• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

For Duck Dish Lovers

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where can I find Duck Curry ? ??

red-duck-curry.jpg

thai restaurant leh, duck red curry

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This 1 no more liao, last time their stall was at Rochor Centre HDB downstairs, its nice and cheap, after moving to Beach Road, more expensive and not nice anymore..... No more at Beach road

So its no more at beach road or this stall is legend liao?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend, pls eat DUCK in moderation coz its very high in hydrochloric acid
leading to "stones deposits" in kidneys n bladders. Tk cre

jw5

Loyal
I'm not very familiar about ducks. :o

But interested in some opinions.
Does anyone like the sian xiao er herbal duck?
Or is it considered ordinary and there are better?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not very familiar about ducks. :o

But interested in some opinions.
Does anyone like the sian xiao er herbal duck?
Or is it considered ordinary and there are better?
Sucks, normal roasted duck, just pour the herbal gravy over it when served, dun bother to try it.

jw5

Loyal
Sucks, normal roasted duck, just pour the herbal gravy over it when served, dun bother to try it.

Already did, found it quite ok.
Just wondering whether it's considered good or not.
My specialty are fish soup and lei cha fan. :o

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Already did, found it quite ok.
Just wondering whether it's considered good or not.
My specialty are fish soup and lei cha fan. :o
Like what you said, its ok only lor, but Dian Xiao Er menu is ok lah, can eat.
Should try the fish soup i recommend, see the fish soup thread. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
braised duck (卤鸭)- Redhill Mkt - 友记, there is also another stall in the same market braised duck also very popular. Personally i like 友记。

roast duck..hmm so far haven't tasted a fantastically good one...Beijing duck counted or not? 全聚德 Beijing LOL

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Next time come Thailand order the roast duck in red curry = gaeng-ped-bed-yang (แกงเผ็ดเป็ดย่าง) = literally curry roast duck.

Damn shiok.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duck dish sure plenty of varieties. There was one kiam chye duck soup at Kambangan near the mosque, charge 8 dollars, always saved the skin for the last. Now not more there. One at East Coast Park not so good. More kiam chye than duck.

Herbal duck go to over to JB. One near town fuckshop my favorite.

Good braised duck hard to find. One at Lor 5 Toa Payoh moved after renovation and cannot find shop anymore. Parkway Parade one worst, micro-slice and kena chop carrot.

For roast duck, stall at Lor 7 blk 8 is good, 3 men working in there but they close within hours after 11am and close on Tues while kopitiam close on another day. WTF. Go there for nothing always. The other one at Blk 69 Bedok South Ave 3 uses good sauce with chilli. Always scooped extra.

Cannot bring myself near Ah Tiong shops at Chinatown selling duck heads, duck parts with neck, gizzard, bones, wings, heart. You see the Ah Tiong ladies eating them using plastic bag as hand gloves.

In Frankfurt, hunger for rice is so great, so take train all the way to Main station, skip the xxx shops and go to straight to the Zeil to Thai Express City for their curry duck. Very large duck slices.

Yet more ducks. Try duck liver mousse bread spread. Bargain price at Carrefour when near expiry date.