• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dury free for the entire 4 islands. And that is a huge incentive. It means no taxes for imported cars and businesses. But it can only be for export and not for local consumption. You cannot bring any the goods into the mainland Johore, it is tax free as long as it stays inside the Forest City. But it will be very good for export business and any one who wish to set up off shore businessses. It is very good for off shore banking and financial center as well. Singapore is going to have a big competitor soon.

It is upto govt to allow for tax free purchases to be brought into Johore main land subject to certain threshold.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
With 95% China buyer, I just wonder if they will come and stay once the properties are completed. Hopefully it's not just a place to park their money and make it into another ghost town. Don't tell me ghost town also can export.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is upto govt to allow for tax free purchases to be brought into Johore main land subject to certain threshold.

I supposed you have not been to Langkawi which is also a duty free zone. Apart from cheaper cars which does not have excise duties, most of those shopping items from ciggies to liquors, bags, etc similar to those airport duty free items. There's no GST and businesses are also exempted from paying taxes. Corporate taxes is 24% in Malaysia. However cars bought can only be used in the designated area only.

Tioman, Labuan and Langkawi is also a free trade area. Labuan is also a offshore international financial center where you can open offshore banking there. Duty free shops are very different from Duty free zones. Duty free shops can only be shopped by foreigners. Locals cannot buy anything there. Duty free zones can be shopped by anyone.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I supposed you have not been to Langkawi which is also a duty free zone. Apart from cheaper cars which does not have excise duties, most of those shopping items from ciggies to liquors, bags, etc similar to those airport duty free items. There's no GST and businesses are also exempted from paying taxes. Corporate taxes is 24% in Malaysia. However cars bought can only be used in the designated area only.

Tioman, Labuan and Langkawi is also a free trade area. Labuan is also a offshore international financial center where you can open offshore banking there. Duty free shops are very different from Duty free zones. Duty free shops can only be shopped by foreigners. Locals cannot buy anything there. Duty free zones can be shopped by anyone.

Thanks for your informative explanation. I am just saying whether consummers are allowed to bring out purchases from tax free zone without being taxed is a matter of policy by govt. I remembered the ex Penang free trade zone operated this way.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With 95% China buyer, I just wonder if they will come and stay once the properties are completed. Hopefully it's not just a place to park their money and make it into another ghost town. Don't tell me ghost town also can export.

No ghost town la..... i am sure many singaporeans will rush to buy. Same quality but cheaper option compare to Sentosa Cove.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problems is that the PRC pretty mei meis are not really flocking here! I drove around Forest City, JPO, LEGOLAND and I only see over-aged PRCs. My younger mei meis prefer to go MBS take selfie

Looks like China is turning SEA into a carribbean like region with strings of sea and beach resorts.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problems is that the PRC pretty mei meis are not really flocking here! I drove around Forest City, JPO, LEGOLAND and I only see over-aged PRCs. My younger mei meis prefer to go MBS take selfie

As long as open market forces are allowed to work, there is no worry...things may turn out better than one could hope for

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forest City coveted duty-free status definitely outshine the rest of the development. This 20 year ambitious project together with the other launched project will ensured Sg property best days are over. If you are buying, take your time.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The quality of materials different in US and Europe, not cardboard.

On this building material subject, it would be interesting to see what type of materials the foreign contractors are using especially those in reclaimed land and those who can build in record time. Many a times, it is not what you see on the surface finishing but what is beneath it.

Would it be gypsum plaster board, cementitious board, light weight cement blocks, precast panels or cement and brickwork?
Would they put in cardboard honeycomb, styrofoam boards or fiberglass wool as infill? Or would they use lightweight concrete blocks like aerated conconcrete blocks or they mix with styrofoam beads and wood chips? Or simply uses extruded concrete panels with holes in it.

Darn, property investment is not just buying the property, we need to know the quality of property being built with. It is fun, isn't it?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
On this building material subject, it would be interesting to see what type of materials the foreign contractors are using especially those in reclaimed land and those who can build in record time. Many a times, it is not what you see on the surface finishing but what is beneath it.

Would it be gypsum plaster board, cementitious board, light weight cement blocks, precast panels or cement and brickwork?
Would they put in cardboard honeycomb, styrofoam boards or fiberglass wool as infill? Or would they use lightweight concrete blocks like aerated conconcrete blocks or they mix with styrofoam beads and wood chips? Or simply uses extruded concrete panels with holes in it.

Darn, property investment is not just buying the property, we need to know the quality of property being built with. It is fun, isn't it?

Not fun when the possibility of using sub standard materials without any form of statutory checks is frightening for owners and fun for us.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not fun when the possibility of using sub standard materials without any form of statutory checks is frightening for owners and fun for us.

My relative once bought a condo of which the walls are made of 3 inch thick of styrofoam board and sprayed with cement over some wire mesh. And this is approved by our own Fire Department. It is correct as it complies to Class O as specified in the local building by laws. And it is widely used in Europe as well. This system is fast installation and lightweight. The building foundation need not be very strong. There's tremendous cost saving in light weight especially in reclaimed land.

But, Malaysians being Malaysians, we bathe with buckets of water. The bathrooms is always flooded. And water seep out and goes to the lower floors. In Europe, they shower in shower tubs. The floor is always dry. That's come to the question of suitability to the local culture.

Maybe not all developers uses these systems. Perhaps many too uses the good old traditional cement and brick afterall.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please don't gloss over the fact that living there is a highly toxic environment and unstable reclaim land may affect structural integrity. Singaporeans please be aware of these facts before taking the plunge.

Do you know that the ant bait that kills ants and the whole colony actually tastes very sweet and delicious to the ants? Ask yourself why so many sweeteners are added to FC if it is such a good market and not targeted to locals but almost wholly foreigners, Malaysia is one of the most foreigner unfriendly and protective places in the world when comes to real estate and jobs, so when there is not even Bumiputra allocation is a big WOW!!! ....... Alarm bells ringing very loudly. Don't everyday say this is a Sultan involved project, there is huge money to be made by him at a stroke of a pen, all he needs is to give approvals and money comes pouring in. So stop being dumb and say Sultan of Johor this, Sultan of Johor that, it has nothing to do with you.

Tekkun what is your intention to post this? You want Singaporeans to lose their money? Singaporeans are like sheep and would gladly eat food from the very people who later would slaughter them, they are being screwed badly everyday in their own country and do not need to be screwed overseas.i suggest you put your money where your mouth is and buy in FC.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't gloss over the fact that living there is a highly toxic environment and unstable reclaim land may affect structural integrity. Singaporeans please be aware of these facts before taking the plunge.

Do you know that the ant bait that kills ants and the whole colony actually tastes very sweet and delicious to the ants? Ask yourself why so many sweeteners are added to FC if it is such a good market and not targeted to locals but almost wholly foreigners, Malaysia is one of the most foreigner unfriendly and protective places in the world when comes to real estate and jobs, so when there is not even Bumiputra allocation is a big WOW!!! ....... Alarm bells ringing very loudly. Don't everyday say this is a Sultan involved project, there is huge money to be made by him at a stroke of a pen, all he needs is to give approvals and money comes pouring in. So stop being dumb and say Sultan of Johor this, Sultan of Johor that, it has nothing to do with you.

Tekkun what is your intention to post this? You want Singaporeans to lose their money? Singaporeans are like sheep and would gladly eat food from the very people who later would slaughter them, they are being screwed badly everyday in their own country and do not need to be screwed overseas.i suggest you put your money where your mouth is and buy in FC.

1. Did you read the whole article especially the last few paragraphs?
2. This is a published article. I do not make all these up.

Read the whole article, then comment.

Although most local developers chafe at the special incentives accorded to Forest City or to Medini, they acknowledge the Chinese developers in Johor including Guangzhou R&F and Greenland Group, seem to have their own customer base.

"They are not targeting the local market so much but more the mainland Chinese using Singapore as a marketing tool," Mr Shum said. Even so, he observed that Chinese buyers have been slow to occupy their completed apartments and suggested investors of secondary property in denser projects do more research to avoid buying into buildings that are poorly occupied.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Did you read the whole article especially the last few paragraphs?
2. This is a published article. I do not make all these up.

Read the whole article, then comment.

Although most local developers chafe at the special incentives accorded to Forest City or to Medini, they acknowledge the Chinese developers in Johor including Guangzhou R&F and Greenland Group, seem to have their own customer base.

"They are not targeting the local market so much but more the mainland Chinese using Singapore as a marketing tool," Mr Shum said. Even so, he observed that Chinese buyers have been slow to occupy their completed apartments and suggested investors of secondary property in denser projects do more research to avoid buying into buildings that are poorly occupied.

Did I say you wrote the article? Note that I said you posted the article, yes I read the last few paragraphs but it was baloney to me, lots of stupid Sinkies going to fall for this project, you fail to highlight the part of FC being a duty free zone where Singaporeans can buy things there duty free..... If this is not to entice the Singaporeans, then who?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did I say you wrote the article? Note that I said you posted the article, yes I read the last few paragraphs but it was baloney to me, lots of stupid Sinkies going to fall for this project, you fail to highlight the part of FC being a duty free zone where Singaporeans can buy things there duty free..... If this is not to entice the Singaporeans, then who?

1. This is a Forest City thread. You post all items related to it in this thread.
2. Do not assume what you think is what others think.
3. Even if people want to buy, what's your problem?
4. This article specifically said target market is China.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not a self professed savior of Singapore investors.
It is their money and it is their life. Make or lose money is none of my concern.
I do not need to highlight nor to market properties to Singaporeans.
I am a Malaysian from a third world country. I know my own standing.