• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Function 8 - a honeytrap

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, its the usual lot that has its origins in CPM. Though Communism is more or less dead and gone, these were major players and either have been incarcerated or in exile for a long time and they are bitter. They were also smart and had leadership qualities which comes with egos. Many had lost their fruitful years and want payback. Others still can't help missing the adrenalin of operating and living in a clandestine manner. Some have become little Maos and Lees - enjoy manipulating the lesser ones and cannot give up.

Suggest you read about Operation Spectrum online and draw your own conclusions. There is a gentleman called Leonard Low who did some work on the Operation Spectrum under the nom de plume "Kampung Academic" and pulled in it a lot of articles. Its not very orderly but you should get the picture. When Operation Spectrum first began, the authorities led Singaporeans to belief that the Church was the focus but did not show the link to CPM but merely suggested it. When the 9 of released detainees claimed torture, the Authorities went deeper into CPM links and roles played by the main culprits. For example the use of coded messages, one on one couriers etc - all the hallmarks of clandestine operations and subversion.

Interesting thread but, pardon my language, who the fuck are these shadowy puppet masters?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You see the latest diatribe she wrote about the arrest of Teo Soh Lung and Roy Ngerng. This ones clearly tells me she knows he difference between local protocol for Police investigation and what in the US for instance and was clearly playing to foreign interest.

I have no doubt that when Shanmugam passed that message to Remy, she was the intended audience.

And only outside involvement can trigger a peaceful change. When people get fed up, there will be killing and lynching. The PAP days are numbered.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, its the usual lot that has its origins in CPM. Though Communism is more or less dead and gone, these were major players and either have been incarcerated or in exile for a long time and they are bitter. They were also smart and had leadership qualities which comes with egos. Many had lost their fruitful years and want payback. Others still can't help missing the adrenalin of operating and living in a clandestine manner. Some have become little Maos and Lees - enjoy manipulating the lesser ones and cannot give up.

Suggest you read about Operation Spectrum online and draw your own conclusions. There is a gentleman called Leonard Low who did some work on the Operation Spectrum under the nom de plume "Kampung Academic" and pulled in it a lot of articles. Its not very orderly but you should get the picture. When Operation Spectrum first began, the authorities led Singaporeans to belief that the Church was the focus but did not show the link to CPM but merely suggested it. When the 9 of released detainees claimed torture, the Authorities went deeper into CPM links and roles played by the main culprits. For example the use of coded messages, one on one couriers etc - all the hallmarks of clandestine operations and subversion.

External help to dethrone the PAP is gladly appreciated. Sinkees need to be led.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is somewhat similar in theme to what Tharman said in St Gallen in Stephen Sacker interview.

Our challenge is get the right sort of foreign help and intervention. Something that our "activists" struggle with. To them any white man is manna form heaven.

In the same week:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Rrlj0ODbpgmmw9O74znelraBIXjIBcGkXfzFMUxUsZI/viewform

Ironic as even Bilahari commented that the petitioners themselves may have been susceptible to external influence as part of the rising "cultural wars".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way Kirsten Han's name is missing from the petition despite kbkp on this topic. Anyone can guess why???

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Note the very first sentence of this statement/petition which shows the clear work of the hidden hands and gives the game way. Why the - "immediate return of all confiscated property to Teo Soh Lung and Roy Ngerng" as the opening line. Why not start with challenging the authorities for investigating Teo and Roy on a law that is so unclear and unfair. I can more or less guess that the person who drafted this did not sign the statement.

ScrewedBalls' style is always vague insinuations aka Shit Times. Instead of tackling the substantive issues raised by the petition or any other criticisms against the PAP Gahbrament head on, he focuses on the "shadowy" backgrounds and motives of the critics and plays to low crass peasants' psychological weakness by alluding to "invisible hands".

We, the undersigned are gravely concerned by the ongoing police investigations into alleged breaches by Roy Ngerng and Teo Soh Lung of the Cooling Off Day rules.

We are disquieted by the seizure of their property from their homes, in particular without warrant, and the wholesale and indiscriminate archiving of broad swathes of their personal data. These excessive and intimidating measures are completely disproportionate to any harm alleged to have been caused by the actions of Ngerng and Teo.

To openly express a political view – including and especially views on party politics – is the fundamental right of every member of society. If we are to achieve a democratic society where legislators and the government are truly representative of the values and wishes of citizens, every individual must be free to fearlessly express their views of politicians, parties and electoral processes.

To talk about high falutin ideals like democracy, freedom of speech and assembly, etc are beyond the low IQ of average Sinkies. However, any person of not too low IQ, even ScrewedBalls himself, can understand that invasion of the home of an ordinary citizen and confiscation of property found therein WITHOUT A PROPER WARRANT by so-called police officers is a grave violation and if the average Sinkie doesn't speak out against this, it might happen to him too. There's nothing wrong with appealing to the populace's self-interest when canvassing for a cause. Even ScrewedBalls knows that, hence the need to allude to non-existent "invisible hands".

Last edited:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers scroobal. I'll have a read.

This is not some honeytrap so that ISD can track that I surf Operation Spectrum right? :biggrin:

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
ScrewedBalls' style is always vague insinuations aka Shit Times. Instead of tackling the substantive issues raised by the petition or any other criticisms against the PAP Gahbrament head on, he focuses on the "shadowy" backgrounds and motives of the critics and plays to low crass peasants' psychological weakness by alluding to "invisible hands".
hahaha......more and more people are waking up to the attention seeking style of blah, blah, blah about nothing....
as rightly pointed up, instead of going straight to the points, it is always vague insinuations, name droppings and character assassination aka fairy tales....and always caught with pants down when it cums to facts...

however have to give him due credits for trying to ramp up traffic in a forum where the majority is silent readers...but for heaven sake be factual and stop the fairy tales bullshits although we all love a fairy tale once in a while...as an exception.

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Memorial Ceremony for Pak Said Zahari‏ today

In memory of Pak Said Zahari's enormous contribution to the people
DATE : 4 JUNE 2016 (SATURDAY)
TIME : 2 - 4 PM
VENUE : HOLIDAY INN SINGAPORE ATRIUM
LEVEL 4, CHANGI ROOM
317 OUTRAM ROAD
SINGAPORE 160975

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone has the time, you might want to attend. It will help you understand the people behind the key part of our formative history. These were intellectuals driven by ideology and they and their family sacrificed their future for a cause they believed in.

Compare a person like Said Zahari and Tin Pei Ling. When asked what her biggest regret was in 2011 during campaigning she famously replied that it was not burning her parents to Universal Studio. Well Said Zahari was detained his wife had to set a stall to sell food to feed the kids. She also said famously when asked if there were any policy she would change if elected and she said no.

Memorial Ceremony for Pak Said Zahari‏ today

In memory of Pak Said Zahari's enormous contribution to the people
DATE : 4 JUNE 2016 (SATURDAY)
TIME : 2 - 4 PM
VENUE : HOLIDAY INN SINGAPORE ATRIUM
LEVEL 4, CHANGI ROOM
317 OUTRAM ROAD
SINGAPORE 160975

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall reading a fascinating detailed well researched academic paper on OS written by a foreign academic many years ago. Unfortunately I can't remember his name now, may be an Australian from ANU? Not Michael Barr though. Anyways this chap did mention that Harry was heard to have admitted that people like Teoh So Lung were just simple naive "do gooders caught in the political crosshairs". He also seemed to have identified one of the alleged shadow puppet masters as a Paul Lim (I think that was the name mentioned by this Australian academic??) who was operating from Belgium. Of all the detainees, I wonder whatever happened to Kevin de Souza? I gather he was a bright law student at NUS.

On Tay Kheng Soon, I recall reading another fascinating article, this time a detailed interview given by TKS to some student university magazine/newspaper, many years ago once again! In that interview, I recall TKS expressly saying that Teh Cheang Wan was already a known highly corrupt chap during his time at HDB in the construction industry circle in the 1960s. TKS also described an eye opening informal meeting at Rajaratnam's Chancery Lane house in the 1960s, where Raja 'invited' a whole bunch of intellectual critics of the PAP government to attend and thereafter gave them a subtle yet firm warning to not get in Harry and the PAP government's way as Singapore's survival and development took prime importance over anything else I.e. democracy, if not they would have to be 'dealt with'.

On Tharman, I recently recall seeing a very interesting old photograph of him in his early salad days as an ACS teenager baring his chest reading at night together with his young pals, 2 of whom turn out to be interesting chaps leaning to the left. Yeoh Lam Keong(early retired top government economist) and more interestingly Chew Kheng Chuan (former OS detainee). I knew about YLK's childhood friendship with Tharman but did not know about Tharman's childhood friendship with CKC until I saw that old photograph.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paul Lim is the most elusive of the lot and continues to be central to many things and still based in Belgium. He and Juliet's boyfriend Tsui are the ones that organised the relocation of the 5 after Deng closed the Voice of Malaya at the request of the old man.

Kevin more or less moved on with his life. His wife who was a rising star DBS star sacrificed a lot career wise and I think he decided to devote his time to his family. He moved to Perth about 10 years and is now a successful lawyer doing mainstream stuff. I believe he does legal work of refugees as well. Wife held a surprise birthday party for him for his 50th year birthday where she arranged for all his friends in Singapore and elsewhere to send messages.

Raja did that so many times. Raja gave the same warning to his nephew who wanted to take on the Govt on hospital matters and cited Gopal's dad as one such casualty. Nephew then left for private practice.

It was Chew that dragged Tharman in for the questioning as well. Unlike Tharman, Chew, William etc formed a secret cell with TWP. He was with the last group to be released after the first detention with the exception of VC.

I recall reading a fascinating detailed well researched academic paper on OS written by a foreign academic many years ago. Unfortunately I can't remember his name now, may be an Australian from ANU? Not Michael Barr though. Anyways this chap did mention that Harry was heard to have admitted that people like Teoh So Lung were just simple naive "do gooders caught in the political crosshairs". He also seemed to have identified one of the alleged shadow puppet masters as a Paul Lim (I think that was the name mentioned by this Australian academic??) who was operating from Belgium. Of all the detainees, I wonder whatever happened to Kevin de Souza? I gather he was a bright law student at NUS.

On Tay Kheng Soon, I recall reading another fascinating article, this time a detailed interview given by TKS to some student university magazine/newspaper, many years ago once again! In that interview, I recall TKS expressly saying that Teh Cheang Wan was already a known highly corrupt chap during his time at HDB in the construction industry circle in the 1960s. TKS also described an eye opening informal meeting at Rajaratnam's Chancery Lane house in the 1960s, where Raja 'invited' a whole bunch of intellectual critics of the PAP government to attend and thereafter gave them a subtle yet firm warning to not get in Harry and the PAP government's way as Singapore's survival and development took prime importance over anything else I.e. democracy, if not they would have to be 'dealt with'.

On Tharman, I recently recall seeing a very interesting old photograph of him in his early salad days as an ACS teenager baring his chest reading at night together with his young pals, 2 of whom turn out to be interesting chaps leaning to the left. Yeoh Lam Keong(early retired top government economist) and more interestingly Chew Kheng Chuan (former OS detainee). I knew about YLK's childhood friendship with Tharman but did not know about Tharman's childhood friendship with CKC until I saw that old photograph.

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone has the time, you might want to attend. It will help you understand the people behind the key part of our formative history. These were intellectuals driven by ideology and they and their family sacrificed their future for a cause they believed in.

Compare a person like Said Zahari and Tin Pei Ling. When asked what her biggest regret was in 2011 during campaigning she famously replied that it was not burning her parents to Universal Studio. Well Said Zahari was detained his wife had to set a stall to sell food to feed the kids. She also said famously when asked if there were any policy she would change if elected and she said no.

Was there this afternoon. A big crowd. Many who spoke, expressed admiration for Said Zahari who gave the greater part of his life to the people.

Yes scroobal, your observation of SZ and that TPL is very telling. One sacrificed himself. The dunno-what-to-say girl just take and take. Very telling.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was there this afternoon. A big crowd. Many who spoke, expressed admiration for Said Zahari who gave the greater part of his life to the people.

Yes scroobal, your observation of SZ and that TPL is very telling. One sacrificed himself. The dunno-what-to-say girl just take and take. Very telling.

Kate Spade is just a filler candidate to make up the numbers in Parliament. Only redemption she ever had was winning an SMC which means she won without riding on some minister's coattail, and even then the victory was tainted by the way our BBB (Braddell Brothel Broadsheet) hyped her up and spent 4 years whitewashing her image prior to the election.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad to see that he was recognised for his sacrifices. He was an interesting oddity in the sense that both Tengku and Old man was after his blood. No other detainees faced that dilemma. In fact Tengku sent feelers to friends of Chin Siong when he was under detention to come over to Tengku's side to fight Old man.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been following Tin Pei Ling rather closely as she did not fit the mould of Old Man or GCT or the early pioneers to see where this was all going. When Dr Dixie Tan was chosen as a PAP candidate presumably to fill the gender quota she came with substance and delivered substance. She was also not coy about speaking her mind. So did many other some bright and some not.

When it comes to Tin Pei Ling its a whole different story. A single child who continues to behave like one. I revealed in this forum in 2011 that her first decent job was because a PAP MP Hri Kumar asked his wife to get her a job in her respectable firm. She was a long serving YPAP member and her father was also a long standing member. When her candidacy was announced you could see that she was not suitable as there were thousands of others who were more capable. She had not achieved anything meaningful prior to her selection. In fact GCT was struggling on this and trying his best to sell her.

It over 5 years since her entry into parliament and into her second term and she cannot even hold a candle to most people is her age group in any occupational sector. All her effort and time in these years has been her non-stop campaigning to remain. She quit her job and became a full time MP and then went on to do her post grad. She going to a SMC was not an act of courage but one of strategy by her party . Look at the demographics and the way it was carved out. If Joo Chiat remained and she took on Yee and won, You would not hear a peep from me.

She had 5 years to prove herself but did not. To be honest she is no parliamentarian or even a politician. She has not idea of policy or how to drive an agenda. She has become a highly paid full time town council social workers because I suspect she has not idea what else to do. She is a disgrace to the woman of Singapore, to anyone who stood for office and even someone who does a shift in factory. And like Chee Soon Juan, I will not mention about the handbags.

Kate Spade is just a filler candidate to make up the numbers in Parliament. Only redemption she ever had was winning an SMC which means she won without riding on some minister's coattail, and even then the victory was tainted by the way our BBB (Braddell Brothel Broadsheet) hyped her up and spent 4 years whitewashing her image prior to the election.

Protector Cromwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of you might have attended various events organised and hosted by Function 8. However do be careful as it now being used as a honey trap by the authorities to identify and catalogue people who are organising and meeting people who the authorities regard as subversive to Singapore. It has been operation for some years now and visitors and those previously deported and banned have been allowed to return at the invitation of Function 8 and even conduct training previously banned.

To be clear, there are 2 levels of activities taking place and at times these overlap. The first type involves decent and brave folks expressing the displeasure and dissent of oppressive and authoritarian conduct of this Govt. And it also covers abuses of the authority along the way. This is very important for any society let alone a country to advance in the way they treat and value their citizens and being fair in the treatment of all. The second type is the subversive activity and this is the main concern.

As to the genesis of Function 8, the origins are traced to some who were detained during Operation Spectrum. When they were first released, they approached the Singapore Ex-Political Detainees Association whose membership included those were involved in Operations ColdStore and similar operations down the years. The Association however rebuffed them on the basis there the group did not have any clear political ideology and are not true political detainees. In time Function 8 was formed. It now includes others who were even detained during Coldstore and subsequent detentions but these are few. Not all Operation Spectrum detainees are involved in the second type of activities but they do attend he first type of usual activities.

Except for one political party, the rest have avoided Function 8 even though some members do attend the first type of activities. This political party only has 1 individual heavily involved in Function 8.

On honeytraps - these need not be created by the authorities, any congregation that started by others become one if it is convenient. The fact that previously deported and banned individuals were allowed back clearly makes it one. It does serve their purpose to identify the locals who are drawn and inclined towards subversive activities. Of course I would not put it pass these authorities to actually encourage these activities to draw more people in who might have the best of intentions.

http://theindependent.sg/function-8...individual-citizens-and-civil-society-groups/

The only political party involved in Function 8 activity is SDP. They may have made the most critical move against the regime.