• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former MP found guilty of drink driving, guess who?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is one lucky man. First time offender doesn't mean first time he drank and drove!

He had to vacate his JC seat. No choice. Lots of complaints against him from his own grassroot leaders. Residents too. He would appear at their meetings slightly tipsy. It is also a known fact that while he was MOS Education, he drank before meetings. Perhaps his China posting was the root cause of his fondness for alcohol. It was just a matter of time before he got caught with pants down by TP.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ex-Joo Chiat MP Chan Soo Sen pleads guilty to drink driving

[QUOTE}
Chan also told reporters that he had stated in his mitigation plea, which was not read out in court, that he did not cause any accident, injury or damage to public property and had cooperated with the authorities. Chan, who was accompanied by a friend to today’s hearing, added that he accepted the punishment and wants to move on. He could have been fined up to $5,000 or jailed up to six months.
[/QUOTE]

" he did not cause any accident, injury or damage to public property"

My good friend lived in Joo Chiat Area when he was in charge & had always grumbled that he 'turn the other way' due to his Chinese connection, & allowed the place to be flooded with sea of PRC & Vietnamese women...it was a ripe "CHICKU" for the opposition to pick...but last election the section of the "ripe chickus' was incorporated into Marine Parade GRC...& guess who lost by a few hundred votes there??:rolleyes:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Useless crap. What do MPs even do half the time?

If i tell them i no money to buy food, they will tell me to go upgrade my skills to find job only right?

of course, becauseif you cant, then you must not be doing enough..
like that everyone can be president o r PM , if cannot, then upgrade your skills

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was away..Anyone knows what is the outcome of the accident involving 6 vehicles near Bugis Junction some 3 months back..???

This guy was probably some big shot as the ST defended his good character and stress his importance of being a Singapore swimming Club member..

The paper said he works very hard that day and the weather was terribly unfavourable.

I am keen cos the paper was terribly biased with the report..

No mention how his conduct endangered the lives of other ordinary
singaporean

does it depend on who is flavour of the month?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is one lucky man. First time offender doesn't mean first time he drank and drove!

He had to vacate his JC seat. No choice. Lots of complaints against him from his own grassroot leaders. Residents too. He would appear at their meetings slightly tipsy. It is also a known fact that while he was MOS Education, he drank before meetings. Perhaps his China posting was the root cause of his fondness for alcohol. It was just a matter of time before he got caught with pants down by TP.

They had yet to catch him with his pants down at Geyland with some PRCs or his fav haunt Joo Chiat with some Viet! LOL

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A shop owner in JC, who know CSS personally told me about 2 mths before the last GE that he will be dropped - due to woman's affairs. His words (in Hokkien) - Chong Ti Chabo.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

.....................:*:

Speaking to the media after the hearing, Chan, who was a Minister of State of various ministries between 2001 and 2006, said that this was his first traffic offence (first because kenna caught first time:confused:). On the evening of July 13, he drove to a charity event as he could not find a cab (if want to go by cab and really think that the charity event is important, never heard of taxi booking meh:confused:) How many former MPs you see come to an event in a cab one har:confused:). Chan drank some red wine as organisers of the charity event had toasted him.
After the the event, he did not ask a car jockey to drive him home (this time cannot find car jockey also izit:confused:).....................

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why he left his brain at home and went to the charity event without it?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A shop owner in JC, who know CSS personally told me about 2 mths before the last GE that he will be dropped - due to woman's affairs. His words (in Hokkien) - Chong Ti Chabo.

This ex-MP chap really think he is "Chu Liu Xiang"?
Can dine, wine and up so many "Chabo" with his influence of authority?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former Member of Parliament Chan Soo Sen has been fined S$2,000 and disqualified from driving for 12 months for drink driving.

chan-soo-sen.jpg

Former Member of Parliament Chan Soo Sen. (Photo: TODAY/Ooi Boon Keong)

SINGAPORE: Former Member of Parliament Chan Soo Sen has been fined S$2,000 and disqualified from driving for 12 months for drink driving.
The incident happened on July 13 this year.
He was convicted in a district court on Thursday morning.

- CNA/fa
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/former-mp-found-guilty-of/762600.html

Chu Liuxiang is the fictional protagonist of the wuxia novel series Chu Liuxiang Series (楚留香系列) by Gu Long. He robs the rich to help the poor and upholds justice in the jianghu. He is nicknamed "Daoshuai" (盜帥; Bandit Chief) or more popularly, "Xiangshuai" (香帥; Chief Xiang). He is intelligent and observant, kind and compassionate. His name "Liuxiang" literally means "lingering fragrance".

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why he left his brain at home and went to the charity event without it?

He sang this song while driving home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb6KaPdnmH4 in Mandarin of course...& then he saw the LIGHTS.. ha ha ha POLICE ROAD BLOCK...but did he show his "membership card"...maybe expired!...but he forgot his "community chest" card as well,,"get out of jail free"... ha ha ha

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It seems the ex MPs are getting into trouble....ex MP choo and now this guy.
Is it during MP time they get free pass and now no more mp they wrongly think they are still protected?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder when he was MOS education did he taste any foreign students working part time in his constituency?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lim sia sway also look tipsy all the time. How come he's not dropped yet?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I recall months before the GE, CSS expressed surprise someone else was about to take over without him being informed or something like that. That was total embarrassment, imo.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kudos to Mr Chan for making Joo Chiat such a Vibrant Name during his tenure as Our MP..:wink:
Without him; how were abLe to to Chiong Pubs such as JaZZ 54 in their heydays ?..:smile:
Thanks so much, Mr Chan ..:biggrin: