• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former MP found guilty of drink driving, guess who?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...this case validates the simple truth in Singapore:
if u are caught commiting an offence with solid proof, u will be charged in court....
in 1993, EW Barker was also charged with drink driving and fined....

Showdown

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u are caught commiting an offence with solid proof, u will be charged in court....

Ah gugu ah gugu.. your trademark opener "hahaha..." is scary.. like that "hawker" who also goes hahaha.... :eek:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Charge is charge but sentence always lighter than lesser mortals.
Recent pap connected temple chairman was another good example

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kudos to Mr Chan for making Joo Chiat such a Vibrant Name during his tenure as Our MP..:wink:
Without him; how were abLe to to Chiong Pubs such as JaZZ 54 in their heydays ?..:smile:
Thanks so much, Mr Chan ..:biggrin:

Even under CC now, there were a few new pubs opening in the past year.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charge is charge but sentence always lighter than lesser mortals.
Recent pap connected temple chairman was another good example
hahaha...the basic truth we agree is good enough.....
i leave the so called discrepancies in sentencing to those legal experts....smart can already don't pretend to be too smart.

i personally still puzzled over the case with Woffles.......but i am not saying he is connected to MIW.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i don't understand how a simple case of drink driving can drag on and on ad nauseum

we have dozens of cases everyday....and this thread is being dragged like it is so uniquely exciting....sian lah

jw5

Loyal
This former MP is probably too free and needs to get himself a hobby.
He should start a toothpick collection.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very very very rarely do you get good news about these buggers after they leave office.
how many times have you read of a former pappy mp or ministar doing some good deeds after they left office?

Didn't they start a $2 company to bid for Town Councils contract to maintain their computer system ?

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ex-Joo Chiat MP Chan Soo Sen pleads guilty to drink driving

Likely to have been arrested by Volunteer Cops.... not regulars.

VSC volunteer cops will arrest anyone without fear or favour.....

I think Regulars would watch out for their ricebowls, and are more likely to be "flexible" with VIPs......? yes?

No idea about your statement about the VSC.

What I know is some VSC would use their warrant card to collect money from illegal bookie or maybe screw chicken without paying..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am familiar with Barker's case. He would have gotten off if the late prof Chao had updated himself with the new law wrt alcohol limits. Old timers in TP will know what took place.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
serves him right for nearly wiping out all viet mei meis in joo chiat.

What wipe out bro???

Now under Charles ....more viet mm than ever before hor........all the landed real estate there hong gan liao........

I cant wait to see whose GRC ship are they going to sink when they cut up joo chiat SMC ..... The amount of opposition votes in this SMC might even overwhelm and add too much opposi votes that the GRC is lost..... Maybe nicole seah will get her chance to make sure "i dont know what to say.......stomp stomp stomp" remains a one term ccb.......

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am familiar with Barker's case. He would have gotten off if the late prof Chao had updated himself with the new law wrt alcohol limits. Old timers in TP will know what took place.

The late professor chao was a hearty and jolly chap whm everyne loved and respected,.....but more so by some than others because in his own way....he had helped many people by the good old kasih chance since he was eventually the guy who has the abilit to cause a lot of trouble with the things he has t sa about any death.....so many negligent doctors especially those fucked up ones who killed somebody with their stupidity owe him big....

But karma cannot be denied as history has shown.........

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad story for him....down; everyone starts to spit and step on him....even his kakis also hide
next time want to wear white shirt, white pant...better think first

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what are the possible reasons why people who drink insist on driving knowing very well that they will be caught drink driving...

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how many times have you read of a former pappy mp or ministar doing some good deeds after they left office?

This one count or not?

st-2011-07-24-dr-tony-tan-helping-injured-boy.jpg