular metal frame.
A soiled towel stained with his semen lay nearby.
A bottle of "Rush Ultra Strong", a sex-enhancing liquid incense, was on top of a short saddle-bench.
Five men who have been to Club One Seven told The New Paper on Wednesday said it was a "cruising ground" for homosexual men.
Cruising is a term used by the homosexual community to describe seeking out one or multiple sex partners in a public place.
If they hit it off, themed rooms are available on the upper floor for sex.
Some rooms have dungeon themes, with prison bars and leather harnesses for members to play out their fantasies."
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/man-found-hanged-boat-quay-gay-sex-club?page=0,0

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Sunny deserves our sympathy....very ai wan to get the disease like that.

Should not drag Roy into the picture lah. His pending law suit against pinky is about whether pinky had misappropriate our CPF monies, whether he is gay or straight or bi does not really matter.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How can any man be rape by another man if he don't frequent that sort of places when he should know better. Why don't he go Poseidon for sauna instead and see if he complain.