• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fuck up PAP Chao Chee Bye!!! And Fuck your Foreign Talents too!!!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why dont you guys try to start your own business and make use of those cheap FT labour ?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday I went for an interview conducted by the Resort world at e2i near Redhill MRT

Are U serious? I lived around that area and saw the queue. As far as I can tell they were all locals. At the very least when I was on my way to Redhill market for lunch, everyone in the queue had a pretty local accent. The queue was ridiculously long which was a spectacle in itself, a number of residents were just standing there looking at the queue. It stretched all the way down the slope. My bro actually went to try his luck as a croupier and got the job on the spot. Not sure about MCQ but he told me they kept testing him on mental calculations, might be coz he was applying for a different job.Also apparently they will be sent to the Philippines for month long training in Oct. He ended up not taking the job in the end though

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Char Azn is lying through his teeth.

I was there. I can collaborate. Fucking shit was full of Ah Tiong, Pinoy and Ah Neh.

Are U serious? I lived around that area and saw the queue. As far as I can tell they were all locals. At the very least when I was on my way to Redhill market for lunch, everyone in the queue had a pretty local accent. The queue was ridiculously long which was a spectacle in itself, a number of residents were just standing there looking at the queue. It stretched all the way down the slope. My bro actually went to try his luck as a croupier and got the job on the spot. Not sure about MCQ but he told me they kept testing him on mental calculations, might be coz he was applying for a different job.Also apparently they will be sent to the Philippines for month long training in Oct. He ended up not taking the job in the end though

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you understand the true picture. Might want to read this by Leong Sze Hiang -

http://www.singsupplies.com/showpost.php?p=297080&postcount=1

No sane employer will take a singaporean if all things are equal. Its does not make business sense or even common sense based on the factors that Leong points out.

There are also quotas that are not revealed. You might have actually got the job because the Malaysian completely stuffed his interview and not that you are better.

For years Singapore employers have been grumbling about the CPF. It has already been brought down from its heydays of 25%. Notice that they stopped grumbling since the doors were open wide to foreigners. Ever heard of a 6 months visa for foreigners to look for a job. Know of any other country that does that.

I know that you want to encourage Singaporeans, but one must not be dovey eyed and think that all is sweet.

Hi bro, just a word of encouragement:

I once went for a job interview and met a M'sian candidate there.

During the course of the interview, we were made to fill in our expected salary range in some forms.

At the end of the day, I talked to the M'sian candidate and found out that I had filled in a range that was 1.5x of what he had filled in. When I revealed the amount I had filled in, the first reaction was a jaw-dropping "what-the-fuck-have-you-done!" look.

I initially had doubts about myself after hearing that (cham la, FT zuo pai hang qing, how to get job liddat), and held only a 50/50 chance after hearing so many stories from bros around here.

In the end however, I was hired and not the M'sian candidate. And with my salary within the "1.5x" range of the M'sian candidate.

The moral of the story is: If you have what it takes, FT or not (cheaper labor or not), you will get the job. Do not lose faith in yourself.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate to tell you that your credibility is shot to pieces. This is the second time your "brother" has surfaced to bolster your case. A pattern is clearly forming. I also noticed that your "brother" finally did not take the job so any validation on his IR work cannot be done.

I have had doubts about your views since the automated passport clearence when you claim that it was faster and that your "brother" had also tested it. This is despite the fact that I told you that ICA itself did not make the claim it was faster.

If you wish dispel errors and misinformation about the work of the Govt and there are many here no doubt, you can do that by proper research. Using the same phantom brother to bolster your case is looking really silly.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L7qyMBDDjvU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L7qyMBDDjvU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are also quotas that are not revealed. You might have actually got the job because the Malaysian completely stuffed his interview and not that you are better.

Err.. if he "stuffed" his interview, wouldn't that already mean something? Kinda funny, the way you say it, because that is exactly what I mean.

I do get your meaning, and I am not jaded nor blinded by the facts.

It is logical that if 2 candidates have been judged to have the same performance level, and one is a local and the other a FT, no mistakes about that. Why pay more when both will deliver the same results?

But if you are better than the other candidates, it will not be an easy decision for your would-be employer to make about who to hire despite the slightly higher "premium" (salary, CPF contributions, etc).

If you have the same performance level than the other FT candidates, then naturally there is nothing left to say.

My main point is that if you have what it takes, there won't be any doubt as to the choice of candidate that your would-be employer picks.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dare not. Pimping or Or Gui Towing is illegal and punishments meted out for this kind of offence is severe.:wink::biggrin:

no lah bro, i dont mean this kind of business ...i mean legal business ....we must make full use of those FT :smile:.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
in many first world country..they only import foreigners to fill jobs that the local wont do or dont hane enough locals to fill ..........without affecting the income level and livelihood ....
here ..our gabmen wants quick fix to maintain GDP......the dire consrquence will only surface many years later...
very often..we came across foreign service stafff cant understand and communicated effectively in our ingua francqua, English...I have met Burmese service staff who cant understand what I said..and PRC service staff are even more horrendous and with very bad service attitude...we had already a very drastic drop in workers productivities..also very serious drop in service competency and attitudes!!!!!!!
Just making up the no with CHEAP foriegn workers INDESCRIMINATELY is as good as commiting social suicides!!!!!!!!!!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boycott all . Stop going out . Save all your money . To show your people's power !

Boycott all companies and services that hire FTs . See if they got anything to bitch about !

Too many idiotic Singaporeans .

Save your money buy properties, make it sky high . So the next generation will have to rent apartments .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that you wrote the sentence below tells me that you don't get the picture. What you wrote below is what most employers around the world do.

Here is the picture - its more costly to employ a singaporean. Payroll is one of the major cost component of most economic activity.

I will simplify for you. Both you and a foreigner have a degree with the same score. Both of you will accept a job at entry level for $3,500. Foreigner does not mean that he is retarded, swaku while you a singaporean are suave, highly presentable etc. Basically all things are equal.

Guess who gets the job based on employer costings?

No other country that I know has this sort of program that puts foreigners ahead. Do you know of any?

I saw your original post and realised that you have little understanding of why foreigners are very attractive to an employer. You assumed that you were the better candidate. Its more likely that particular Malaysian did not have the necessary qualification or that he stuffed up.

You might want to explain why an employer wants to hire a Singaporean over foreigner when both have the same qualifications and attributes?

My main point is that if you have what it takes, there won't be any doubt as to the choice of candidate that your would-be employer picks.

Blue6

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spreadsheet the pros and cons instead of ping ponging the issue will form a clearer picture for the naive and confused Singaporeon. It's a no brainer really. Hiring the foreigner incurs less "liabilities for the employer and it gels with the Government's agenda. They retain and increase investments, ideally from without. How the Government sees the final result of Singaporeons having to share half of a small bowl of rice with foreigners in the long run is left for one's conjecture.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will give him 3 costs to consider
14.5% cheaper in wages as CPF is not required
40 days per day NS liability avoided so no replacement consideration
4 months pregnancy leave avoided

I am just surprised that he has no clue and he thought that all was required of him "you have what it takes".

Spreadsheet the pros and cons instead of ping ponging the issue will form a clearer picture for the naive and confused Singaporeon. It's a no brainer really. Hiring the foreigner incurs less "liabilities for the employer and it gels with the Government's agenda. They retain and increase investments, ideally from without. How the Government sees the final result of Singaporeons having to share half of a small bowl of rice with foreigners in the long run is left for one's conjecture.

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will give him 3 costs to consider
14.5% cheaper in wages as CPF is not required
40 days per day NS liability avoided so no replacement consideration
4 months pregnancy leave avoided

I am just surprised that he has no clue and he thought that all was required of him "you have what it takes".

you are very presumptuous, only your 1st point is valid.

2nd point: he may be a she, so no NS; or he might have no reservist liability

3rd point: he will not be entitled to 4 months maternity

you talk a lot about employer's mindset, have you ever run a business yourself? or have you only been a wage slave all your life?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously he cannot get pregnant. Obviously not everyone is liable for reservist. Noy need to be presumptious, use common sense.

The simple fact is that generally it is cheaper to hire a foreigner than a singaporean if all things remain the same ie education, attributes etc. Maybe you can tell me why it is cheaper to hire a singaporean if all other things are equal. I bet you can't.

For all you know the Malaysian asked for higher pay so they took the cheaper singaporean.

you are very presumptuous, only your 1st point is valid.

2nd point: he may be a she, so no NS; or he might have no reservist liability

3rd point: he will not be entitled to 4 months maternity

you talk a lot about employer's mindset, have you ever run a business yourself? or have you only been a wage slave all your life?

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I WANT TO SAY A BIG

FUCK YOU TO ALL SINKAPOREANS WHO GIVE UP SO EASILY!

As a Sinkaporean citizen, i feel sad that my fellow Sinkaporeans are giving up the fight for their own right to a job in their own homeland.

U do NS for fuck?! To protect the foreign cheebye coming in? No right?!!

Then let's strive harder and try our best... whether it is going for interviews again and again, or re-training or upgrading ourselves. Every job we occupy means one less job for those foreign trash! :wink:

Come on, we all have emotions one u know. If you goto the e21 and see so many foreigners, you will feel like giving up. All your brothers also gone, not there. Some more the job only pay about $1000, how you feel?

If all the people queueing up are all Singkies, at least you feel united. Shit job also take, you are not alone.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Char Azn is lying through his teeth.

I was there. I can collaborate. Fucking shit was full of Ah Tiong, Pinoy and Ah Neh.

You're the one lying through your teeth. If U said there was plenty of Ah Tiongs, I might have still believe U, I didnt see a SINGLE AH NEH IN THE QUEUE while I was there. As far as I can tell none of them were pinoys either :oIo::oIo::oIo:.

If U want to make up stories at the very least BE THERE TO LOOK AT WHAT ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE!!!! ASSHOLE!!!

I doubt you've even been to Redhill before. The freaking queue stretch all the way from inside E2I down the slope of Redhill Rd and then snake around one of the HDB blocks. If the entire stretch of the slope and the queue around the HDB block does not have 1 single Indian or Pinoy. Chances are its full of AH Nehs and Pinoys like U claimed. Everyone in the queue were Chinese!!!! U can claim I made a mistake and those in the queue are all Ah Tiongs or MY FTs but dun claim that I'm lying through my teeth when U obviously wasn't even there to assess the situation

Last edited: