• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Internet surfing for 4 more years

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can save Money! No need to subscribe any Internet services with Free Wireless@sg.

Free Wireless@SG for next four years

Tue, Jun 16, 2009
The Straits Times

Singaporeans will continue to enjoy free Wireless@SG for the next four years, while more low-income families will be able to get computers and broadband services at subsidised rates.

Announcing these initiatives at the opening of the Infocomm Media Business Exchange (imbX), Acting Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Lui Tuck Yew said the plans would 'enable new possibilities and opportunities in both the infocomm and media sectors'.

They are 'exciting development and opportunities that will engage us (Singaporeans) in the years to come', he added.

clap_hands.jpg

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can save Money! No need to subscribe any Internet services with Free Wireless@sg.

Free Simi Lan! Must register with you IC.

You post anything negative about the government, you go to jail.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
this wireless@sg is one of those 'wayang' things that serve tourists rather than residents ... the network coverage is in areas of high traffic like orchard road where the toursts are likely to be ...

unless the coverage comes to HDB residential areas, where we can catch the network from our homes, then i take off my hat and say that broadband penetration is 100% ...

otherwise, it is merely wayang ... tourists/foreigners will assume that locals can also get this coverage from their flats and sing praises of s'pore ... nothing is further from the truth !

wireless@sg is IDA's wayang show ...

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try beating this. Free and covers the whole country. But do u see the lowly paid govt boasting about it?

http://www.hotsplots.de/en/

http://www.hotsplots.de/map.html

Did U even read the website U just posted? Its not free. U need to pay to use. It is those who allow users to access their home network that will get paid for doing it. I was wondering why there was such a good deal, got free internet, especially in Europe where they charge insane fees.

Hotspot user pay 1.5 Cent / MByte, but never more than 14.95 EUR per calendar month for using the internet through you hotspot.

http://www.hotsplots.de/en/fun/fun-principles.html

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tue, Jun 16, 2009
The Straits Times

Singaporeans will continue to enjoy free Wireless@SG for the next four years, while more low-income families will be able to get computers and broadband services at subsidised rates.

Announcing these initiatives at the opening of the Infocomm Media Business Exchange (imbX), Acting Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Lui Tuck Yew said the plans would 'enable new possibilities and opportunities in both the infocomm and media sectors'.

They are 'exciting development and opportunities that will engage us (Singaporeans) in the years to come', he added.

clap_hands.jpg

Yes our great PAP government is such caring and loving government that cares for the people in Singapore. 3 great cheers for our PAP. :smile:

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Free also kena criticised

Singaporeans really CMI

Please lets import more PRC talent

That is the problem with the people here. You can't find any country like Singapore with the great PAP government offering such free wireless Internet access for approximately 8 over years. We all should be glad we have such a caring and loving government. Well done PAP, you have done a tremendous job. :smile:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore internet are so slow. you got to be oversea to really know.

Not really. I loss count of the number of countries which have slower speed on average then us. Even a country with fast connections like Australia has its own set of problems. The number of open wireless internet area is pretty limited and the charges are very high. The fact that internet connection is not always readily available in public places means that there's no point having a fast connection even if you are the gateway between Asia and the US since foreigners like us isnt going to find it easy to get connected to anywhere. I cant even get GPRS signal on my blackberry at some of our plants in Australia though I have to admit those plants are usually located in ulu areas.

The problem is compounded by the fact that a good number of hotels(even the better ones) in Australia, and I've stayed in almost all the major cities around the country(cept Darwain), doesnt even offer internet access or access at really slow speeds. The same goes for Taiwan however the rates in Taiwan is by far a lot cheaper then that in Australia and even SG.

And seriously the situation isnt that good in Europe either, the speed isnt that much better and but the fees you pay are ridiculous to say the least, Connectivity isnt so much of an issue however as far as I could find, all their plans have limited access.

I heard Korea has a decent infrastructure but I havent actually had the chance to go around looking but Japan is pretty well covered however very often I found the network is not totally free, a number of P2P software are totally blocked or badly restricted.

But seriously if you only consider speed of access, we're actually not that bad, if you consider area of coverage we're not that bad either.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ungrateful Citizens!!! Give you free still complain slow. If it is fast then ISP earn shit is it? Do you read the key word? It is FREE!!!

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are really that great, they might as well make it free, FOREVER!!!! :oIo:

It will happen. :smile:
The great PAP government is currently helping the low-income and less priviledged household in Singapore to use the Internet and to get in touch and keep up the pace with IT. Look at how great our PAP government has done for Singapore. 3 cheers for them. :smile:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these wireless signals around may cause future health problems like cancer and infertility

For all you know sinkaporeans may be dropping dead due to this