• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free full health check up, blood test, etc for every Singaporean...

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Based upon personal experience with two of my cycling buddies any health check without doing a cardiac calcium score is pretty worthless because both of them went for ECGs (stressed) and came back with a clean bill of health only to develop angina a year or so later and were diagnosed with 98/95% blockage of an important artery.

As for me I don't really want to know. I feel fine and I don't want to look for trouble.
Don't assume, no harm going for a check. once i thought was the fittest among my friends, won the best pt/Ippt during my ns, play soccer almost every week,swim regularly, took part in 4 spore marathon, non smoker/drinker and went for a simple blood test 5yrs ago shows something abnormal ignore it and finally caught up with me and thankfully fully recovered now.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Don't assume, no harm going for a check. once i thought was the fittest among my friends, won the best pt/Ippt during my ns, play soccer almost every week,swim regularly, took part in 4 spore marathon, non smoker/drinker and went for a simple blood test 5yrs ago shows something abnormal ignore it and finally caught up with me and thankfully fully recovered now.

I'm not assuming anything I just don't want to go down the route of regular health checks. They are pointless.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still warfarin?

Monthly INRs?

The NOACs no need INR liao. But the geriatricians say warfarin better cos is easier to reverse if needed. Especially in cases of say femur fractures or intracranial bleed after falls in elderly.

Cardiologists promoting the NOACs.

But warfarin damn cheap lah. And INRs also cheap test. Just that you need to get poked.

Senor Doctor

MY INR has to be in the range 2.5 to 3.0
If within range, then next blood test in 3 months
If out of range, then, in one weeks' time

Warfarin very troublesome
Eg before go dental, must inject Clexane

Thanks for new Info on NOACs
Shall check with my Cardiologist during my next visit

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Senor Doctor

What is the purpose of all this?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What is the purpose of all this?
Metallic heart valve has turbulent flow.

Risk of forming clots in the heart. If clots form can cause embolic stroke. Clot goes to brain blocks smaller arteries.

Warfarin is anticoagulant. Degree of anticoagulation is measured by INR level. Usually 2 to 3 is acceptablr. INR is affected by diet and other medicationsm

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Metallic heart valve has turbulent flow.

Risk of forming clots in the heart. If clots form can cause embolic stroke. Clot goes to brain blocks smaller arteries.

Warfarin is anticoagulant. Degree of anticoagulation is measured by INR level. Usually 2 to 3 is acceptablr. INR is affected by diet and other medicationsm

Actually my question was not regarding the specifics it was about the grand scheme of things. We're all going to die anyway so why bother with all these devices and procedures? All they do is enrich some corporation.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Actually my question was not regarding the specifics it was about the grand scheme of things. We're all going to die anyway so why bother with all these devices and procedures? All they do is enrich some corporation.

Well if he had heart valve issues at a young age eg 20s......likely early heart failure and died pretty young.

I guess for suicidal people like me that would have been a blessing. But not everyone is suicidal.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN what is full body check ? As far as my uncle knows there is no such thing as full body check becas there are too many to check KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Senor Doctor

Turtle why not you change to noac ? KNN if got blue chas can get subsidy from per mth about $100+ to $20 then no need always check inr KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The biggest con people are doctors.

Society should execute all doctors. Burn all the medical textbooks. Destroy all the medical labs and research facilities.
FUCKING CHAO CHEEBYE ELIMINATE ALL INFORMATION RELATED TO MEDICINE AND KILL EVERY PERSON WHO HAS ANY SUCH KNOWLEDGE AND LET THE HUMAN RACE LIVE NATURAL LIVES.

FUCKING CHAO CHEE BYE KNNBCCB!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Like what Mao Tze Dong did. Kill all the doctors!

Qin Shih Huang. Burn all the medical books.

Fuck healthcare man.

Destroy the fucking healthcare system people will be happier. Governments will also breathe a sigh of relief no need to worry about healthcare cost.

People just try whatever herb or crap they want.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like what Mao Tze Dong did. Kill all the doctors!

Qin Shih Huang. Burn all the medical books.

Fuck healthcare man.

Destroy the fucking healthcare system people will be happier. Governments will also breathe a sigh of relief no need to worry about healthcare cost.

People just try whatever herb or crap they want.
KNN my uncle think there should be a law to prevent any medical personnels to share any medical advices or informations on the Internet to protect loctors and any traitors should have their license leevoke KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN my uncle think there should be a law to prevent any medical personnels to share any medical advices or informations on the Internet to protect loctors and any traitors should have their license leevoke KNN

You wont need that law if all the doctor and medical personnel are dead.

Maybe make all medical related things and people outlawed. So if got any chance hear about medical stuff. The secret police will hunt down and assassinate the guy.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chao turtle did you get bruises all over your body like turtle ? KNN

Senor

Yes, some bruises here and there
But I used Turtle SKIN Cream to apply
OK liao

Kumsia

cream.jpg

Last edited: