• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Formerly Good Minister Iswaran's Salary Now Reduced To $8500 Per Month Until Conviction! Oppies Happy Now

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iswaran interdicted from duty during CPIB probe, on a reduced pay of S$8,500 a month until further notice: PM Lee
Iswaran interdicted from duty during CPIB probe, on a reduced pay of S$8,500 a month until further notice: PM Lee
Minister for Transport and Minister-in-charge for Trade Relations S Iswaran pictured on May 17, 2022. (File photo: AFP/Roslan Rahman)
Matthew Mohan
SINGAPORE: Transport Minister S Iswaran has been interdicted from duty with a reduced pay of S$8,500 a month until further notice, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in a ministerial statement on Wednesday (Aug 2).

Mr Lee was speaking in parliament on the corruption probe involving Mr Iswaran, as well as the resignations of two MPs - former Speaker Tan Chuan-Jin and Ms Cheng Li Hui - over their extramarital affair.

Advertisement
More than 10 MPs had filed questions on matters related to the probe by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB).

Given that such incidents involving ministers are rare, Mr Lee said that there is no rule or precedent on how to effect an interdiction on a political office holder. And as such, he used the current civil service practice as a reference point.

"The specific details in Minister Iswaran’s case follow generally how the civil service would deal with a senior officer in a similar situation," said the Prime Minister.

"But this was my decision as Prime Minister, because the political contexts for a minister and a civil servant being investigated and interdicted are different."

Advertisement
According to the Public Service Division, as of 2023, the benchmark level of a minister's monthly salary stands at S$55,000, working out to an annual salary of S$1.1 million.

FACTS OF THE CASE
Briefly running through the facts of the case, Mr Lee said that while investigating a "separate matter", CPIB came across some information concerning Minister Iswaran that "merited investigation".

CPIB alerted Mr Lee on May 29, and pursued the lead further "on their own volition". Mr Lee was briefed on the findings by the director of CPIB on Jul 5.

"He told me that CPIB would need to interview Minister Iswaran to take the investigation further, and sought my concurrence to open a formal investigation," said Mr Lee, who gave his concurrence the next day.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if this ah neh lose his job he can open a consultancy firm in his homeland and live off the Temasek millions poured as.an advisor

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
When u are a suspect,u will be suspended from duty and your salary will also be suspended.Very simple and reasonable explanation and logic.Why Pinky must be so kind to Iswaran to pay him some salary during his suspension ?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree, once arrested should be suspended from all duties and salary also suspended .
If found innocent, pay shoud be reinstated with interest based on banks FD rate for that period, whether 3, 6, 9 12 monts ect2. Only my opinion, what is the civil service procedure mentioned ny LHL?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if this ah neh lose his job he can open a consultancy firm in his homeland and live off the Temasek millions poured as.an advisor
The issue is in singkieland he will be an untouchable...n shit skins land will have no use for him. So I doubt the shit skins will give him the time of the day

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RDT_20230802_1824392727276073843054881.png

I7

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
What dignity and respect are u talking about ? Sinkees are now asking when can they received the next batch of CDC vouchers from the Govt ?:roflmao: