• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Internet surfing for 4 more years

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those hotspots are also very slow. I used to own a wifi device and since i was using singtel i had to use CC to pay for 30 mins of surfing if the other place had starfuck wifi.

Now that my phone has 3G and quite a high end browser i do not need to do that.

Get a good 3G plan it's better u can surf net anywhere.

wireless@sg speeds used to be even slower 2 years ago ... for 2 whole years, i chucked my qmax account aside ...

and then lately, it picked up speed ... as more & more ppl cannot tahan the slowness & subscribe to mobile broadband ... others like u use 3G phones ... this freed up a lot of bandwidth & recently i start logging in to my qmax once more & surf quite ok on wireless@sg ... the only problem is the hotspots location ie. coverage ...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wireless@sg speeds used to be even slower 2 years ago ... for 2 whole years, i chucked my qmax account aside ...

and then lately, it picked up speed ... as more & more ppl cannot tahan the slowness & subscribe to mobile broadband ... others like u use 3G phones ... this freed up a lot of bandwidth & recently i start logging in to my qmax once more & surf quite ok on wireless@sg ... the only problem is the hotspots location ie. coverage ...

It was like around 2 yrs back that i stopped using wifi. I'm not surprised the speed has picked up.

Anyway it's now no more 3g but 3.5G hsdpa and it's getting better and better.

The main advantage of using gprs is that u can use it almost anywhere. During my time different places used different providers. Hence i had to use CC in coffeebean for eg. I'm not sure if there's 1 general acc u can use to log into any wifi hotspot now.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know there is such thing. But there are many airports where the access in airline lounges is not WEP or WPA encrypted.

It's not wep. U need a username and password to log in. MY bad.

There's wifi in changi airport for eg. I used before. No wep, but it needs username and password to log in. If not when u connect your browser will only show the login page and you cannot go anywhere else.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not wep. U need a username and password to log in. MY bad.

There's wifi in changi airport for eg. I used before. No wep, but it needs username and password to log in. If not when u connect your browser will only show the login page and you cannot go anywhere else.

Among the various airline lounges there a few situations:

1. No protection at all - Some of them are probably the airport's free access. For others the name of the wireless point is quite specific to the lounge - wonder how they restrict access since the signal is very strong.

2. WEP/WPA protection - The password given is quite generic i.e. no numbers etc just loungename<LOUNGENAME>.

3. Webpage Password - same as wireless@sg and most hotels you need to enter a password the first time you log in.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Among the various airline lounges there a few situations:

1. No protection at all - Some of them are probably the airport's free access. For others the name of the wireless point is quite specific to the lounge - wonder how they restrict access since the signal is very strong.

2. WEP/WPA protection - The password given is quite generic i.e. no numbers etc just loungename<LOUNGEN

AME>.

3. Webpage Password - same as wireless@sg and most hotels you need to enter a password the first time you log in.

Macdonald's free wifi for eg u need to send in your e-mail before you can surf. Of course just give a fake one.

Anyway needing to key in username and password and wep protection are both the same. There's no way you can surf without knowing the password. Only diff is you can log into the network those without wep but still u need to know their password and username.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
lhl.jpg

"Wah lau eh give you all free stuffs still complain and hiam, later don't give you all ang paos and don't give you all free stuffs and anything then you all know ah. Hei hei hei hei hei.. "

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can save Money! No need to subscribe any Internet services with Free Wireless@sg.

Free Wireless@SG for next four years

Tue, Jun 16, 2009
The Straits Times

Singaporeans will continue to enjoy free Wireless@SG for the next four years, while more low-income families will be able to get computers and broadband services at subsidised rates.

Announcing these initiatives at the opening of the Infocomm Media Business Exchange (imbX), Acting Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Lui Tuck Yew said the plans would 'enable new possibilities and opportunities in both the infocomm and media sectors'.

They are 'exciting development and opportunities that will engage us (Singaporeans) in the years to come', he added.

clap_hands.jpg

would appreciate if they follow the China way.. even their rural city MacDonald outlet provide free computer and free line.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
csk.jpg

"Aiya 讨厌 leh you all, don't ask them increase too much bandwidth and speed mah, later we lose customers and no business will sad wor. 真讨厌, don't friend you all liao. Kekeke.. "

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon5.gif

me gt 1 question leh ... dun wanna start a new thread, so use tis 1 ...

me juz applied 4 wireless@sg ... any1 noes where in sg where dey provide u free power 4 ur laptop? ...

check library oredi, dey provide sockets, but u muz sit on ze floor ... me want sit on chair wif laptop put on table ...

if got such place, pls share leh ... me wil go there whole day ... do my work, ogle @ charbor n surf sbf ...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon5.gif

me gt 1 question leh ... dun wanna start a new thread, so use tis 1 ...

me juz applied 4 wireless@sg ... any1 noes where in sg where dey provide u free power 4 ur laptop? ...

check library oredi, dey provide sockets, but u muz sit on ze floor ... me want sit on chair wif laptop put on table ...

if got such place, pls share leh ... me wil go there whole day ... do my work, ogle @ charbor n surf sbf ...

I will try to be discreet about it ok? :rolleyes:

Pssssssssst.............. @CID

Pssssssssst.............. @MOE

Pssssssssst.............. @ROM

Pssssssssst.............. @ICA

Pssssssssst.............. @NLB

Pssssssssst.............. @SMU

Pssssssssst.............. @C&E

Pssssssssst.............. @school canteen

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pssssssssst.............. @CID

Pssssssssst.............. @MOE

Pssssssssst.............. @ROM

Pssssssssst.............. @ICA

Pssssssssst.............. @SMU

Pssssssssst.............. @C&E

Pssssssssst.............. @school canteen
me non-member la ... all oso cannot enter ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are u sure? At least there is one that anyone can enter... 5th one..
u mean nlb? ...

me saw dat place got oni 1 table where u can tap on ze power ... tink dat table can sit abt 8-10 persons ... iz usually quite well occupied ...

but dat table very open leh ... u surf sbf there, b4 u noe it, ur face is oredi in stomp ...

or u noe of sum other betta lorbangs on other floors? ... share-share leh ...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean nlb? ...

me saw dat place got oni 1 table where u can tap on ze power ... tink dat table can sit abt 8-10 persons ... iz usually quite well occupied ...

but dat table very open leh ... u surf sbf there, b4 u noe it, ur face is oredi in stomp ...

You can get the 5th one @SMU by counting with your toes :p

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
u mean nlb? ...

And Moe Alkaff will come out with his crew from their hiding place and shout "Gotcha!!!"

Welcome back to the 90s ~