• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT's trying to force Singaporean out of a job at Citibank

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://therealsingapore.com/content/complaint-mom-action-must-be-taken-against-citibank-singapore

pic25_0.jpg

Dear TRS Editors,

Please publish this letter. I have already mailed a hardcopy to MOM.

Please keep my email address confidential.

Thanks,

DDP

Complaint to MOM: Action must be taken against Citibank Singapore

According to an article in the Straits Times dated Tuesday 4th June 2013, Citibank Singapore employs nearly 40% Foreigners. But this is only the ‘tip of the iceberg’. My close sources tell me that if Contract Staff are included, the level of Foreigners is in the region of 70%-80%, especially so in backend support operations for IT, Admin and finance depts. etc. Most of these functions are located at Changi Business Park.

So why is there such a disproportionately large number of Foreigners at Citibank Singapore? Are the jobs at Citibank so specialized that only few qualified Singaporeans can do them? Are there not enough Singaporean graduates to fill these jobs? Bear in mind that Singapore has a number of good class Universities and also that every year additionally thousands of Singaporean go overseas to study at good or even better Universities overseas.

I also find it somewhat ridiculous, that although Citibank has been in Singapore for many decades as mentioned in the Straits Times article, Citibank couldn’t even hire and train enough Singaporeans to fill most if not nearly all of the roles at the bank all this while. Was there even any initiative at all by the Management to hire or train more Singaporeans to take over most of the roles in Singapore?

So what real agenda does Citibank have in Singapore? Does the company discriminate against hiring Singaporeans for some positions? Does Citibank allow their Foreign Managers to hire only candidates from their own countries at the expense of equally qualified Singaporeans? How many of Citibank’s Managers of VP/SVP level and Directors based in Singapore are Foreigners?

Another concern I have is regarding Singaporean NSmen with annual Reservist duties. I have heard that Foreign Managers in banks like Citibank regularly discriminate against Singaporeans who have to attend compulsory SAF In-Camp Training for 2-3 weeks every year. They instead hire a Foreigner and give an excuse that they can’t hire a Singaporean with annual Reservist duties as the job is to support ‘24/7 bank operations’ and also give other reasons that it is an ‘Individual Contributor’ role and that there is nobody else in their department to act as a backup.

As a concerned Singaporean, I call upon MOM to demand Organisational Charts from Citibank Singapore for deeper investigation and to make any findings public.

If appropriate, punitive action must be taken by MOM against Citibank Singapore.

Yours Sincerely,

A Singaporean and NSman.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe that is shitskin talk,why would moving base of operations to india or philipines matter?banking is not the manufacturing industry,the money is in singapore not philipines.....what is citigroup going to do in philipines?collect pesos and pinoy ious and mortgages on pinoy slums?theres thousands of businesses here and millions of business loans and student loans and housing loans and car loans here needing to be financed,banks need loans to make money.if citigroup pulls out of the market its their loss not ours.

Don't worry. When American banks move out, Chinese banks will move in. As RMB becomes more acceptable in international trade, American banks will lose out. Time will tell but writing is already on the wall. The tiongs are flexing their muscles in all countries of the world.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stopped giving Citibank biz incl not using its credit cards...

PPS: I want to know what MOM is doing about such casses which are very rampant now...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why should we always give in to indians, our president SR nathan no more...dun give a shit to them, hold their heads like a cobra snake and slam it on the wall.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry. When American banks move out, Chinese banks will move in. As RMB becomes more acceptable in international trade, American banks will lose out. Time will tell but writing is already on the wall. The tiongs are flexing their muscles in all countries of the world.

Imagine the amount of sinkie chinese dogs that will complain about this. They rather be racially discriminated and let's hope tiong banks don't hire shit skins. I don't know but i just have the feeling somehow shit skins will find a way into tiong banks unless more chinese become racially aware and fuck those shit skins up but the chinese dog syndrome at play here will probably cause trouble so proud chinese need to blast these chinese dogs too.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why should we always give in to indians, our president SR nathan no more...dun give a shit to them, hold their heads like a cobra snake and slam it on the wall.

Ah you see. You notice it too. The chinese dog syndrome is quite high especially amongst sinkie chinese. In fact sometimes i feel it isn't even the shit skins but the chinese themselves when a certain percentage of them are chinese dogs fawning over shit skins, ang mohs or anything non chinese.

You ever notice how shit skins openly discriminate or are racist and somehow sinkie chinese won't point it out and still continue to be chinese dogs to these shit skins.