• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

For Duck Dish Lovers

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seldom eat duck but I remember one favourite dish from childhood days. My neighbours would cook a pot of duck soup with herbs, served with thin white noodle and a dash of XO. It was quite a big pot with live duck they slaughtered themselves. On special occasions like CNY or birthdays, they'd always invite my family over.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time come Thailand order the roast duck in red curry = gaeng-ped-bed-yang (แกงเผ็ดเป็ดย่าง) = literally curry roast duck.

Damn shiok.

Never seen that dish in Thailand before. Actually my experience in Thailand only Bangkok once but cheong Hatyai many times. In Hatyai braised duck noodle is best. But don't know why always can't find duck rice. There always duck noodle only.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
braised duck (卤鸭)- Redhill Mkt - 友记, there is also another stall in the same market braised duck also very popular. Personally i like 友记。

roast duck..hmm so far haven't tasted a fantastically good one...Beijing duck counted or not? 全聚德 Beijing LOL
Hmm... I'll go and try someday, thanks for the recommendation.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Never seen that dish in Thailand before. Actually my experience in Thailand only Bangkok once but cheong Hatyai many times. In Hatyai braised duck noodle is best. But don't know why always can't find duck rice. There always duck noodle only.

This is a very common dish although very strange at first for me, I mean who in the world would put roasted duck into curry right? But it does taste good. If anyone of you happen to come Bangkok do look out for a nice little place that serves duck and goose. The braised goose is damn solid, damn damn solid. They call it "han-pah-lo" (han is goose in Thai). You can find the restaurant from their website at http://www.hanpalo.com/. Its along Lat Phrao road but not far from Poseidon, like 5 mins drive away.

Oh oh don't forget their duck and goose feet, their web is very shiok. I sometimes call them for home delivery, just pay $1.50 more for this service and your hot goose and duck will arrive in 30-45mins.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seldom eat duck but I remember one favourite dish from childhood days. My neighbours would cook a pot of duck soup with herbs, served with thin white noodle and a dash of XO. It was quite a big pot with live duck they slaughtered themselves. On special occasions like CNY or birthdays, they'd always invite my family over.

That must be sipchuan (literally meaning "perfect 10"). I don't any Chinese family cook that at home nowadays. It needs whole duck, many herbs and many hours to boil. As such, it's also not available as hawker dish. Some Chinese restaurants may have it available for booking whole tables.