• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucking FT NUH nurse infect children with TB, MOH has shit screening for hires

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
PAP has been letting people into Spore without proper health screening. People should be asking whether there are infected hospital staff in the hospital spreading the disease:confused: Or is it a case of infected children who were from overseas, spreading the disease in Spore:confused:

Screening every single foreigner for every disease under the sun would be a gross overkill.

It would be like putting on a racing harness and full face crash helmet every time you get into a car. It would drastically reduce deaths and injuries on the road but is totally impractical.

Life is all about managing risk not eliminating risk.

The risk posed by TB is so low that there is nothing to worry about.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My mother had TB when I was a teenager. I looked after her and never caught a thing. None of my other family members caught TB either.

The doctors assured us that the chance of us catching anything was minuscule and we should just go about our daily lives in the usual manner.

If TB was easily transmitted sufferers would be quarantined.

i believe Li Ka shing's father died from TB,the doctors that assured u may have been pinoy or shitskin doctors,u might want to get a second opinion from a legitimate one.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i believe Li Ka shing's father died from TB,the doctors that assured u may have been pinoy or shitskin doctors,u might want to get a second opinion from a legitimate one.

This was way back in the 70s. The advice was from true, blue sinkie doctors.

TB can be fatal if untreated. However the risk of the disease being passed to a healthy individual is very low to the point where it is of no major concern. It is not impossible to catch TB but there are many other ways of dying too. We can't live our lives in a glass bubble.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was way back in the 70s. The advice was from true, blue sinkie doctors.

TB can be fatal if untreated. However the risk of the disease being passed to a healthy individual is very low to the point where it is of no major concern. It is not impossible to catch TB but there are many other ways of dying too. We can't live our lives in a glass bubble.

if u are so not afraid why dont u come to singapore and give mouth to mouth to all the TB patients that are going into cardiac arrest?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...The risk posed by TB is so low that there is nothing to worry about.

TB is an incubative disease. It does not show up now if your immune system is strong. In later years, TB will surface when you become older. An infection does not mean you will start showing immediate symptoms. This is the reason why HIV people start getting TB which has been dormant in their systems.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Has it ever occurred to you that sinkie girls don't want a job that involves cleaning up a variety of fluids from putrid, sick bodies.

Without foreign nurses sick sinkies would be dying in the streets.

Thank goodness the PAP has a lot more foresight than you'll ever have. You're a disgrace.

i know several young sinkie girls and even one guy who became nurses. The pay is good nowadays and so are the benefits. So, i don't know what the fuck u are talking about.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where in the world it says nurse is ft?

Common knowledge all hospitals in sinkie land have FT nurses and other medical personnel. Out of 10 nurses, chances are 9 will be from either PRC, Pinoy land or ah neh land who are most likely to bring TB with them to sinkie land.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can catch TB easily if you are taking steroids (like Prednesolone) etc -because your immunity is suppressed.....

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess u are not a singaporean. All sinkies have been mandatory BCG innoculation since 1957. And then they have another booster when they are older. In fact, in singapore, TB has been effectively eradicated. SInce the article says the nurse is 47, she should have been innoculated IF she was a sinkie. I am older then that and I got innoculated myself. It follows that she is not a sinkie. Also the fact that the article declines to mention the nationality is another dead giveaway.

i am as singaporean as you are cuckoo.

u know why moh discontinued the second jab at pr6?

because bcg is effective against tb only in about the first 10yrs of life.
so after that its down to your own immunity.

she may be sick and went to ica collect passport and tio tb from the droves of prcs there

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

she may be sick and went to ica collect passport and tio tb from the droves of prcs there

Confirm is pinoy or prc shit.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know several young sinkie girls and even one guy who became nurses. The pay is good nowadays and so are the benefits. So, i don't know what the fuck u are talking about.

Yes.nurse with higher degree can earn 100k per annum

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. We should present her a medal, for contracting a deadly disease in the line of duty. It is selfless sacrifice like these that make us a great nation.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screening every single foreigner for every disease under the sun would be a gross overkill.

It would be like putting on a racing harness and full face crash helmet every time you get into a car. It would drastically reduce deaths and injuries on the road but is totally impractical.

Life is all about managing risk not eliminating risk.

The risk posed by TB is so low that there is nothing to worry about.

The point is a medical checkup is not mandatory. So what kind of risks are the PAP exposing Sporeans to:confused:

If they are going to be working in the health field shouldn't these foreigners face some kind of health screening:confused:
I know that maids in Spore have to go for periodic pregnancy tests. So why not other foreign workers?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

most likely ah neh as tb cases have spiked in sillycon valley with the arrival of hundreds of thousands of neh dependents and elderly. tb was thought to be eradicated in the 80s, and it was unheard of through the 90s. cases are most prevalent among the ah neh community.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/localnews/ci_8623350

Last edited:

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
If NUH has the nurse taken the Mantoux test prior to hiring, then NUH has done her due diligence.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
My mother had TB when I was a teenager. I looked after her and never caught a thing. None of my other family members caught TB either.

The doctors assured us that the chance of us catching anything was minuscule and we should just go about our daily lives in the usual manner.

If TB was easily transmitted sufferers would be quarantined.

I don't fuck care if you caught it or did not catch it. But if u are working in the health field, YOU CANNOT HAVE IT. Especially when u are work in a pediatric ward where kids do not have a fully developed immune system. Your mother had it, and exposed her family to it. How many fuckers are there in your family? 10? 20? A TB infected nurse exposes herself to hundreds of patients and co-workers a day. Just statistically speaking, her odds of infecting someone is much higher then your mother. These are sick people that cannot afford to contract anything. Which part don't u understand?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If NUH has the nurse taken the Mantoux test prior to hiring, then NUH has done her due diligence.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. There is Mantoux and Heaf test. I wonder why its not a requirement for foreign nurses.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, I was thinking that too. There is Mantoux and Heaf test. I wonder why its not a requirement for foreign nurses.

Her former employers must have conducted it before. No need to waste more money with red tape lah. :o