• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Former CNA bureau chief said LHL threw tantrum when asked about Ho Ching's salary. She also asked when Loong will resign

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM Lee did not like being questioned about Ho Ching’s salary – former CNA bureau chief
“I appreciated the civil servant’s initiative to let me know as a friend but had the PM addressed my question properly back then without temper tantrum, maybe he wouldn’t be in hot soup today?” said Haseenah Koyakutty
By
Jewel Stolarchuk
-
May 23, 2019

Former Indonesia bureau chief for Channel NewsAsia Ms Haseenah Koyakutty has said that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong did not like being questioned about his wife, Ho Ching’s salary as chief executive of sovereign wealth fund Temasek.
Sharing her account on Twitter, Ms Haseenah who is now a freelance journalist said that this occurred before Mr Lee became the Prime Minister of Singapore, and that she was “direct about the conflict of interest without beating about the bush.”
Ms Haseenah had referred to a blog post by Reform Party’s secretary-general Kenneth Jeyaretnam titled, “How many more years will go by before we learn how much the Lees have paid themselves while in public office?” In his post, Mr Jeyaretnam had questioned why Ho Ching’s salary is a state secret.

Haseenah Koyakutty@HaseenahKoya

· May 21, 2019

#Singapore #Succession #HoChing:

Kenneth ain’t gonna let go on this Ho Ching salary topic, and I’m glad persistence pays!

“At least the fact that the @wpsg has asked (the) question for the first time is a breakthrough of sorts.”
2b07.png

1/5
Kenneth Jeyaretnam@KenJeyaretnam

How Many More Years Will Go by Before We Learn How Much the Lees Have Paid Themselves While in Public Office? http://kenjeyaretnam.com/2019/05/20/how-many-more-years-will-go-by-before-we-learn-how-much-the-lees-have-paid-themselves-while-in-public-office/ …

I once asked PM @leehsienloong in a media face time about this very topic, and he did not like it. I was direct about the conflict of interest without beating about the bush.

This was back in 2004 just before he assumed the PMship.

2/

9:21 AM - May 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Haseenah Koyakutty's other Tweets

The Reform Party chief had referred to the parliamentary question filed by the Workers’ Party Member of Parliament Png Eng Huat, and the response he got from Second Minister for Finance, Lawrence Wong.
Mr Png had asked Mr Wong “whether there is a remuneration cap for key management staff of Fifth Schedule companies like GIC and Temasek; and for the past five years, what is the range of total annual remuneration, including salary, annual and performance bonuses, paid to the top three highest paid executives in GIC and Temasek respectively.”

Mr Wong, who also serves as National Development Minister, replied to the parliamentary question saying:
“GIC and Temasek are commercially-run companies. The remunerations of their staff are therefore decided independently by their respective boards. The Government maintains an arms-length relationship with the companies and does not interfere in their operational decisions such as remuneration. Instead, we hold the boards accountable for their respective performances.
“Broadly speaking, both entities adopt remuneration frameworks that are based on performance and industry benchmarks. The salaries are benchmarked to the relevant markets and sectors where the entities compete for talent. This ensures that they can attract and retain capable people.
“The remuneration frameworks also aim to support and reinforce a prudent risk-taking culture. A portion of the remuneration in both entities is tied to long-term performance. This ensures that staff, including senior management, are rewarded for long-term sustained performance, rather than a focus on short-term gains.
“Ultimately, the Government evaluates the performance of the two entities based on their long-term returns, net of all expenses incurred. These figures are published in their annual reports, and they show that both GIC and Temasek have performed creditably under challenging market conditions.”
Mr Jeyaretnam slammed Mr Wong’s answer as being “grossly arrogant and insulting to Singaporeans’ intelligence”.
In a subsequent tweet, Ms Haseenah said that a “kind civil servant present (at Mr Lee’s media huddle in 2004) told (her afterwards) that PM went ballistic after that media question time.”
She added: “I appreciated the civil servant’s initiative to let me know as a friend but had PM addressed my question properly back then without temper tantrum, maybe he wouldn’t be in hot soup today?”
Ms Haseenah said that if it is true that Mr Lee went ballistic after being questioned about his wife’s salary, it is a “princeling” sort of behavior – or behaviour in which an individual acts like a “prince”. She also asked when Mr Lee was going to resign as Prime Minister.

· May 21, 2019

Replying to @HaseenahKoya

A kind civil servant present told me afterward that PM went ballistic after that media question time. Lol.

/3​

I appreciated the civil servant’s initiative to let me know as a friend but had PM addressed my question properly back then without temper tantrum, maybe he wouldn’t be in hot soup today? 4/

· May 21, 2019

A kind civil servant present told me afterward that PM went ballistic after that media question time. Lol.

/3​

I appreciated the civil servant’s initiative to let me know as a friend but had PM addressed my question properly back then without temper tantrum, maybe he wouldn’t be in hot soup today? 4/

· May 21, 2019

I appreciated the civil servant’s initiative to let me know as a friend but had PM addressed my question properly back then without temper tantrum, maybe he wouldn’t be in hot soup today? 4/​

Hey PM Lee, is it true you went ballistic? Lol. It’s a very Suu Kyi kinda entitled princess or princeling behavior. #JustSaying

And oh, when will you #ResignPMLee?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Madam Ho Ching's appointment and salary in TH has been discussed to death in Parliament and in forums. There is no conflict of interests, and oppies should cease and desist from flogging a dead horse. Be careful of passing defamatory statements about our good PM or Madam Ho Ching. I will not hesitate to report you to the relevant authorities.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Madam Ho Ching's appointment and salary in TH has been discussed to death in Parliament and in forums. There is no conflict of interests, and oppies should cease and desist from flogging a dead horse. Be careful of passing defamatory statements about our good PM or Madam Ho Ching. I will not hesitate to report you to the relevant authorities.
Is it? Lol :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember her, she was the Indonesia correspondent always seen on CNA. :biggrin:

Seems like Pinky Loong has a nasty temper, are you sure Dhanabalan wasn't slapped by him? :roflmao:

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
HC is the wife of our highest paid PM in the world so she should be paid astronomical amount to match up to her husband. We never disclose PM salary (although we know liao) so we cannot disclose HC salary lor. Long live PAP, huat ahhhhhh!
20190419_135729.gif