• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former Chief Justice In NUS to Brain Wash Future Lawyers

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE — With effect from yesterday, former Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong has joined the National University of Singapore’s (NUS) Faculty of Law as its first Distinguished Fellow.

As a Distinguished Fellow, Mr Chan will pursue research and writing projects, and engage with current students through “fireside chats” and lectures.

“My appointment will give me many opportunities to discuss the law in action with students, and to encourage them to look at the law in all its manifestations,” said Mr Chan, who turns 76 next month.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...e-nus-law-facultys-first-distinguished-fellow

Do you remember polling station incident? This is the guy:

In 1992, he was appointed Attorney-General of Singapore. Acting in this capacity in 1997, he submitted an opinion to the Government of Singapore that although the Parliamentary Elections Act forbade unauthorized persons to loiter within 200 metres of polling stations on polling day, this did not apply to unauthorized persons who were inside the stations. Chan was asked to render this opinion following a complaint by the Workers' Party of Singapore that during the 1997 general election former People's Action Party Members of Parliament had loitered in polling stations.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is the guy who can redefine the laws of Physics. A powerful man indeed.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the guy who can redefine the laws of Physics. A powerful man indeed.

He is also a lazy bum. This I can tell from his tribute to LP Thean on the latter's retirement, even complained about no coffee break:

"My association with LP Thean began at a professional level in April 1969 when I left Braddell Brothers to join ShookLin & Bok where he was the sole managing partner of the Singapore branch. Under LP's progressive management and firm leadership, the law practice grew very fast. Indeed, it grew too fast for the legal talent available in the firm then. As a result, LP had to do most of the legal work himself, especially the banking and corporate work. I was told that he was usually at the office by 7am and that he left the office after 7pm. I cannot vouch for this personally, as I was never there at these times. But, I was sure it was true. There was no coffee break in the morning (a privilege I enjoyed in Braddell Brothers) as he made sure that coffee and tea were served to lawyers whilst they were at work." - Chan Sick Keong then AG of SINKieland.

Full speech of this lazy bum is here: http://www.lawgazette.com.sg/2002-7/July02-inprac.htm

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hope that he is not a horny bastard. If not many girls will get 2nd upper easily.

TuaCheeBye

Alfrescian
Loyal
LP and Chan SK maybe the 2 persons that caused Shook Lin to breakup cos of Pinetree club case in the 80s together with now deceased Winston Chen and Chow Peng.... :eek:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He will tell the students that Singapore judiciary is very fair, just like a fairy tale stories

http://singaporedissident.blogspot.sg/2012/02/singapores-chief-justice-claims-they-do.html

Singapore's state controlled newspaper The Straits Times of Feb 16, 2012 has the story "Judges do justice, not politics: Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong". The article states "Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong on Wednesday responded to critics who charge that judges here make decisions that tend to favor the Government". "He said the Singapore courts have never shirked from the judiciary role of checking on legislative and executive acts when issues of illegality are raised."

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This chap came from m&d land and somehow he got connected to that old fart which landed him a job as a Judicial Commissioner in Sillypore.
Majority of Sillypore's judge was in fact chosen by old fart himself under the disguise of getting the President to appoint them.

A Judicial Commissioner in Singapore is appointed to the Supreme Court by the President of Singapore "on the advice of the Prime Minister", and has the powers of a Judge.[1] A person may be appointed a Judicial Commissioner if he/she has been a "qualified person" within the meaning of section 2 of the Legal Profession Act and/or a member of the Singapore Legal Service for at least ten years. [2] The appointment is for a specific period which is determined by the President. Many Judicial Commissioners go on the become Judges of the Supreme Court, such as Andrew Phang Boon Leong, Belinda Ang Saw Ean, Tan Lee Meng and V K Rajah.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some people get their retribution too early and they are still alive and seeing their younger family members pass away.

http://newshub.nus.edu.sg/pressrel/1009/100901.php

Ms Isabel Chan was 34 when she died from breast cancer on 1 September 2008.

bro, dont do any chek ak things. It is ok to be poor but dont bully the ordinary men with your position high up there. NO matter how high up your position, you and your love ones will meet the maker one day.

SlickJon

Alfrescian
Loyal
engage students in 'fireside chats'...

maybe he wants some of the action that Tey was getting in NUS...lol